Three nights in this laid back, lovely environment, first time out of North America for one of us. The staff asked how things were going on a regular basis, and were always happy to provide anything we needed. We enjoyed chatting with each staff member, and hearing about their varied life experiences. They were all knowledgeable about local attractions and able to give detailed recommendations on places to visit, and what to wear. Front office staff organized each outing with a smile. Good variety of menu items for all ages, realistic portions, family friendly, small bar, formal dining room or screened in porch overlooking river. Continental breakfast replenished with a cheerful "good morning everyone!", served in in screened in cabana, or la carte from menu in restaurant. Surprise New Year's Eve buffet in cabana a nice touch including local cuisine like fried plantain, black cake and jerk chicken. Very clean, enjoyed the small pool, decent sized basic room in older building,(room safes may be available in newer buildings). Overnight guest service still prompt and cheerful while cruise ship guests on premises. Thanks to all including Lance, Ryan, Kurt and Beverly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belize has such contrasts from the beaches to the jungle to the Mayan ruins, from the rivers to the Cayes, a good base from which to see it all, is the Black Orchid Resort on the banks of the Belize Old River on the outskirts of Burrell Boom Village, just fifteen minutes from the international airport so it’s easy to reach and easy to leave from. Just a short distance away from Belize City and the airport, the resort is also within about an hour’s drive of most of the country’s mainland attractions, making it a convenient launching point for your vacation adventures. We provide accommodations with an ambiance of environmental radiance, alluring air conditioned rooms and immaculate, quiet and safe grounds. We are an excellent alternative to Belize City and gateway to all Belize has to offer; with knowledgeable guides and transportation for snorkeling, deep sea fishing, cave tubing, Maya Ruin tours, complimentary international airport shuttle, free use of kayaks, canoes, peddle boats and free wireless internet access. Your safety is our business. Come let us show you Belize ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Black Orchid Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Orchid Hotel Burrell Boom
- Black Orchid Belize City
- Black Orchid Resort Belize/Burrell Boom