“Awful burgers”

Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Danbury
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A traditional friendly pub. Serving many home made dishes all day.
“Awful burgers”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Came here to meet friends. Ordered 2 burgers £8.50 each was expecting a nice proper burger! No! 2 thin frozen burgers served up with lots of grease to accompany them! And as for the salad a bit of lettuce,cucumber and onion!! Such a shame! If u a gastro pub please do proper burgers and if not dont charge gastro prices!! Wont be going back in hurry!!

1 Thank Rachel B
crath121, Owner at The Bell, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
I am really sorry you didn't have a good experience with us when you dined here last week. We will look into your complaint about our burgers. I will say in our defence we always ask if guests are happy with their meals and will always sort out any problems. I hope we can serve you again soon.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“1 mile off A12 perfect stop for meal!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just came back from maidstone Kent didnt want to stop at roadside drive ins, and decided to drive to Maldon, spotted bell inn 1 mile from A12 Danbury bingo ! great place loads of history nice gardens old fashioned style pub perfect, loads of choices we had jacket potato prawns and jacket potato chilli and ploughmans lunch 2 peronis one perculator coffee awesome 28 pounds three satisfied and happy travellers now on there way home!, thank you to all staff keep up the good work ! my tip avoid the roadside places and make this a place to stop, open all day for food !

• Visited July 2014
Malaga, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A good find”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I came across The Bell quite by accident, and now I shall make it a regular stop when Im in the area again. Good pub food and really polite staff.What more can I say. Wish this pub was in my local village

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Curry night”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Had a curry on the advertised 'curry night'
Very small meat portion to the size of the curry, not overly hot but OK.
Waiter was friendly and service was OK.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank emmaboyd8
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely country pub”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have driven past this pub many times on the way to Maldon, but never called in. We stopped there on a Sunday afternoon for a refreshing drink, after an afternoon's strawberry picking. The pub wasn't very busy, but we were warmly greeted by the staff and made to feel welcome. The pub has a lovely country feel to it, and has been tastefully decorated in a gastro pub way. Although it is on the A414 main road, you do not notice the traffic going by. There is a good selection of real ales and lagers to choose from. The beer garden is enclosed and has plenty of tables and benches, and room for children to run around. We didn't have any food, but the menu had a good selection of'pub grub' and what we saw being served to other customers looked fresh and appetising. I would recommend this pub, and will definitely stay for lunch the next time I am passing by.

• Visited June 2014