On the corner of a roundabout on the edge of town there is this charming budget priced hotel. There is nothing near by. Don't go there if you want to be pampered or expecting five star service or a bustling beach side village. What you do get is a charming old fashioned hotel, relax, sit back have an ale (or two) and just let time drift by. The rooms a spacious, bathrooms clean and beds comfortable. The breakfast is basic but adequate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a few miles from Exeter, this unique 19th century lodge offers characterful yet convenient budget accommodation in the heart of Devon.Originally a brewhouse, skittle alley and stables, The St George and Dragon now provides a handy base for exploring Dartmoor National Park or the unspoilt beaches of two coastlines. As well as 21 recently refurbished bedrooms, it's home to a cosy, traditional pub - so if you love the food, drink and atmosphere of a classic country inn, you're in exactly the right place.Nestled in the pretty village of Clyst St George near Topsham, the lodge is surrounded by farms and historic buildings, including medieval Powderham Castle. Nature fans will love the acres of ancient moorland and the National's Trust's huge Killerton House Estate, which are both just a short distance away. Exeter itself is also well worth a visit, with its magnificent Gothic Cathedral, mysterious medieval underground passages and bustling quayside area full of shops and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Exeter, Clyst St George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St George & Dragon Vintage Inn, Innkeeper`s Hotel Clyst Saint George
- St George And Dragon Vintage Inn, Innkeeper`s Lodge
- Innkeeper's Lodge Exeter, Clyst St George Clyst Saint George