“Clean but dated” 3 of 5 bubbles

Tudor Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Olton B&B and Inns
“Clean but dated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very very dated, but I can say it it also very clean. I booked a standard double room, wasn't even a double bed, two singles pushed together & two single duvets. Didn't make for a very comfortable night sleep! Should be a twin room not a double. Lots of banging from 6am, so no chance of a lie in. Breakfast was OK, no mushrooms with the full English though. The cold buffet was basic. It really just needs a re-vamp to make it more modern.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

My partner and I stayed here last night and we can honestly say we have never felt so comfortable.
The room was spacious, clean and bright.
We were made very welcome and really enjoyed ourselves.
We didn't want to come home........

Many thanks for making our stay so lovely.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan1883
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband and I stayed one night. The hotel was well located near to the NEC. The room was nicely decorated and a very comfortable bed so had a good night sleep. Lovely full English breakfast before leaving. Lovely gardens would certainly recommend for the price

Room Tip: Not very suitable for disable
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel prices are def good value with breakfast. The owners are very nice, polite and helpful.
The whole place is very dated and needs a slightly more updated feel. The bedroom is adequate and clean but i felt the towels had a musky smell to them.
The location is superb though.
For the money i would say the hotel is a 2plus star x

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cornwall
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

I had been to this hotel before about 50 years ago to my sisters wedding reception and when our friends from Australia booked it for a reunion with us I was looking forward to going back. We were met by the owners who seemed very friendly and he helped us with our cases to our room in the "attic" which on a first quick look seemed OK for a few days visit. We did not stay in the room for long as we had booked an early evening meal and a concert in Solihull nearby so we did not return to our room to unpack until late evening. The room had one small wardrobe filled halfway up with extra blankets so that even shirts could not hang correctly and no other cupboards or drawers other than one small bedroom table at the bedside. the door opened onto the bedside on the other side. Our clothes stayed in our suitcase. Our bed was very comfortable. The en suite was a total disaster having to swing yourself around the door to reach the toilet as the distance between the shower and the bathroom was minimal ( a size 6 might ). There were two light switches for the bathroom one in a normal place on the doorside and another above the door!!! both were needed for the light to be put on. As I had taken my go lf clubs my wife used a 3 wood to turn on the second switch!! The switches also operated the extractor fan which rattled like a washing machine full of marbles that stopped and started every other minute.
On the good side the owners were very pleasant and the breakfasts were very good and room for parking. Being an ex local and knowing the area very well this is very central for buses trains airport and only a short distance to Birmingham and Solihull. I am sure they have better bedrooms somewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Olton hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

My wife booked 2 rooms for her business trip at another hotel who on the weekend of the event cancelled, and passed her details to the Tudor Court. As we were away, she accepted their recommendation and booked 2 rooms. When we got home late Monday to find out the Tudor Court was not in the location she needed, we needed to cancel. Tuesday morning she emailed to cancel the booking and only then did the owner make her aware of his cancelation policy.

On the email that was used to book the reservation, nowhere whatsoever did it mention his cancellation policy. Only on his reply to her cancellation did he add his policy. He immediately took payment, and never sent a reply that he had taken the money, and never sent a receipt. It was only when the statement came thorough did we see he had taken payment.

On the phone to our query he was initially pleasant but became very unhelpful, rude, and disrespectful. All he kept saying was the booking.com cancellation policy, this reservation was made via another hotel passing on my wife's details, and at no point did he ever mention his cancellation policy.

We shall be contacting trading standards and the credit card company, as we have the email chain where the hotel never mentioned their policy's. The owner is only interested in taking money through deceitful means, not once did he mention payment was being taken, sent a receipt, or confirm if the rooms were re booked to someone else.

Premier inn allow cancellation up to 1pm on the day.

I would not recommend this hotel whatsoever!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Dexterwest
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

My wife and I were looking for a reasonably priced hotel near the NEC and this hotel did not disappoint. Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable and the bathroom en-suite totally satisfactory. We enjoyed a tasty full English breakfast in the morning. A good deal for £59 in my view. I left behind one of my mobile phones which the owners kindly sent on to me later. The only downside was a group of teachers (?) who shouted and laughed in the early hours, but that can happen almost anywhere.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olton
BEST WESTERN Westley Hotel
Premier Inn Solihull South (M42) Hotel
Crowne Plaza Solihull
Crowne Plaza Solihull
#10 of 25 in Solihull

Been to Tudor Court Hotel? Share your experiences!