Ana Mandara Hue Beach Resort
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsana mandara hueoutdoor showershuttle buspool villapool barseafooddeluxe roomlocal villagesea viewbeach resortfive starbuffet breakfastshuttle servicehuge bathroomturn down servicerestaurant staffroll top bath
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Hotel and beach were fantastic, the staff were wonderfull and made you feel very welcome. All rooms were lovely but the beach villas were wonderfull. We booked 163. Perfect. Just make sure you go in season otherwise you wont be able to enjoy it to the full. We went in jan n it was cold n wet. Still had a wonderfull experience

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Clarendave
Garry S, General Manager at Ana Mandara Hue Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Thankyou for your kind words. It's greatly appreciated. Same goes for all the other comments, including those who let us know how we can improve.
Weather is now improving and we're looking forward to the beautiful months to follow.
Thanks again

Reviewed 3 February 2012

This residence is 15 km out of Hue at the coast and it is definitely a lovely place. They style of the architecture is is quite austere in black and dark tones of stone, free flowing waters and well appointed and spacious apartments and villas view sea views, the bathrooms merit a note for their exquisite finishings and the outdoor tropical showers amongst a private little garden!
Staff are numerous and try very hard to be helpful even though their English is sometimes quite limited and communication can be difficult.
We stayed for 10 days ( unfortunately mostly in the rain) so had time to sample both reataurants' menus, in general food is excellent but quality of preparation can be inconsistent from one day to the next which can be disappointing.
We asked personnel to organise a cooking course for us which was definitely a highlight and good value for money, even our little 6 year old was entertained and encouraged to get stuck in.
In the sun this place must be magical the rain put a damp on our experience but we made the most of the time in very confortable and spacious accommodation.
Chech the weather forecasr is my advice, it does rain a lot in winter!

Room Tip: good for couples or small families
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank BBES
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a beachfront villa. Superb room, very spacious with a domed ornate ceiling above the very comfortable bed. The dark wooden flooring added to the oriental ambience. Large bathroom with shower and claw foot bath. Glass doors opened up from the bathroom area to a private garden with outdoor shower which was fantastic. Always plenty of really hot water. At the front of the villa we had a terrace with loungers and chairs looking over the beach. The pool area was lovely with comfortable loungers and soft white towels but the weather was not good enough to use it. Would have been good to have a heated pool as this area of Vietnam obviously suffers bad weather frequently.
The hotel was by no means full during our stay but the first morning at breakfast can only be described as a mellee. Guests were crowding round the egg station and ordering out of turn. Children were runnung around the restaurant and climbing on the furniture unchecked by parents or staff. Hardly the relaxing experience we were expecting from a spa hotel. The hotel is very remote which is not necessarily a bad thing and if the weather had een better we would have been content to relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings of the hotel grounds and the beach but it just wasn't warm enough to do this. We did make use of the complimentary cycles provided by the hotel to explore the village and all the local residents said hello as we rode along the bumpy roads. The hotel provides a free shuttle to and from Hue several times a day but the 25 minute journey was getting quite wearing towards the end of our stay. We didn't find anywhere near the hotel to eat in the evenings so unless went into the city the only choice was the hotel. We had dinner there twice and the food was ok but no ambiance in either restaurant and on our last evening we were the only guests dining there. All the staff were attentive and tried to please but we did have a communication problem as we speak no Vietnamese and they spoke little English.
If you are looking for a relaxing break in luxurious surroundings and don;t mind being remote I would definitely recommend Ana Mandara. We enjoyed our stay despite a few negative issues.

Room Tip: beach front villas are pure luxury
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank york1
Garry S, General Manager at Ana Mandara Hue Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Thankyou very much for your comments. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your visit and our wonderful villas. With regards to the disruption at breakfast I am sincerely sorry. I sympathize and also noticed unsupervised children running around. During your stay we had a group of families visit. Which was a first for us.
In future we will definitely ensure such disruption is not tolerated.
Breakfast is a time of day which should be calm, relaxed to begin the day.
Like all of Central and Northern Vietnam. We experience winter. Nothing like Europe, but not exactly sunbaking weather. During Winter the beach, lagoon side and lagoon cruise restaurants go into hibernation. They will be opening in the coming weeks and will be bustling in no time.
Where we are located is one of the charms. We are amongst a living breathing fishing village. No souvenir shops, discos or hawkers. Just friendly, curious locals and kids who want to practice English.
Thanks again. Your feedback is an invaluable source of information.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

I was looking for a place for the final project meeting of our 5-year project that we had with the Hue Central Hospital. As a result, I was expecting a place where the meeting can be held in a formal setting but also in the most memorable environment and atmosphere. I wasn’t disappointed at all because Ana Mandara has it all. I stayed in a beachfront villa and it was fantastic! Staff was very helpful and professional that provided high quality services including food. Over the last 5 years I had been back and forth this city for many times and stayed in a couple of different hotels in Hue, so I regretted that I‘ve discovered Ana Mandara only on my last trip. I would highly recommend this place if you have a plan to visit Hue.

Room Tip: beach villa
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Vietnam-experience11
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The rooms and the whole resort looks amaing and fabulous at first but taking a look closely there are many places where improvements could be used. For example, the outside wood beach chairs were extremely dirty once I wiped it off with a towel, it turned black. They ran out of hot water after one person took a bath. What really ticked me off was that they were reusing the guest slippers, and they wreaked.... Staff were very hospitable and welcoming. Upgraded to a villa and listening to the waves was heavenly.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ManamiY
Garry S, General Manager at Ana Mandara Hue Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Thankyou very much for your comment. My name is Garry Snodgrass, General Manager of Ana Mandara Hue.
I am dismayed to receive your comment and would like to offer my sincerest apologies for any discomfort you experienced.
The reuse of slippers is totally unacceptable and not within our best practices. I have no idea why this happened and I assure you this is not usual practice.
We have a strong preventative maintenance program. Which includes outdoor furniture. Having received quiet a lot of rain lately. It appears we need to step up this procedure. Which we will.
To be brutally honest. The outdoor chairs maybe attractive and comfortable. But the timber is extremely high maintenance.
Again, please accept my sincerest apology, none of your issues should have happened and won't be repeated.
Thankyou for your compliment on our staff.