“Excellent service. Looked after very well”

Leicester Marriott Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Enderby
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Excellent service. Looked after very well”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I thought its only right to comment on the excellent service I've experienced to date at this hote. Especially from a member of staff called Adi. I think his full name is Aditya on his badge but not sure if spelt correctly. I stay here once a week on average for business and he always makes it a pleasant and welcoming stay, very professional and remembers me and what I like, even how I have my steak. If you have to stay away from home due to work its always nice to stay somewhere with great staff like they have here, Adi takes care of me every time and it's very appreciated, hopefully he's here every time I stay, great staff make a huge difference. Dwight Jones

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Hebrew first
Leicestershire
Reviewed 13 April 2014

As quite a large family we have often struggled to get together for a decent meal on a Sunday to celebrate various functions but we have finally found the answer. The Leicester Marriott was excellent. We were meeting family from Cardiff and Sheffield so Leicester seemed like a good point to meet. Recommended by a friend we had not been there since not long after it opened for a Christmas event which was a good night and an excellent stay but we hadn't considered it for a Sunday Lunch. We were greeted at the door and relaxed in the atrium with a drink then shown to our table in the restaurant. Really enjoyed the meal as did our 2 young children. Afterwards we relaxed in a side room and the staff were so very helpful. It was the attention to detail, attentiveness that made this a perfect day. The gentleman that looked after us, Stephen, was fantastic as were the rest of his team.

Room Tip: Sorry we only stayed for lunch on this occasion
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Birmingham
Reviewed 13 April 2014

On checking in I had asked for a high floor quiet room away from the lifts. Top,floor was allocated, but reception staff said if there were any problems we could change. When we got to the room there was a lot of noise from the plant above the room, so we asked for a quieter room. This was done straight away and second room was a lot quieter. Hotel was clean and staff fairly helpful. Beds were very comfortable. Excellent for an overnight stay if visiting Leicester.

Room Tip: Don't ah be a room on the top floor. Ask for a room not facing the motorway or dual carriageway.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Workington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This was my third stay in this hotel and the staff are very friendly and efficient; the hotel was ideally located for my trip and in the past, I have found the rooms to be very comfortable too. This visit was a little disappointing though as the 'once comfortable' bed was no longer so. I think it is perhaps time to upgrade some of the beds as they seem to have become uncomfortable and did not provide the 'good night's sleep' I had grown accustomed to during previous stays. Perhaps the previous occupant had been a white rhino, or left tackle for the giants but the bed had 'hollows' in it that made sleeping comfortably a somewhat difficult 'task'.

Room Tip: Ask for a 'recently added' bed!
United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

After over 100 stays this hotel still remains a pleasure to visit. Nice quality rooms, with friendly and helpful staff. Special thanks to Terry either in the lounge or at the Concierge desk, always helpful and focused on making your stay comfortable.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I had to pay top rate for an executive room which seemed to be the same as the normal room I stayed in the night before at the Marriott Huntingdon no robe or slippers just internet and a beer in the lounge. The first room I was given had a loud hum outside so I explained I sleep light and I was moved to a room that seemed fine until the hotels heating system kicked in which had the vents on the roof. I had three hours sleep thank goodness just one night. Check the bill I came in a coach and left in a taxi but £5 on the bill for parking (it was removed). The staff are nice and friendly food and leisure excellent. Still waiting for the wake up call I booked and the staff don't know how far they are from the town center in a taxi. Also why are the drinks 55pence more expensive than the Marriott in Huntingdon?

Room Tip: Try a room at the front of the hotel or another Hotel
1 Thank Martin G
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The staff were really friendly, helpful and gave a really good welcome to the hotel. I was there on business and the room was adequate, clean and equipped with everything one would need. Still trying to work out why they had to bring additional things after I had checked in at 9.00pm such as robe, water etc surely would have been easier to put in the room beforehand? Baffled by the minibar - what is the point of having it completely empty? Not that this was because I had an urge to consume alcohol but usually in Marriott hotels there is at least soft drinks/water etc, and sometimes as a lone traveller you don't want to go and sit in a bar by yourself simply to have a coke! The Executive lounge was excellent and wifi access was good. Woken up at an early hour by having to listen to the housekeeping staff and their rather loud conversation whilst getting their equipment out of their storeroom opposite mine, just minor things but a bit annoying.Ok for business trips if you don't want to stay in the centre of Leicester and good links to motorway. On balance this would not be my first choice on my next visit.

1 Thank Sarah B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enderby
Hilton Leicester
College Court Hotel
College Court Hotel
#8 of 40 in Leicester
Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel

Been to Leicester Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!