Having just returned from Chiang Mai I have realized that my enjoyment of the place had as much to do with staying at Fern Paradise as it did everything else. From the moment we were greeted by Puu (a taxi driver who works for the hotel) to the moment we left, we were in constant awe at the beauty of the hotel and the great service we received from Om (the hotel owner). The hotel is a welcome escape from the hustle and bustle of Chiang Mai center and you really feel as if you are living in a rainforest, completely secluded from everywhere else in the world. The converted rice cabins have all the mod cons and are decorated beautifully. My friends and I all collectively "ahhed" when we were shown our room! There is a Fern Museum that I would recommend and I would also recommend that you take advantage of the free bikes for hire so that you can cycle around Chiang Mai and take in the lush greenery that this wonderful place has to offer.
I have to make special mention of Om; he was such a lovely host and always on hand whenever we needed him: arranging specially discounted taxis into town for us, sorting out day trips for us to Tiger Kingdom/Elephant camps/Hilltribes and personally serving us breakfast every morning by the river. On the trips we went on arranged by him we had a friendly personal driver take us everywhere and give us great tips. We got to see tigers, visit hill tribes and lunch for only 1800 baht for the whole day! Incredible! I really couldn't fault the service, they went above and beyond the call of duty and were so friendly and gracious that I was genuinely sad to say goodbye to the staff. I was also sad that I wasn't here on honeymoon as the place feels so romantic and quaint, it would definitely be a great location to stay for a loved up couple! I especially felt this way the evening we decided to take advantage of the restaurant at the hotel and had dinner served to us under our cabin, it was dimly lit and such lovely food and afterwards we relaxed in the hammock! I could go on and on about how wonderful this place is but words and even my camera couldn't do the place justice. Just go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The touch of nature, to live in the old rice barn, to meet the diversity of ferns, to be away from crowded city and stay in a peaceful land which is surrounded by shady trees and variety of ferns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fern Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fern Paradise Hotel San Sai
- Fern Paradise Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
- Fern Paradise Hotel Chiang Mai