“good location but soo expensive”

Golden View Serviced Apartments
Golden View Serviced Apartments
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“good location but soo expensive”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

stayed here for just 1 night during the busy public holiday in February. since I couldn't find a hotel for family I had to booked this place. based from previous reviews this place doesn't give me good feeling.
Booking was easy, made through phone call. We were given a 3-bedroom apartment, which in my opinion was too expensive at RM400/nite. if it is not public holiday then the rate is a bit lower but still high. Below is my review:
Apartment: Clean and comfortable, large hall. Balcony view is a quiet residential area. TV comes with Astro channels. There's free wifi with strong connection in the apartment.
Rooms: Beds and pillows are comfortable. But when we came, the bedsheets were crinkled and not folded in properly. There was a narrow built in closet to hang clothes.
Toilet: The master bedroom ensuite with toilet. The two bedrooms (double and single) share a common toilet outside. The toilet is clean.
Kitchen: Table too small to accommodate larger family. For the price we paid, I expect at least normal lipton/boh/nescafe etc tea but they provided unknown brands.
There are mugs, plates, spoon and forks provided.
Service: The receptionist and staff were quick to response to your request. One bad service was in the next morning when I asked to borrow an iron when the lady on the phone rudely said that no irons left and I should have asked for one when check-in. They should not put the problem on customer. Feeling unsatisfied, I called her back and quickly she told that her staff is sending the iron. So that was quick action.
Location: Not centrally located in Georgetown but this place is in good location. Near to feringghi, straits quay and gurney drive. Going around with car is no problem here. Parking is limited but we can park at the nearby houses. There was a guard patrolling.

Overall stay was okay and nice. But i felt my wallet hurt soo much since this place is a bit expensive. Its a bargain if the bill is shared within large family members or group of friends, but if you're the one who pays, find some other place.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank purplela7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Klang
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I so frustrated for the service

There are two women staff are very rude and does not respect the customers (one Indian and one old Chinese). When I check out, the Indian woman ask me for the receipt so that she can refund the deposit (it's RM100). Unfortunately I lost the receipt. She say I must see the manager to claim the deposit or the deposit will burn (this is very suck rule!). In that time I keep searching for it. About half an hour I spent the time for the receipt, it still cannot find. So I came back to the Indian woman, I do apologized her but she never looking on me and act like 'BENGANG'. I have no idea why she treat me like that! Then she ask the Chinese women my problem, in the same time, I also apologized her (she never ever looking on me) but the first word came out from her is 'SIGH'!...I dont know, where your respectful gone? And who do you think you are!???...
Is it worth what I paid?
*these two SUCK women are on night shift (9th - 10th Dec. 2011. It happened on Saturday morning)
**please more Muslim-friendly! there is no Qiblah direction

Room Tip: I dont recommend to anyone. they treat me like rubbish!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Haryth

Travellers are raving about these Tanjung Tokong hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I stayed at Golden View for one night at the end of December, 2010.

I found the service apartment via google and since there were no reviews at the time, decided to give it a shot. The email responses they provide are quite efficient, and I was able to book a room quite quickly.

The apartment is located a bit of a distance away from the heart of Georgetown, and since I was on a roadtrip and first time navigaing Penang (in the evening), we got rather lost. I cannot blame this on the service apartment, as the roads in Penang need some getting used to (there are many loops and one way roads, barriers etc). The fact that ths was out of the city center perhaps made it a bit more difficult. Though after getting lost, we came o know the area quite well.

As service apartment, it completely fails to meet even the minimum requirements of its name. This 'service apartment' does not have the regular kitchenette that one would expect from a service apartment. I felt rather ripped off, as their website clearly states that there is one. Their kitchenette ony consists of a sink, mini fridge and a microwave. I had booked a serice apartment because my original intent was to stay there for 4-5 days and cooking my own meals. That was completely out of the question. Not only wa there no stove, but no pots/pans/utensils/cutlery, etc.

The room itself was a disappointment. While the area of the room was very large, it was barren. The unit was a large bachelor unit (around700-800 square feet), but only had a small couch, a small round table and 3 chairs and a King bed. (I will try to post pictures).

The couch was sorry state, so much that I didn't want to sit in it. The trash bin, situated next to the 'kitchenette' sink, when I went to throw something out, was full! It wasn't even cleaned out. Very unappetizing and unappealing.

While the bed looked clean, I definfitely didn't feel clean sitting in it. I don't think that there were beg bug, as I didn't wake up with many bumps over my body but I did have a few red spots after climbing in. Subsequently, I wore my jeans and jacket before climbing in. I really did not want to spend the night there, but it was late (close to mignight) and we had arrived after a long drive from Kuala Lumpur.

The good thing about the place was that there is free wifi in the rooms. We used it to help us find another place in Penang, and we did. We stayed at Sunway Hote, Georgetown for the remainder of the time. I've also written a review about my stay there: http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowUserReviews-g298303-d307738-r109010153-Sunway_Hotel_Georgetown_Penang-Georgetown_Pulau_Penang_Penang.html

The bathroom was a normal standing shower with the regular toilet and sink. They did provide us with two bath towels and toilet paper, though.

They do provide free parking for guests, but the parking lotis very small, can hold only about 16 cars. There are lots ouside, but don't belong to the service apartment. Also, you rell do need a car to get around the area. There is a mall nearby with Macdonlads and KFC, but it's a 3 min drive away. There is also another strip of eateries a 5 min drive (in the oppositie direction) where you can find a few restaurants and road-side shops, hawker centers and the like - a very good expereince of what 'local' food and eating is like.

All in all, for 190 Malaysian Ringgit a night, it was just not worth it.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
G Hotel Kelawai
#12 of 84 in George Town
The Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences
PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia

Been to Golden View Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!