Ana Mandara Hue Beach Resort
US$94
Agoda.com
US$53
US$49
Banyan Tree Lang Co(Cu Du)
US$580
Hotels.com
Angsana Lang Co(Phu Loc)
US$230
All reviewsana mandara hueoutdoor showershuttle buspool villapool barseafooddeluxe roomlocal villagesea viewbeach resortfive starbuffet breakfastshuttle servicehuge bathroomturn down servicerestaurant staffroll top bath
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I was looking for a place for the final project meeting of our 5-year project that we had with the Hue Central Hospital. As a result, I was expecting a place where the meeting can be held in a formal setting but also in the most memorable environment and atmosphere. I wasn’t disappointed at all because Ana Mandara has it all. I stayed in a beachfront villa and it was fantastic! Staff was very helpful and professional that provided high quality services including food. Over the last 5 years I had been back and forth this city for many times and stayed in a couple of different hotels in Hue, so I regretted that I‘ve discovered Ana Mandara only on my last trip. I would highly recommend this place if you have a plan to visit Hue.

Room Tip: beach villa
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Vietnam-experience11
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The rooms and the whole resort looks amaing and fabulous at first but taking a look closely there are many places where improvements could be used. For example, the outside wood beach chairs were extremely dirty once I wiped it off with a towel, it turned black. They ran out of hot water after one person took a bath. What really ticked me off was that they were reusing the guest slippers, and they wreaked.... Staff were very hospitable and welcoming. Upgraded to a villa and listening to the waves was heavenly.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ManamiY
Garry S, General Manager at Ana Mandara Hue Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Thankyou very much for your comment. My name is Garry Snodgrass, General Manager of Ana Mandara Hue.
I am dismayed to receive your comment and would like to offer my sincerest apologies for any discomfort you experienced.
The reuse of slippers is totally unacceptable and not within our best practices. I have no idea why this happened and I assure you this is not usual practice.
We have a strong preventative maintenance program. Which includes outdoor furniture. Having received quiet a lot of rain lately. It appears we need to step up this procedure. Which we will.
To be brutally honest. The outdoor chairs maybe attractive and comfortable. But the timber is extremely high maintenance.
Again, please accept my sincerest apology, none of your issues should have happened and won't be repeated.
Thankyou for your compliment on our staff.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

Staff went all out to make our stay truly enjoyable despite poor weather due to a couple of days of non-stop rainfall. Luckily the weather changed on the final day enabling us to enjoy the excellent pool. We were upgraded to the Pool Villa (2 separate double bedrooms, lounge, walled garden and private pool) from the Beach bungalow and were blown away by the standard of the rooms which seemed to leave no level of detail unturned. The King bed overlooked a private pool which in turn fronted the sandy beach and breaking waves. Very cool walk-in shower (a further shower located outdoors) as well as luxurious separate tub and large flat screen TV in adjoining lounge area. Free Wi-Fi worked throughout the hotel very well.

In conclusion, this hotel is highly recommended for those seeking a very classy and special resort stay in an area with the many interesting historic sites of Hue.

Pros – Very attentive staff who could not have been more friendly and helpful. The design, upkeep and service levels of this resort were to the highest standards with seeming attention to the smallest detail. Of additional note was the quality of the dining. The chef prepared extremely tasty dishes (both Vietnamese cuisine as well as international), which made the hotel a good choice for dining rather than risk the potentially poorer quality, albeit less expensive options of Hue city. A pool table in an outdoor area adjacent to the bar / restaurant is a nice feature.

Cons – the distance from town can be a little off-putting, although the hotel puts on a fairly regular complimentary shuttle service that compensates. Also, it should be noted that some of the key walk thoroughfares, including the stairs from the reception area to the rooms, were inadequately protected from the rain which made for slippery going and getting wet! The beach area was going through some remedial shoring up work.

Room Tip: Definitely worth upgrading to rooms adjacent to the beach especially the Pool Villa (with private pool) or a beach bungalow. Try to avoid the rainy season between Oct and early January to get the most of the facilities during your stay.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Global_vagrant
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We stayed at Ana Mandara Hue for 3 nites in a beach villa facing the ocean which was so unreal and relaxed. Their buffet & a-la-carte b'fasts were fantastic & refreshing, excellent & professional services from all staff made you feel like welcome at all times. Their outdoor shower was sensational and memorable that you really enjoyed every minute of it !!! The airport transfers made it so convenient and special that I felt so relieved once arrived Hue.
One nite we have been playing pool even after the restaurant was closed, we can still see their security staff walking around the resort and we can easily see and walk back to our room. Even we had some rainy days but it never ruined my stay in this hotel, and still had a very good nite sleep. We will definitely stay longer at Ana Mandara Hue next time, this is the BEST RESORT we've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank S K
Reviewed 26 December 2011

We stayed for 2 nights in a beach villa looking out onto the ocean. The bathroom was amazing with an indoor and outdoor shower area and lovely free standing bath filled with rose petals. Everything was really well thought out including rainproof ponchos and umbrellas to ward off the rain. The staff were all incredibly helpful and so friendly. Great meal in the restaurant specialising in local cuisine. The only down point was the weather - rain rain rain! We have vowed to go again but at Easter time to get better weather.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple