“Not many places to stay around here-this was fine”
Review of Olden Fjordhotel

and 1 more site!
Olden Fjordhotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Olden
York, Pennsylvania
“Not many places to stay around here-this was fine”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Although the younger travelers with us thought this place was too "old" (as in operated by old people and old style furnishings) it was clean and fine. It was mostly patronized by old folks as well. We ended up having a buffet dinner there as well, which was fine. The view was beautiful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank thelobachs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

The location is nice, but basing on the price I would have expected something more. The hotel is normal. The rooms even though they are sold as "fjord view" they are not, or at least not all of them. Indeed some have a partial view due to other parts of the structure which obscure the view. It doesn't mean you shouldn't go, as said before the place is nice and the hotel really clean. Just keep note of the points mentioned above.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Fede_Ita
Asker, Norway
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Great place to stay, the staff gave us information about places to go and things to do.
They told us about local information and served really good food.
Briksdal glacier and Skåla/Kloumanns tower are nice places to visit.
The walk from the hotel to the village is nice(10min), and we often stopped at "Mølla" to have something to drink.Looking forward to go back there next time.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better sunset
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Big, bright and clean rooms with balcony overlooking the beautiful fjord.
Had an excellent three course dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant which had the same stunning view.
Friendly staff and great value for the money, will definitely be back 

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Recently toured Norway as a first time visitor. Planned a route from Bergen to Trondeim pre-booking hotels before we left home.
Sent email to all the hotels two weeks before leaving asking whether bookings were all OK and mentioning that as we were driving it was possible that we might arrive after 18.00.
It seems rooms might be released after this time.
Every Hotel replied welcoming us and offering all sorts of websites for us to view.
This Hotel sent a really snotty reply indicating that they needed Credit Card details to hold the room after 18.00. Found out this was sent by the manager.
Also they could not guarantee a fjord view room unless we paid an extra 100Kr per person.

I replied asking how I could give them my details as I did not want to use email. I did not get a reply.

So I phoned two days before my departure to Norway and spoke with a very friendly lady who took my details and gave me some re-assurance on the type of room we would get.

When we arrived, I think, we were greeted by the same lady. It was after 18.00 but only 3 other cars in the car park - so not really sure why the original snotty email.

So we enter the room and upon opening the bathroom door there was an awful smell from the toilet.
We mentioned this and were allocated the room next door - a little better - but obviously used the same pipe work.
So we agree to keep the room - it had a lovely view and was clean otherwise.

We had a very nice evening meal - although a little expensive for three courses.

Next morning we arrive for breakfast. Only one other table was taken.

I was then accused of making a packed lunch because I had my backpack open and a serviette covering my bread and cheese.
I mentioned the back pack contained my vital possessions (i.e. passport) and also maps so that my wife and I could decide which route to take during the day.
The serviette was placed to keep the numerous flies away which seemed to take a liking for the cheese.
But the manager was having none of this and really spoiled our stay.

Nothing was said the previous evening when I had my backpack and was paying 350kr per person for a main course.

Not sure why the hotel did not have more guests as well.. As I mentioned before only 4 cars in the car park over-night.

The manager drives a large german car whose number plate ends in "666". Suspicious !!!!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel. Drive a little further. There are better.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Alan K

Travellers are raving about these Olden hotels

oxford
Reviewed 24 July 2012

A really lovely family run hotel with stunning views, rooms are spacious with a lovely balcony.
Dinner was above average for Norway, breakfast was adequate.

The rooms and the view are the best thing about the hotel

Room Tip: room with a balcony
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olden
Stryn Hotel
#2 of 7 in Voss Municipality
Hotel Geiranger
Hotel Geiranger
#3 of 4 in Geiranger

Been to Olden Fjordhotel? Share your experiences!