“Lovely room and excellent service”

Leicester Marriott Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Enderby
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed for one night with husband, son and two granddaughters. We had two connecting rooms, one king and one double-double, both were a good size as were the bathrooms, they were very clean and comfortable and had the required fridge ( granddaughter has food allergies and we need to travel with her own foods). Every single member of staff from reception, bar, swimming pool were excellent, very helpful and professional. Parking was £2.50 for the day and there are plenty of spaces right outside the entrance. Would have liked a magnifying mirror in the bathroom though.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed 1 night and it was well worth it. I have had business meetings here but never stayed the night or eaten in the restaurant.
Location - Perfect just off M1

Parking - Lots but expensive

Reception and Service - Great! Professional, polite and fast

Room - clean and welcoming.

We recommend for a short stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We went to the Marriott for lunch one afternoon as it is close to where i work. Big mistake!! Only had an hour to spare so we thought we would have a hot drink and some bar snacks. As soon as we got there, we asked the waiter how quick the food would arrive and he said bar snacks arrive pretty quickly. I specifically asked him how long nachos would take, as I was thinking of ordering it, and he advised 10 minutes. There are also times displayed on the menu, so you have an idea of how long you will be waiting for your food for.

The lobby area was completely full so we could not sit there. We were therefore seated in the formal dining area. You would expect the waiter to come and get your drink order a few minutes after you are seated, but we were waiting at least 10 minutes before the waiter came, despite trying to get his attention! Ordered two portions of nachos at the same time. 20 minutes gone - we were still waiting. Asked the waiter and he said he just put our order in!!!! Im sure the waiter could clearly see we were in a hurry from the beginning!

The nachos arrived 12 minutes before we had to leave!! We asked for a doggie bag and we were told they did not allow guests to take hot food outside. Completely unacceptable. I will not scoff my food down in 12 minutes and then pay for it! So after speaking to the manager. we were given sandwich boxes to put our nachos in!!! What a joke!

Will not be going there again!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I will preface my comments by saying that, as you walk in, you find a smart, stylish hotel with an impressive atrium flooding the main public area with natural light - so far, so good.
How you are received makes an immediate impression.
Here, although courteous and prompt, the experience was not what it should be.
I was issued with a single room access card key - even though my wife checked in with me.
Problem One: When we reached our room on the third floor, this single card key would not work. Back down to reception. Not what you need after a difficult journey delayed by road closures. Reception was busy and so I had to wait. Not good. My card was 're-programmed' and a second issued at my request. Back up to room - success. There are certain basics that one has come to expect and the large, comfortable (and very clean) room was what one hoped to see.
After unpacking, like many these days, whether on business or not, I like to check my emails.
Problem Two: I quickly discovered that I was expected to pay £6 per hour to do so - yes £6
to do this in my room! Public areas are free.
As I said, there are certain basics in a modern large hotel that one has come to expect and surely free web access is one of them, especially given the cost per room demanded here in the UK compared with room rates in other countries.
Problem Three: Breakfast is a difficult service to provide well. The Leicester Marriott almost achieves full marks. Wide choice and good quality, and so it should be - we pay well for it.

I say almost because - if my morning was typical - and you wanted an egg other than scrambled, then you had to be patient. So patient that the rest of the food on your plate that you have already selected will go cold whilst you stand in the line. The unfortunate girl on duty on my day was doing her best. But a system where eggs are cooked to order when the restaurant is full and only one member of staff is available to cook them is not a good one.

The Hotel was generally good. But I wish that senior managers - and junior staff as well really - would place themselves as though they were guests. Sample their 'product' - from start to finish. In fact the ideal would be for all staff to be hosted for one night as guests and then so many of these trifling difficulties would become obvious. It is such a shame when a Hotel such as this, and the Leicester Marriott is not alone in suffering the 'untested syndrome', should
suffer from such shortfalls. When so many have tried - and are trying - to provide an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My partner and i stayed here for a weekend as part of a celebration. Upon arrival staff were very friendly and remained helpful throughout. The food was gorgeous and nicely prepared. The room was very spacious and clean. We had a great stay and would return.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We spent a lovely night here. It was a real pleasure, we felt rested. The staff were attentive, polite and helpful. The hotel was clean, comfortable and we felt that we had been taken care of. Booking here is a great idea and great value. Room service, on time and tasty. Services very good, forgot my swimming costume and was able to find one, in the hotel shop. Like it.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Lovely Saturday night stop over with 2 children. Pool and gym were spotless. The room was very nice, spacious, clean and with 2 double beds (not the sofa beds you often get in family rooms). The breakfast was first class. very relaxed atmosphere and no rush to check out. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enderby
Hilton Leicester
Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel
Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre
1 mi away
Premier Inn Leicester (Braunstone) Hotel

Been to Leicester Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!