“Great staff - what more can you ask for” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Lord Haldon Country House Hotel

BEST WESTERN Lord Haldon Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dunchideock
wales
“Great staff - what more can you ask for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Hi

Booked in here for business meeting next day in Racecourse and didn't arrive until very late so can only comment on a quick hello and goodbye however very impressed with staff.

Before I go any further a word of warning for a Sat Nav - give the hotel a call before and get directions or try a route planner as hotel will not come up on the Sat Nav and seems to be a problem however do not let this get in the way and bit of pre-planning will eliminate this.

The lady at reception was just great when I finally arrived and really couldn't have done more for me i.e.meet me at the door as I came into the hotel, took my bags to the room when I parked the car, offered to make me a sandwich even though the kitchen has closed ages ago - all in all such a great service and really made me feel welcome.

Also a good mention for the other member of staff (sorry forgot name) who helped me when the Sat Nav failed !! but who was on hand to serve a well deserved glass of wine when I arrived !

Power shower, comfy bed, good room temperate and fab staff. Shame I had to leave at 6.45am. Would of been nice to see more and appreciate my surroundings.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Ideford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I had a business meeting in the centre of Exeter. The food was good and the service through out the hotel was fantastic will be going back and recommending this place. Down side is it was to far from Exeter for me but will be going back for a weekend as fantastic location

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Heathfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Set in the middle of the Devon countryside this hotel enjoys a peaceful spot. I stayed here as I was working close by and enjoyed a relaxing evening. The welcome at reception was warm and the public areas clean and well maintained. My room was lovely modern decorations, clean, good bathroom and wonderful view out the window. The bar area provided a nice place for a pre dinner drink and restaurant has views over a lovely courtyard, with friendly service and good home cooked style food. If you travel by public transport you will need a taxi, I got mine from Exeter St David's station and it cost about £22. But make sure you have directions or the postcode to give the taxi driver mine didn't know where to go.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We chose The Lord Haldon pretty much at random and late in the day as we were too tired to continue driving. It's out of the way and in a glorious setting. The lady at check in was lovely and chose us a room with a beautiful view. It was fairly quiet. We ate in the restaurant and enjoyed the meal. We had a pleasant chat with a couple of the other staff. The bed was comfortable and the room clean.
All was good until check out when we encountered an extremely rude girl at the desk. We were rather rattled when we drove away, so much so that I emailed to complain - something I've never done before. The response was extremely prompt and apologetic. It certainly made me feel better. It was her second last day so at least she's moved on. Would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a view!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed here for a little break on my own in the country side. I was put in a room with a leaky shower, which would drive me nuts, so I was moved to another room. The original room needed someone to clean the mirrors too- very dirty. I had a lovely view, nice hot big bath and spacious room. Comfortable bed too. A couple of negatives though. The lamps next to the bed, plugged in behind the bed (impossible to get to) didn't work, despite being plugged in and switched on. The Plumbing after flushing the loo was really loud, and the main problem I found was the doors in the hallway. People coming and going, they were constantly slamming and woke me several times. The breakfast wasn't great either. Fruit wasn't fresh, and the cooked option was tiny and not a lot of variety of options available, so I wouldn't pay the extra £10 for breakfast.

Room Tip: Room 26 has a lovely view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank melissa b
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel obviously prides itself on service. I have regularly stayed here over the past 4 years and never had a bad night or service. Food is excellent, service friendly, discreet and overall superb.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunchideock
Mercure Exeter Southgate Hotel
Mercure Exeter Rougemont Hotel
Exeter Court Hotel
Exeter Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kennford

Been to BEST WESTERN Lord Haldon Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!