“Nice hotel, a few areas for improvement”

Leicester Marriott Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Enderby
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at this property for two weeks during a work trip. The staff was accommodating in allowing me and my party to check in early. The hotel was clean and well kept, and the rooms were nicely furnished. The lobby was comfortable and service was good.

There were a few shortcomings to this property that came to mind. I stayed in two different rooms over the duration of my stay, and the air conditioners were only average and sometimes didn't cool adequately, even if turned to the lowest setting. This was something noticed by me and other colleagues. The executive lounge was quite poor compared to executive lounges of other international Marriott properties. The selection of beverages was minimal, as was the food selection.

The location of the hotel was good, although getting a taxi can take 15 - 30 minutes, as there is not a taxi stand at the hotel. Overall it was a good property that executed well and I would stay at again if visiting the area.

Room Tip: Get a room that has an exterior window, rather than one that overlooks the lobby atrium
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Leicester_Marriott, Manager at Leicester Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback related to you recent stay at Leicester Marriott Hotel.

I am pleased to read your comment about the overall experience. I have taken note of your feedback about the Executive lounge, Air condition and Taxi and will discuss your feedback with the appropriate department managers.

We look forward to welcome you soon.

Sincerely
Naleem Ariff
Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,112)

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is all you would expect from the high class Marriott chain it's every bit as good outside as it is inside with the lobby being the centrepiece with its ambient lighting and luxurious feel and at Xmas it looks fantastic with its huge tree and festive feel excellent

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank James E
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We made use of the family stay, play explore £109 for family of 4, breakfast and entry into 3 local attractions.

The hotel is situated on business park near to the Fosse shopping park. It was a little difficult to find at first..... Excellent hotel, very friendly staff, pool, gym etc. Breakfast was great. No complaints

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The hotel is purposely built and very modern. Service here is 2nd to none! Manager and staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Particularly like like the Gym and swimming pool, very clean and well maintained! Always my favourite place to stay in Leicester!

Room Tip: Ask for the out-facing rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My husband had booked the marriott for our wedding night hotel and called them beforehand to ask if they could put petals around the room to decorate etc which they said yes to. we were disappointed to arrive to see that this had not been done. When called reception to tell them they offered us 2 complimentary cocktails as an apology.

The rest of the stay was pleasant enough. Rooms spacious and comfortable. We ordered breakfast to our room for a surcharge of 3.50 which was lovely.

Overall a peasant stay

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Nice, comfortable hotel. Spacious, well-appointed rooms, friendly polite staff. All of these are to be expected when paying £120+ per night. However, there are three issues I had with my stay :
1) I approached the front desk at about 5:30 in the evening and enquired if there was any rooms available. The man on the desk told me they were no longer selling rooms for that evening. I returned to my car, went to the Marriott web site on my phone and booked a room. I then went back in to check-in! Why couldn't I have bought a room at the desk there and then?
2) Residents are charged for parking! Having already paid a fair amount for the room, plus the extras(room service, drinks at the bar), the hotel still wanted to eek even more money out of me by charging £5 per day for parking.This is inexcusable, particularly as there is no real alternative location to park the car.
3)Probably the biggest bug bear is the unbelievably extortionate price of the in-room wifi - £15 for 24 hours. Just to provide a comparison - Premier Inn offer 7 days wifi for £10 (and free parking). Even the £40/night B&B I stayed at the week before had free parking and free in-room wifi). You can go to the lobby to take advantage of the free wifi, which I suspect is all part of the plan to get the punters spending money at the bar. Interestingly mobile reception in the rooms was very poor so I couldn't tether to my phone to get internet access (the cynic in me thinks this may be a deliberate ploy as well!)

I would have given more stars if it wasn't for the parking and wifi charges, and those two things would definitely prevent me from staying again as although comfortable, spacious rooms are nice, unnecessary and extortionate charges for essential services more than negate that.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank John R
Reviewed 20 July 2014

It's a relatively new hotel on the outskirts of Leicester. Getting to the hotel was a bit tricky from the M1, A5460 and onto A563. Instead use Francis Way, LE19 1SH in SatNav's.

Parking is £5 for 24 hours and operated via a ticket and barrier system.

Comfortable rooms with AC, ironing facilities, desk and couch, and well insulated - so no disturbance from traffic on nearby roads.

Lovely ambiance in the open foyer area and staff were pleasant throughout. Aside from a few rowdy wedding guests, the overall stay was excellent. All typical Marriott standards that you come to expect.

Room Tip: Request a high floor, facing the rear (not the car park).
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ISSAT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enderby
Hilton Leicester
Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel
1 mi away
Premier Inn Leicester (Braunstone) Hotel
Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre

Been to Leicester Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!