Leicester Marriott Hotel
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$77
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Leicester Fosse Park Hotel(Leicester)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$78
US$54
Travelodge
Days Inn Leicester Forest East M1(Leicester)(Great Value!)
US$53
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,137 results
All reviewsbusiness parkexec loungepizza hutsauna and steam roomleisure facilitiesan excellent hotelgreat facilitiesfosse parkchanging roomstwo double bedsgood sizebusiness meetingexcellent staywi ficar parkreception staffreception area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This hotel is out of town on a business park and although there is a retail park nearby with a supermarket and other shops, a car is essential. My satnav couldn't find it, even though I could see it.

The staff were very polite and helpful and there was no delay in checking in to my pre-booked room. I was offered help with my luggage, which, although I did not accept it, I thought was fitting for a good quality hotel.

The room, which was well fitted out with good storage and a sitting space, was on the third floor and was situated on the corner, so it had two nice windows, giving a view of the car park and the road beyond!!!! The beds were beautifully comfortable and the bathroom immaculate. The in-room safe actually worked and the TV had a good range of channels.

The hospitality tray was clever in that they supplied take-away cups with lids along with the usual mugs. However, for two people two sachets of coffee and two sachets of de-caf coffee is totally inadequate, more is supplied in a Premier Inn!!

We ordered room service on both nights of our stay and were very pleased with both the quality and quantity of the food.

My companion and others of the group I was with had breakfast and were very satisfied with both the quality and range of items on offer.

Room Tip: The corridors are very quiet, I think they are sound-proofed, so a room on either wing would be good. Try not to have a room in the central area above the bar and reception.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have just spent 5 nights at the Marriott Leicester. On the second night with colleagues I had an unfortunate time in the restaurant. I think this was due to them being very busy with a large function but there is really no excuse in a hotel of this standard. However the Food and Beverage Manager went out of his way to make amends and I came away feeling valued as a customer.

I find this hotel, and its staff, welcoming and comfortable with good facilities and have no complaints. A couple of things I think they should review are firstly the cost of providing wifi, which in this day and age is excessive, and the Executive Lounge which in decor is not up to the standard of the hotel in my opinion. I also think the hotel should take a tip from competng hotels and have a dedicated kitchen staff member to cook eggs to order at breakfast (They do cook eggs to order but the (single) chef also appears to do everything else as well, so there can be delays while he is preparing more complicated a la carte options.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Came back here yesterday from a surprise birthday night away. Wanted to try somewhere different as we've been to other hotels in Leicester(e.g. Holiday Inn , Premier Inn) and I wasn't sure what to expect. Let me just say we had a fantastic time from entering on Saturday afternoon to leaving on Sunday morning . Upon entering the Marriott you can not help but wonder at the spectacular enterence ,which was glass fronted (It was beautiful). My partner booked in, which was quick with very polite staff. The room, on the 5 th floor, was lovely with a big king size bed. The bathroom was fantastic( sorry I'm not one for checking behind the toilet for cleanness) with big fluffy white towels. We enjoyed the sauna, steam room and swimming pool ( there again the staff was very cheerful and friendly) and after a trip into Hinckley for an evening meal we returned to enjoy a drink ( only complaint, £3. 85 for a hot chocolate! ). After retiring for the night we enjoyed the most peaceful nights sleep ever ( even though the M 1 was near by ). I saw family's ( oh no visions of kids running around ) but the children were so well behaved it was great. Breakfast the next day could not be bettered . Again the staff were polite and cheerful. The choice was huge , weather you wanted cereal or a fried breakfast ( the chef even cooked our fry eggs fresh in front of us so they hadn't been sitting around for a long time). Over all a lovely relaxing experience . We left here totally relaxed after a fantastic time.( would give it a 10 out of 10 if i could)

Room Tip: Dont know about the other rooms but we never heard any traffic during our whole stay even though the M1 is close by.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We were looking for a hotel in Leicester so that we could combine an overnight stay with another event. We’d stayed at this hotel chain before, so decided to give it a go.

Location:

On the M1 junction 21 to Leicester, officially the map says the area is classed as Enderby, but the hotel is in a business park so a car is essential.

Rooms:

We opted for a standard room, so not much to report other than the standard “corporate” Marriott feel.

The room was slightly larger than other Marriott’s I have stayed in previously, but had a small window, which did make it a little gloomy.

Our room was on the 5th floor on the link corridor between the two wings of the hotel, not the best of locations if you want it quiet. But most of the guests did respect that when coming back to rooms late at night.

Pool:

The pool was a reasonable size; but there was very little space on the sides to sit if you did not want to swim. Also there was only a limited number of chairs and loungers on the side of the pool.

Friday afternoon seemed to be children’s swim club, so best to check before staying if you want a quiet break.

Restaurant:

We used the onsite restaurant on the Friday evening. Really good quality food,but prices average for a chain hotel. We both had soup for starter, and there was so much, we were full by the end of it.

Breakfast was in the same location, really good spread and I would challenge anyone to say a bad word about this.

Bars:

The bar was in the reception area right next to the entrance hall, this made if very cold when guests were arriving as all of the heat escaped.

Good table service and reasonable hotel prices however, and a good choice of drinks to suit everyone’s taste.

General Areas:

All aspects of the hotel were very well maintained.

Staff:

Very friendly and always happy to please.

Non hotel observations:

Take a trip into Leicester one evening to a different restaurant; we went to Mem Saab in the Highcross Centre, really good Indian food.

Room Tip: Ask for one looking out from either side of the hotel, not into the atrium. Avoid rooms on the link corridor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Set away in a nice quiet area its a business hub for all business men and woman. Free wi fi in reception. On arrival there is an extremely warm welcoming atmosphere and the staff are 1st class. Checked in no problems and the rooms are comfortable and relaxing. The restaurants are clean efficient and the food is great. Brilliance in one word.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business