“Nice Hotel and a must to visit”

and 1 more site!
Suanthip Vana Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mae Suai
“Nice Hotel and a must to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

Stayed here for 1 night and I wish I stayed more. Only thing is that the hotel is far from down town Chiang Rai, however you must only come here to relax and enjoy the nature and beautiful view. The staff are nice and the pool good size and very clean. The villa are very neat and have the Thai-living. ambiance. I would luv to come here again

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank eliebornfree

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Thai first
Chiang Rai, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

I am surprised when people complained about noisy traffic. I can hardly hear anything while i was there for a night last week. the hotel is clean, the swimming is large. the hotel is set for the high-end customers but i felt it is more like a retreat place. all in all - great but things are quite expensive.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank KrisDhiradityakul
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

This resort is rather far from down town Chiang Rai, but if you come here, you come here to relax and enjoy the nature and beautiful view. The staff are nice and the pool is big and very clean. The villa are very tasteful and give you a very good impression of Thai-living. My wife and me loved this place. You should come here if you look for peace and nature. Don't come here if you wanna go shopping or search for night-life. The staff have been nice. It is one of the most beautiful resorts I know (and it it a very good value).

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank schustertravel4
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

I didn't get to stay the night, the room grossed me out.
I have traveled extensively, from backpacking to very luxurious places and this was by far the worst place I've seen.
Location-wise it is not great, a good 45-minute drive from Chiang Rai.
The room I was given had not been used in a LONG while. It stank like an old apartment that no one has been to in ages. There were spiderwebs in the bathroom and debris in the toilet. The smell was unbearable. The terrace was covered in leaves and really run down. The whole resort seemed abandoned, as though no one had been looking after the place. I spent a couple of hours in total there waiting for a driver to whisk me off to Chiang Rai, and during that time I did not see a single guest.
The staff was helpful in organizing quickly my transfer but they didn't seem very professional. I would NOT recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Luca G
Taupo, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

This is a very special resort in a very special region. Not only is the resort’s garden immaculate and beautiful but the surrounding jungle covered hills are lush and green with blotches of cultivated areas on 30 degree slopes and heavily silted rivers running north like gravy on a roast of beef! We were there last week (July) and only had 4 other people in the resort. Nobody but us lay around the lovely big pool and the water was cool and refreshing despite the heat. This resort is truly a get away from it all, relaxing and romantic place to stay. We stayed in one of the Baan Pkakeryor villas and we were not disappointed. Well worth the extra $$. We have been to many many resorts around the world in 36 countries and this would rate in the top five. The restaurant is situated at the front of the resort facing the road and the trucks are a little noisy in early evening especially if you like to dine outside. As the evening progresses the noise abates a little. It is a pity the restaurant did not face inward to their lovely gardens. If you like to ride a Mt bike and explore, take your own bike. I had trouble with the resort bikes. All three of them!! The villa however was paradise on earth. Clean, quiet, beautifully furnished, bed not too hard, coffee making machine with Thai coffee, lots of free water, a mini fridge, air conditioning, all the trimmings and best of all the ‘under the stars’ shower and wooden tub. Oh my, how good can it get!!
We drove up HW118 from Chiang Mai to the resort and back via 1150 across the mountains to HW1001. A winding but lovely drive past Hill Tribe people villages.
Chiang Mai to Suanthip Vana Resort via HW 118 110 km. 1 hour 40min easy drive. Return via HW 1150 160 km. 2 .5 hours excluding stops.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kiwiglobetroter
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

We were treated well even before we reached the resort. From the initial contact to departure we were treated fairly and with great hospitality. The staff are warm and willing to help us with any need that arose. The food was good and the kitchen went out of their way to accommodate each of us. I recommend Suanthip Vana Resort for individuals, families, groups and business meetings. We are greatly pleased with our decision to spend a week here.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank travel201056003
Roanoke, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2010

By far the most attentive and courteous staff I have encountered in quite some time...from the front desk, to the restaurant, to the pool man (who let me swim early in the morning), everyone here was delightful and kind. The manager was beyond gracious during our week long stay! The resort is well-maintained, with gorgeous landscaping inside and natural vegetation surrounding it. I am already missing the beauty products (tumeric body wash, for example) they have for their guests and extremely comfortable bed linens. The food in the restaurant was delicious & fresh, and it offered a variety of foods, from traditional Thai food (both Northern and Southern) to European food as well. Also, don't forget to ask the desk to book you a Thai massage. The masseuse was professional, capable, and kind. Thank you Suanthip Vana staff for a wonderful retreat in Northern Thailand.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
ZEN Home Resort & Garden @ Phayao
Du Doi Suay Resort
Du Doi Suay Resort
#95 of 161 in Chiang Rai

Been to Suanthip Vana Resort? Share your experiences!