I stayed here two days ago with my boyfriend/rooommate/common law husband. He was flying out the next day. This place is wonderful. I've been traveling to belize for decades and it is always a hassle getting to the airport easily the morning of the flight out. Belize city is dirty, noisy and not very safe. Black Orchid Resort (BOR) is just the opposite. It is in Burrell Boom, not far in miles from the airport and it delightful. It sits on the river and is beautiful and tranquil. They transported BF to airport without any hassle, and even took me to the main road so I could easily catch a bus to take me back south to Placencia.
The room was beautiful and spacious with a huge shower and nice artwork. (We did get a room upgrade due to the large church group staying there.) The price was definitely worth it!
Everyone at the resort was helpful and efficient.
We ate dinner there and the food was good and very reasonably priced. Many resorts where other eating options are not close charge exorbitant fees for typical food, not BOR. The dinners were 20-35 BZD and the food was very good. Beers and stouts were 7BZD. The room comes with a complimentary continental breakfast held in a screened room overlooking the river. Breakfast had good coffee, juice, lots of local fruit, eggs and toast.
I will definitely be using BOR in the future before catching an early international flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belize has such contrasts from the beaches to the jungle to the Mayan ruins, from the rivers to the Cayes, a good base from which to see it all, is the Black Orchid Resort on the banks of the Belize Old River on the outskirts of Burrell Boom Village, just fifteen minutes from the international airport so it’s easy to reach and easy to leave from. Just a short distance away from Belize City and the airport, the resort is also within about an hour’s drive of most of the country’s mainland attractions, making it a convenient launching point for your vacation adventures. We provide accommodations with an ambiance of environmental radiance, alluring air conditioned rooms and immaculate, quiet and safe grounds. We are an excellent alternative to Belize City and gateway to all Belize has to offer; with knowledgeable guides and transportation for snorkeling, deep sea fishing, cave tubing, Maya Ruin tours, complimentary international airport shuttle, free use of kayaks, canoes, peddle boats and free wireless internet access. Your safety is our business. Come let us show you Belize ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Black Orchid Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Orchid Hotel Burrell Boom
- Black Orchid Belize City
- Black Orchid Resort Belize/Burrell Boom