“Amazing food”
Review of Panorama House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bulli Tops
Panorama House
Ranked #1 of 1 Bulli Tops B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I went to Panorama house with my partner for his birthday and had the most wonderful experience! We were seated right by the window - the view was spectacular. The service was great - we were attended to straight away and the staff were very professional. I LOVED the bread they serve it was AMAZING I can't stress this enough!! The food was beautiful - cooked to perfection we stuffed ourselves - and then had dessert! Thank you to the staff at Panorama for such an enjoyable experience - I have already booked my 30th birthday there and can't wait - wouldn't have my party anywhere else!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jda77

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I attended a wedding at Panorama and was overall really pleased with the venue, service and food. The Venue without a doubt is located overlooking the breathtaking view of the illawarra and the twinkling lights made amazing photos throughout the day and night. The food was amazing. The wedding choices picked by the bride and groom were great choice and extremly filling whilst also made you want more even though you were full. I have been to many weddings where a maccas run is gerenally required after the wedding but in this case it was fine dining with great portion sizes.
The staff had smiles on their faces and tried to accommodate everyone's needs at the table. We always had plenty of drinks on the table.
I Would recommend this venue.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank 811foodlover811
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I attended panorama house for dinner and was pleased with the food, service and venue. My fiancée and I attended dinner and then 3 weeks later returned to book our weeding for next year. We entered and were greeted by friendly staff who took us through to the breath taking view and gave us a beautiful seat by the window. The impeccable food reflected positiviely on the venue and was one of the key reasons behind why we chose panorama as our place to be wed. I am quite disappointed to see all these bad reviews on such a beautiful venue. I recommend panorama to others and would urge that readers use their own judgement to critique this venue rather than what others have to say and I hope that others view the venue and when pleased place a positive critique on this website to give the venue the justice it deserves.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank 320Nat123
Reviewed 17 January 2013

My fiancé and both our parents went for a taste testing tonight as we were thinking of booking panorama for our wedding... Let's just say I'm glad we went to try the food before a deposit was paid!! On arrival no one was there to greet us, finally we found a man dressed in shorts and a tshirt who told us where to sit, it then took 10 minuets for someone to come over n ask us for drinks, after that no one came over to explain anything they just bought out the entrees which were cold. We all then took one bite of the mains and almost gaged, my fiancé had bugs in his main meal, the food was horrible, the service was pathetic and unprofessional, the room smelt old and was dirty, the only good thing was the view, but the windows were dirty and rubbish was all over the grass, we left there very disappointed and hungry, I will never return or recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: January 2013
12  Thank Stephsaez
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Had my wifes 59th birthday at this restaurant on 10th Jan. Been numerous times with no problems until tonight. Place has been renovated with one large section reserved for receptions and another smaller section for the restaurant. Seems to me the reception room got the best deal for views. Should be the other way around. Started off bad when I asked for a coke [non drinker] and told their wasnt any. Ordered two serves of garlic bread, told each serve was 3 pieces. To their credit they gave us total of 8 pieces as were 4 of us so two each. Main meal, still waiting after 45 minutes of ordering so had to chase them up. Daughter ordered rack of lamb. Stated on menu you got 8 pieces. They delivered 6 pieces. Overhead table behind us have the same problem. Not hard to count to 8. Daughter politely brought it to waiters attention who said she would get the other two. Two more pieces duly arrived, seriously undercooked, in fact raw inside, inediable. Again waiter informed and told not to bring anymore. They offered free dessert platter, fair enough. They also offered my wife free glass of wine as was her birthday, nice touch. I found the background music annoying, one song sounded like a cat being strangled. Background music should be preferably instrumential and soft, and unintrusive. The food at this place is not cheap. Whilst our other meals were adequate in the quality department I thought my serve of chicken was rather stingy for the price. Overall I feel the wait staff did their best but were let down by the backroom staff. The chef in particular needs to learn how to count, and cook rack of lamb.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank philpara
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Ugh... where do I start??
I stayed in room 6.

-First of all, it was dark and dingy and had a very musty smell. Floor felt dirty, surfaces weren't cleaned well.

-The bedroom (2 single beds - there was also a double in the main area) had a window that was locked, and it lead to a storage type area, just full of junk! Someone was moving stuff around in there for hours, so noisy!

-The furniture was old and not in good condition, rubbish inside the wardrobe.

-The bathroom, had a 'sanitised' strip across the toilet as if it had been cleaned... but skid marks in the bowl! OMG YUCK!!

- The shower smelt of urine when I turned the taps on, I had to let it run for a while and tried to splash the water around to clean it. If we weren't going to a wedding (after driving 4 hours) I wouldn't have even had a shower in there at all!

-TV wasn't working at all. (blamed this on the digital switch over)

- we got an electric shock every time we touched the light switch in the bathroom! Had to use a plastic toy the kids had to turn the light on/off. SERIOUSLY!!!

-The windows/doors leading out of our room dont seal properly, wind blew all night.

-Kettle and base didn't even match, paper cups and plastic stirrers (all on a tiny little card table) no toaster or microwave or anything like that (which given that it's advertised as somewhere that caters for functions such as weddings, we expected it to have half decent rooms!) Not even enough power points to use the appliances there (which was only the bar-fridge, TV, kettle and heater)

The ONLY thing decent was the view!! Thats what gets my 1 rating.

I even noticed how disgusting the office was (where you book and pick up keys etc.) That should have been a clue on what we could expect from the room.

I've stayed in better caravans for a quarter of the price. I was extremely disappointed and would recommend you STAY ELSEWHERE!!

Room Tip: Just don't bother... stay somewhere else. A tent even!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
11  Thank Mel M
Reviewed 3 May 2012

The view was brilliant from room 4 & from the restaurant-better than Arthurs Seat on the Mornington Penisula in my opinion-the room was basic-paper cups,small old T.V. etc but for $90 per night what do people expect??
Being from Melbourne i was lucky enough to get a window seat with a lovely matre de & her sister who was a waitress that were both wonderful to both of us.We had Bruscetta & then the fish(Barrumundi) we had was beautiful & then a nice surprise-2 x spoons were placed down in front of us-we did not order dessert but they delivered 2 home made heart shaped icecreams with raspberry sauce-soooo yummy & we were soooo spoilt-fantastic service & an unexpected extra.The waitress explained that they had hairdryers,china cups etc but people stole them all the time so that is why the rooms are now so basic-what a shame! Being under the restaurant it was a little noisy trying to get to sleep but overall waking up to that view was worth it-fantastic!!!

Room Tip: Rooms 1-5 would keep you away from the function end of the establishment!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Wollongong Serviced Apartments
Headlands Austinmer Beach
Headlands Austinmer Beach
#1 of 1 in Austinmer

Been to Panorama House? Share your experiences!