“Quiet, peaceful resort with stunning setting”

Manee Dheva Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mae Chan
the moon
“Quiet, peaceful resort with stunning setting”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This resort doesn't have too many rooms and they have spread them out over a huge piece of land. This means that you get a lot of privacy and amazing views of the river without having to share it with everyone else.
The room was great, but there were a lot of insects at night. However, we watched fireflies from the balcony throughout the night so not all the insects are unwelcome!
I would love to get the chance to return. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get a room on the river bank. Beautiful views and relaxing sound.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 14 January 2014

A good night and a good morning under the care of mother nature at Manee Dheeva had fully recharged my soul.

I spent a night at Manee Dheeva Resort and Spa after a meeting held in the city center of Chiang Rai that kept me until 10 pm. The journey to the Resort was shorter than I expected. I was surprised by the artistic, well-lit architecture and elevated pathway to my villa. Underneath the pathway was the pitch-dark, sleeping rice paddy filed. I felt as if I were on the pathway to heaven.

I did have a good night sleep without turning on the aircon, my favorite habit, as the early January weather in Chiang Rai was just right, nice and cold, unlike the warm and humid one I have back in busy Bangkok.

As a morning person, around 7 am., I started to explore around the spacious villa. I found that the mist covered the mountain standing at the right hand side of my villa. A city boy like me do not have a chance like this so often. I can see it clearly in my mind when I am writing this review. The sound of running stream at the back of the villa and the sound of birds chirping were so relaxing. To me, it is the most beautiful morning music.

I think it could be the 'white noise' that made my mind calm down so fast.

Please correct me if I am wrong about the white noise though.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We are a family with three children of 13, 11 and 8 years old and stayed at the two bed room suite for three nights. It was wonderful to arrive at Manee Dheva after visiting chiang rai and cycling around the golden triangle for a week. The serenity and peaceful setting made us feel at home immediately.
We enjoyed all meals as they are all prepared with lots of attention.

All staff is very friendly and looked after us perfectly. Everything at the resort is very well maintained, rooms, restaurant, gardens, rice fields... Just stunning.

For the children it was great to play outside, finding treasures and make friends with the two cats and dogs. We chose to relax, walk around in the area and just enjoy the beautiful Northern Thai food and views since we had had a full program for the last week cycling. But if you would like to, the resort offers many interesting day tours and trekkings. It is possible to visit all golden triangle sites and Chiang Rai from here.

The rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated with eye for detail, large outdoor bathrooms, fantastic views and privacy; all rooms are about 40 meters separated from each other.

We hope to stay with you again!

Stayed January 2014
New York
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Review is for restaurant only. Entrees here are 4 US dollars. Expensive vs a street coffee shop at 1 US dollar, but cheap compared to the price and quality of similar quality resorts (10 US dollars for half the quality). Big Thai menu with many options (standouts to us were red curry shrimp with pineapple, fern with bacon, deep fried pork spare ribs). Beautiful outdoor ambience (gets chilly at night though). Drinks are expensive at 7 USD/Drink.

• Stayed January 2014
Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Perfect location, excellent service and good value for money, no negatives, highly recommended,
you need either your own transport or ask the hotel to pick you up from anywhere in Northern Thailand.
The french owner is very helpful and trying to do his best to make your stay memorable.
Only thai TV channels, but that is probably not what you are coming for.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed at Manee Dheva after a wedding in Phuket, What an amazing contrast, this place is so beautiful and peaceful. Our villa was next to the stream and going to asleep with the sound of the stream and different insects was so peaceful. The restaurant was amazing and the staff where very professional and extremely friendly, they do a good cocktail as well.
Well worth the effort to get out there. Would have loved to stay longer.

Room Tip: ask for the one close to the stream, and try and go before the rice is harvested.
Vicenza, Italy
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed at Manee Dheva middle november with some friends, as soon as we arrived at the resort we didn't want to leave, the owner mr Francis will help in all your needing , staff very nice and professional ALWAYS SMILING. There is a small restaurant with fresh food both Thai and Western style.I strongly racommend Manee Dheva if you really want to live an unforgettable time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
#3 of 109 in Chiang Rai
The Legend Chiang Rai
The Legend Chiang Rai
#5 of 109 in Chiang Rai

Been to Manee Dheva Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!