“Great food and service”

Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Danbury
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A traditional friendly pub. Serving many home made dishes all day.
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Having undertaken an initial "site" visit to The Bell and a couple of other pubs in Danbury, I chose The Bell for a pre wedding day dinner for a group of 14 adults on Friday 18th July. The menu choices and prices plus the landlady's helpful approach to my enquiries and to another customer during my visit were key in the decision process and we were not disappointed. We were assigned an upstairs function room. The food - the group had a variety of starters and main courses - was enjoyed by everyone and the service was great. Thank you Lorraine and team !

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank simonm57

“Awful burgers”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Came here to meet friends. Ordered 2 burgers £8.50 each was expecting a nice proper burger! No! 2 thin frozen burgers served up with lots of grease to accompany them! And as for the salad a bit of lettuce,cucumber and onion!! Such a shame! If u a gastro pub please do proper burgers and if not dont charge gastro prices!! Wont be going back in hurry!!

1 Thank Rachel B
crath121, Owner at The Bell, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
I am really sorry you didn't have a good experience with us when you dined here last week. We will look into your complaint about our burgers. I will say in our defence we always ask if guests are happy with their meals and will always sort out any problems. I hope we can serve you again soon.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“1 mile off A12 perfect stop for meal!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just came back from maidstone Kent didnt want to stop at roadside drive ins, and decided to drive to Maldon, spotted bell inn 1 mile from A12 Danbury bingo ! great place loads of history nice gardens old fashioned style pub perfect, loads of choices we had jacket potato prawns and jacket potato chilli and ploughmans lunch 2 peronis one perculator coffee awesome 28 pounds three satisfied and happy travellers now on there way home!, thank you to all staff keep up the good work ! my tip avoid the roadside places and make this a place to stop, open all day for food !

• Visited July 2014
Malaga, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A good find”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I came across The Bell quite by accident, and now I shall make it a regular stop when Im in the area again. Good pub food and really polite staff.What more can I say. Wish this pub was in my local village

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Curry night”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Had a curry on the advertised 'curry night'
Very small meat portion to the size of the curry, not overly hot but OK.
Waiter was friendly and service was OK.

Visited June 2014