“Lake Como Jewel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blevio
Atlanta, Georgia
“Lake Como Jewel”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We have just returned from our trip to Milan and Lake Como. This was our first visit to this property. We will return.

The staff were exceptionally accomodating. In particular, the valet and restaurant staff were extremely attentive. While the restaurant had a somewhat limited menu the food and service were excellent.

Our suite in Villa Dorabella was well appointed and comfortable with two balconies and an excellent view of the Lake. The views of the Lake are spectacular.

We agree with other reviewers that the hotel is really an amazing place. We had a simply magical time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa S
CastaDivaManagement, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Casta Diva Resort & SPA, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Ms. Lisa,

thank you very much for your review, we appreciate you shared your experience at CastaDiva Resort and we are really glad you had a great time with us.
Your satisfaction is the best confirmation of the quality of our service. Give to our customers an exceptional stay at our resort is always a must.

Looking forward to have you again at CastaDiva Resort,
Kindregards

Luigi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Lake Como luxury at its finest! My husband David and I are Italy luxury travel planners with a true passion for extraordinary hotels that offer the ultimate vacation experience. The Casta Diva Resort & Spa, the first new hotel built on Lake Como in the last 100 years, makes guests feel as though they have walked into a dream. The hotel is located on a lush botanical park, with a wealth of recreational activities and luxury pampering. Every experience at Casta Diva exceeded expectations from our warm interactions with staff to the spectacular rooms with well-appointed bathrooms worthy of a spa. The terrace off our room overlooked Lake Como adding to the charm and beauty. The spa offers a one-of-a-kind experience with individually tailored treatments to restore balance and wellness. If you have dreamed of visiting the beauty of Lake Como, a stay at CastaDiva Resort & Spa will enhance each moment of your vacation!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mrandmrsitaly
CastaDivaManagement, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Casta Diva Resort & SPA, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Sirs,

thank you very much for your kind review, we really appreciated it.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at CastaDiva Resort and we are looking forward to have you again with us.
We always enhance our services with a seasonal menu and also at the SPA you will find new pampering treatments.

princeton, nj
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Casta Diva is a very pretty hotel located right on Lake Como. The hotel is a renovated old style castle-like hotel and they did a great job putting in huge windows to showcase the lake from every room in the hotel. The grounds are meticulously manicured and the hotel is spotlessly clean. A few things to note:
1. The hotel is far away from town and the roads are narrow and curvy so walking is out of the question. Calling a taxi is like rolling the dice. The price varies too greatly--anywhere from $20 to $55 Euro one way. At one point I got in a taxi that already had $20Euro on the meter. I went and got the concierge to translate and she just said that rates vary. Each time I took the taxi the price varied too much. The hotel should arrange a set flat rate for their guests to and from town. There is also a free shuttle to town but it only runs three times a day there and three times a day back and the last one back to the hotel is at 6PM so if you have dinner in town, you must get in a cab with a mystery price.
2. If you are there to relax and not do much, then this is the hotel for you. If you want to go places or eat off the premises, then you must go into town. If you want to sight see and eat locally, I would not recommend Casta Diva. It is located too far away from the town.
3. I arrived earlier than the check in time of 2PM. Just getting an understanding of the process of check-in was like pulling teeth. I was told that my room was not ready and that check in was 2PM. OK, I understood that. Did the housekeeping staff come in at noon? Were they waiting for others to check out? It was like asking for the answer to a difficult math problem. A perplexed look and a repeat of, "Check in is at 2PM." All they had to do was explain the process and set the expectation. Not possible here.
4. There is a gym but there are no working TV's there. Bring your iphone.
5. There is no salon on the premises. I called to get my hair blown out and the concierge said that he would be happy to call one at a cost of $200 Euro. I blew my own hair out.
6. The rooms are very spacious with balconies. Very nice rooms.

Overall, Casta Diva is a majestic castle-like hotel located right on Lake Como with stunning views. The grounds are meticulous and the hotel is well-maintained. The rooms are spacious. The staff is attentive but the front desk staff is not well trained. Although the location is pretty, I would prefer a hotel that is either in town or much closer to town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lovestotravel321
CastaDivaManagement, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Casta Diva Resort & SPA, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Madam,

thank you for your kind review, we really appreciate your evaluation and we are looking for your next stay at CastaDiva.
As you wrote our location is the best solution to have some relaxation, getting pampered in our Spa and tasting a tipical Italian menu at Restaurant "L'Orangerie".

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We spent Easter weekend at this resort and were impressed from start to finish. The attentiveness and friendliness of the staff, the location, the quality of the hotel itself and the spa all made for an unforgettable long weekend. This is the type of place where you want to spend as much time as possible taking advantage of all the hotel has to offer and it is designed for pure relaxation. In a number of ways it felt like it was your own gorgeous home to enjoy. Every part of the hotel was beautiful. We spent time having lunch or dinner and cocktails in the Bellini Bar taking in the stunning views. Breakfast options were very good with lots of delicious choices. Yes, dinner was pricey and delicious, but what do you expect when you dine at a place like this. The spa was amazing as everyone has described; again, I don't think it was overpriced given the facilities. The Wellness Center spa facilities are included in the rate anyway and include the sauna, steam, hot/cold treatments, pool, ect. We were lucky and got upgraded to a penthouse suite upon check in, probably because the hotel was not yet full so we were very grateful for this. It included a full kitchen and living area with stunning views of the lake. As far as the location, it's about 10-15 mins from Como centre, and cost about 25 Euros in a taxi. However, the hotel provides a shuttle service and the driver tried to accommodate our schedule as much as possible, such as waiting an extra 10 minutes for us after spending the afternoon in Bellagio. On the last day it was pouring rain, which gave the hotel a very romantic feel about it. We tried squeezing every minute we could out of our time there and played chess in the Chinese game room while taking in the last of those breathtaking views. The only suggestion I'd have for the hotel is asking how and when guests are arriving and perhaps offering a shuttle pick-up service from the train station. Otherwise, I'd say this hotel is simply perfection. Different from the big hotel chains, very personalised service, and stunning in every way. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LLGirl
CastaDivaManagement, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Casta Diva Resort & SPA, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Miss,

thank you very much for your stay at CastaDiva and for your detailed review.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed our resort, the style and the services we are offering.
As you appreciated we always offer the best tailored activities for each of our guests.

We would be glad to have you again at our resort on Como lake maybe experiencing the magic of summer.

Australia
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Just left the resort today and I am already planning my return. This is my first visit to Lake Como and as I have always dreamed of visiting the area, I wanted to find somewhere special to stay that was different. In essence, a smaller boutique style hotel. The approach to the hotel reception itself was beautiful as you can see the views slowly emerging as you snake your way down the steep slopes. We were greeted promptly and politely and shown to a beautiful lounge area to discuss our stay. As we arrived early, we were given a short tour and we had some lunch at the Bellini bar with the most magnificent views. When our room was ready, we were surprised to be shown to a suite with a partial view of the lake and the L'Orangerie. The hotel had surprised us with an upgraded room (being a club member of the SLH group). Our suite was in the main building, the Villa Roccabruna. This is the best Villa to be in as it is closest to everything. We could access the L'Orangerie for breakfast through the undercover pass and also the Spa and Wellness area. The suite was stunning. Beautifully decorated in a baroque style but with some restraint. It was on 2 levels with a large bathroom with a separate shower and bath, double sink, heated towel racks. A walk in robe area, a large bedroom. Downstairs was a spacious lounge with a powder room. It was ample space for myself and my 10 year old daughter. There was enough choice for breakfast of hot and cold meals, fruit, bread and cereals. The views made breakfast the best way to start the day. Service was attentive and not intrusive. We did not have any other meals at L'Orangerie but had lunch at the Bellini bar twice. It is more casual with great views and more relaxed. We used the spa and wellness centre on our last day. It has to be the most amazing spa that I have seen. 3 different types of saunas, an amazing pool area and also an ice alcove. A stunning space that we could have spent an hour just relaxing in the different areas. Which you can when you book a treatment. As other reviewers have mentioned, the logistics of getting out of the resort can be tricky. They provide a complimentary shuttle bus service to and from Como. These are limited but we found sufficient if you plan ahead. But if you do want to see a lot of the other towns, then this might not be the best choice as the first shuttle bus leaves only at 10am. Which gives you the 1030 slow ferry or the 1230 fast ferry. The slow ferry is a great way to explore the lake. But, in the end, the resort is for relaxing and winding down and just enjoying the surroundings. It is possible to find great places for lunches outside Como and the resort and still return back to the resort on the 6pm shuttle bus. Enough time to relax and enjoy the dusk and sunset. As for the lack of coffee making facilities and complimentary water. I had read this ahead and brought some water bottles with filters and this was sufficient. There is a supermarket under the Coin shopping chain where you can stock up with mineral water and snacks and it is close to the taxi rank or the shuttle bus pick up.

When we left today, the taxi that the resort had booked to take us to the train station didn't turn up. We were not informed till check out but it did not cause any problems as they had already organised for their shuttle bus to take us to the train station at no extra cost. This was really considerate and an unexpected service that I will always remember as this has never happened at any hotel or resort that I have stayed in. We have always had to pay extra for these services or have to wait for another taxi.

This stay has been unforgettable from the start to the end. It would rate as one of the best places that I have ever stayed in and we have stayed in some beautiful 4 season resorts. What makes the Cast Diva different is that the staff make you feel like a person and not just one of a hundred guests. It is truly one of the most beautiful places I have been to and plan to return as many times as I can.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Europhile69
CastaDivaManagement, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Casta Diva Resort & SPA, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Miss,

thank you for your kind appreciation of our Resort.

We always care about giving the best service to all the people that visit our building. Reading your review was really gratifying due to the great details and satisfaction we found.

Waiting for your next stay at CastaDiva Resort, kind regards

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Our honest opinion about this Casta Diva hotel (usually we stay in 4seasons, Banyan tree, Kempinski, Ritz Carlton etc.) :

PROS:
+RAINFOREST SPA
+FLOATING POOL
+BEAUTIFUL SCENERY
+SPACIOUS SUITE

CONS:
-SPA MASSAGE (very expensive, after first massage we canceled all the other massages)
-FOOD (food was disappointing)
-HOTEL IS SECLUDED (you cannot go outside walking)
-BREAKFAST (limited, you have to beg for eggs...and the checkout they make you pay for them, not informing you prior)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Anna G
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This hotel is in a beautiful setting on Lake Como, across the lake from the Versace mansion and a quick boat ride up the lake to George's Villa.
Our room was stunning with huge dining, living and kitchen area as well as separate bathroom and Bedroom. Every window overlooking the stunning lake.
The spa was amazing, one of the best I have ever been in.
The setting was romantic and luxurious.
The hotel went out of their way to accommodate us. However there was a bit of a breakdown in communication with housekeeping. The kitchen had some state of the art appliances in it, however there was not a cup, kettle or piece of cutlery to be found. Upon speaking to reception, some kitchen items were brought to our room. However, when housekeeping came to do their turn down service that evening the items were removed. I requested they were returned, but again the following day this were removed. This carried on all week, despite my best efforts to try to hold on to the kettle so I could make some tea when I wanted.
Breakfast was a full buffet affair with delicious fresh berries, smoked salmon and every type of pastry imaginable, however the cooked 'english' style breakfast items did not look good and when I requested scrambled eggs without milk, we were presented with a bill for €20. We were not advised of this when ordering.
The location of this hotel, apart from being on the lake is no good unless you have a car or a very big wallet to pay €50 to get to the next village (1.5km away) or (€140) to go into Como centre.
If you are thinking of dining at the hotel, the food is ok, but costing on average of €250 per night (1 drink each), we decided to dine out at other more reasonably priced restaurants.

We were quoted a cost of around €850 for the day +fuel (40hp boat) for boat hire. We searched on line and found a local boat hire that charged €280 for the day and was able to pick us up from the hotel Jetty. It turned out, it was the same boat hire company the hotel uses! So huge mark up here.
Overall the stay was great, but we did feel we were being ripped off at times by the hotel charges. However in hindsight, I think this is the way on Lake Como and with the amount of Ferrari's in the carpark and the Russians around the pool, I guess nobody else really noticed the big price tag.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Rebecca W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blevio
Grand Hotel Tremezzo
Hotel Belvedere Bellagio
Hotel Villa Flori
Hotel Villa Flori
#5 of 32 in Como

Been to Casta Diva Resort & SPA? Share your experiences!