“Great staff!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Great staff!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I've stayed here for some time for work and there's great facilities, especially the gym and pool. The staff have made all the difference though. I've got a nut allergy and usually feel a bit embarrassed asking since I don't like kicking up a fuss. The restaurant team have been brilliant though, especially on buffet nights where they've guided me so I can ask about individual items. It's never felt like an issue here, and now they remember I have an allergy, it's not always me who brings it up.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Hebrew first
Woking
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Don't be deceived by the drive onto a business park, this hotel is a whole lot nicer inside than you would expect. The warm, efficient welcome from the reception staff more than make up for the lack of a view from the bedroom window. I stayed here for a conference & ball, and found the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The food was good. (The only faults I could find were with the bar staff, who could perhaps benefit from a little more training, and the bar stock, no Smirnoff available - despite 20+ bottles being on display, and when ordering a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc I was given Chardonnay and when I queried this I was told that they are both white wine so what was the problem!) The rooms were spacious and very well equipped, they were spotlessly clean and the beds really comfortable, which led to an excellent nights sleep. Would definitely return if I was in the area - very convenient location just off the M1.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I thought its only right to comment on the excellent service I've experienced to date at this hote. Especially from a member of staff called Adi. I think his full name is Aditya on his badge but not sure if spelt correctly. I stay here once a week on average for business and he always makes it a pleasant and welcoming stay, very professional and remembers me and what I like, even how I have my steak. If you have to stay away from home due to work its always nice to stay somewhere with great staff like they have here, Adi takes care of me every time and it's very appreciated, hopefully he's here every time I stay, great staff make a huge difference. Dwight Jones

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Leicestershire
Reviewed 13 April 2014

As quite a large family we have often struggled to get together for a decent meal on a Sunday to celebrate various functions but we have finally found the answer. The Leicester Marriott was excellent. We were meeting family from Cardiff and Sheffield so Leicester seemed like a good point to meet. Recommended by a friend we had not been there since not long after it opened for a Christmas event which was a good night and an excellent stay but we hadn't considered it for a Sunday Lunch. We were greeted at the door and relaxed in the atrium with a drink then shown to our table in the restaurant. Really enjoyed the meal as did our 2 young children. Afterwards we relaxed in a side room and the staff were so very helpful. It was the attention to detail, attentiveness that made this a perfect day. The gentleman that looked after us, Stephen, was fantastic as were the rest of his team.

Room Tip: Sorry we only stayed for lunch on this occasion
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Birmingham
Reviewed 13 April 2014

On checking in I had asked for a high floor quiet room away from the lifts. Top,floor was allocated, but reception staff said if there were any problems we could change. When we got to the room there was a lot of noise from the plant above the room, so we asked for a quieter room. This was done straight away and second room was a lot quieter. Hotel was clean and staff fairly helpful. Beds were very comfortable. Excellent for an overnight stay if visiting Leicester.

Room Tip: Don't ah be a room on the top floor. Ask for a room not facing the motorway or dual carriageway.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Workington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This was my third stay in this hotel and the staff are very friendly and efficient; the hotel was ideally located for my trip and in the past, I have found the rooms to be very comfortable too. This visit was a little disappointing though as the 'once comfortable' bed was no longer so. I think it is perhaps time to upgrade some of the beds as they seem to have become uncomfortable and did not provide the 'good night's sleep' I had grown accustomed to during previous stays. Perhaps the previous occupant had been a white rhino, or left tackle for the giants but the bed had 'hollows' in it that made sleeping comfortably a somewhat difficult 'task'.

Room Tip: Ask for a 'recently added' bed!
United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

After over 100 stays this hotel still remains a pleasure to visit. Nice quality rooms, with friendly and helpful staff. Special thanks to Terry either in the lounge or at the Concierge desk, always helpful and focused on making your stay comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enderby
Hilton Leicester
College Court Hotel
#7 of 40 in Leicester
Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel
Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre

Been to Leicester Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!