“A great find for dog lovers”
Review of black cock inn

black cock inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Falstone
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Http://blackcockinn.co.uk/
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed at this pub recently for a mid week break. All I can say is that I have to disagree with some of the other reviewers who complained about the food. We found it to be of very good quality and reasonably priced. The staff couldn't have been more helpful if they'd tried. The room was a littleon the small side but was very clean and comfortable. If you have a dog and want a break in this area then I would unreservedly recommend this hotel to you.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I have eaten and drunk at this pub for years and always had a great experience. But the last time I called in for a pint and a meal I found it was mediocre food ( had always been good pub grub) staff were friendly but beer and I use the word food lightly was not good. Hoping this is a one off but fearing the worst , please try harder! Its a good little pub!

1  Thank birdman95
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed two days to tour local area. Concur with the general opinion that the menu is overpriced for the choice offered and the quality of the cooking. Rooms very clean if small; bar area cozy and if you like dogs, very friendly.
Am at something of a loss to work out how it qualifies for the various awards. Not upto the standard I expected but quite adequate of its type.

Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Visited for Sunday lunch last year and was disappointed with the slow service and distinctly average food then. Decided to give it a second chance and stay with family in January 2014. Last minute change of circumstances forced a cancellation on the Sunday at 1230pm. We were staying Wednesday for 2 nights. The male owner agreed not to charge us a cancellation fee as we were arguably outside the 3 day cancellation period still. A bill duly arrived shortly after showing I had been debited £120 after all.

There is no clear distinction when this "3 day" period commences from.

I rang the pub back and spoke with the female owner who incredibly dismissive and unhelpful. She couldn't state when the 3 day cancellation period commences from (check in is 3pm after all). We fell victim to a very unfair way of still making money at our expense.

You have been warned, we will never return to this pub and as regular visitors to Kielder will simply stay elsewhere. There are many other choices nearby.

3  Thank lljg2488
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Had a one night stay in the family room. Room ok but only one channel on TV available. However, paper etc available for kids. Beds comfortable. Menu overpriced and under-rated, not restaurant quality. Very long wait of 1.30 hours. Kids menu very poor and very unhealthy. Staff were pleasant and welcoming. Waitress star of the show. Ideal doggy hotel but if you dont like dogs, think again.