After deciding on the activities we wanted to do while in Belize, I did a few internet searches for places to stay. We decided we wanted to be more central and closer to the water than in the southwest area of Belize. The Black Orchid Resort come up several times. Most of the reviews were positive so we booked our trip with them. (As an FYI- for American's that are used to Hilton or Ritz-type resorts, I do not believe there will be many to find in Belize. The resorts there are much smaller, quieter & in more remote locations.)
We booked the Honeymoon package with an additional day (email them if you want to extend the dates as you can't do it online with this package.) This was a great package; it included: airport pick-up & drop-off, a river view room, all-inclusive meals, a champagne river tour, a romantic, private dinner set up on the dock, 2 spa treatments, and a full day tour. The resort is pretty, quiet & peaceful. It really brings you back to nature. We really enjoyed the food & selection, the romantic dinner was so nicely done other guests requested it as well. The staff were all very friendly & nice. If you get a massage, ask them to book the Canadian (don't know his name), my husband was he was amazing. A few employees really went above & beyond to help us or get things planned. Although, there are a few that aren't as efficient (still helpful & nice though). Booking tours in advance is probably the best bet. We planned a few ahead of time that worked out great, but the ones we didn't were a little harder to get set up while there. Everything worked out with all the activities we wanted to do, but it could have been a little more seem-less. However, the Resort really did a nice job setting up a place for us to stay on Ambergris Caye for a dive trip with transportation there & back for a very reasonable price. We really want to give much praise to Cesar. He is one of the tour guides for the Resort & he was the BEST. We met him for the boat tour & then he was our Cave tubing/ziplining guide. He is very personable, knowledgeable, and just an over-all good guy. We really enjoyed spending time with him so we requested him for another tour. He was able to move things around so that he would be our guide again. It's always nice to have a person with you to make you feel more comfortable when you are out of your own surroundings. We loved him!
There were a few small inconveniences; a small water issue in our building for a few hours, trying to get a few activities planned out, but with a little patience everything was fixed our scheduled to accommodate us. Overall, this was a great place to stay & I definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belize has such contrasts from the beaches to the jungle to the Mayan ruins, from the rivers to the Cayes, a good base from which to see it all, is the Black Orchid Resort on the banks of the Belize Old River on the outskirts of Burrell Boom Village, just fifteen minutes from the international airport so it’s easy to reach and easy to leave from. Just a short distance away from Belize City and the airport, the resort is also within about an hour’s drive of most of the country’s mainland attractions, making it a convenient launching point for your vacation adventures. We provide accommodations with an ambiance of environmental radiance, alluring air conditioned rooms and immaculate, quiet and safe grounds. We are an excellent alternative to Belize City and gateway to all Belize has to offer; with knowledgeable guides and transportation for snorkeling, deep sea fishing, cave tubing, Maya Ruin tours, complimentary international airport shuttle, free use of kayaks, canoes, peddle boats and free wireless internet access. Your safety is our business. Come let us show you Belize ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Southall Travel and Odigeo so you can book your Black Orchid Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Orchid Hotel Burrell Boom
- Black Orchid Belize City
- Black Orchid Resort Belize/Burrell Boom