“Bar meal”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fenwick
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Bar meal”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I'm not local but popped in for a meal in March based on a recommendation from a local man that I know. Took two Swiss friends.
Very impressed with food, service, surroundings and prices.
Will re-visit very soon...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
uk
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel a week before arrival. Email received on booking. Rang the Hotel and asked the receptionist to give me directions to Glasgow and details to shops etc.
Got all the info needed in a flash and also sent me details by email. Very professional and understanding.
As I arrived at the hotel, my god what a surprise. The entrance was gorgeous, and the carpet was like walking on Air.
Got checked in and whisked way to my gleaming, clean room. The mattress was the comfiest I have slept on for a long time. TV, kettle biscuits etc etc. Couldn't fault it all.
I asked for a late checkout as we were on a wedding at, guess, yes at the same hotel. The receptionist said no problem. When we went to see the set up it was like a five star setting. A lot of money spent on the place.
Breakfast best I've had and a good choice of menu.
Overall would highly recommend it due to it's close proximity to arterial routes, 15 mins to Glasgow town centre, beautiful picturesque location, clean and tidy, very professional and friendly staff, breakfast great, rooms very spacious containing everything you need, amazing scenery, spacious car park, I could go on and on.
Only way to find out is to try it. There rate's are very very good. and breakfast is included.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank carlos d
Staplehurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed here with my 1 year old daughter and my parents whilst visiting family locally. We had an adjoining room on the ground floor which was perfect for putting my daughter to bed in our room then slipping next door into my parents' room whilst they were out for dinner. I had room service where I could choose from the main restaurant menu and not a basic limited menu. The food arrived quickly and was hot and tasty. We ate in the restaurant once with my daughter, and the staff cooked a piece of chicken, mash potatoes and some veg for her, which was not on the menu. She loved it!

The room itself had a travel cot and the staff had kindly supplied us with an extension plug knowing we'd have baby monitors etc. The beds were very comfortable and were superking size, and there were the usual hot drinks facilities. The bathroom was clean and modern with a powerful shower.

We did have a slight hiccup when the maid took my daughter's baby bath towel with the used towels in the bathroom, but we called down to reception and the staff dug it out of the laundry before it was sent off and were very apologetic.

Overall, I was very pleased with our stay and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I was nervous about travelling for the first time with my daughter, but the staff put my mind at rest from the start. Would highly recommend!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

On 8/6/14 we took friends who were on their way home to England after touring Scotland for lunch. We were met at the door by extremely friendly staff & taken to our table straight away. The service throughout was friendly, helpful & quick. One person had Lentil soup which she described as "real" while the other two had the Haggis starter again which was enjoyed very much. Three of us had the Carvery which was excellent, a choice of Lamb, Beef or Turkey & all the appropriate vegetables & trimmings, our other fiend had Steak pie from the main menu. I am usually a bit wary of a Carvery as I have found the food is often quite cool however this could not be faulted. Two of the Desserts were not what we expected & the bases were very difficult to cut, when the waitress saw they weren't eaten & we explained why she immediately said they would not be charged for. I would definitely recommend the Fenwick Hotel, for the food & staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Great hotel spotless friendly staff great sized room and bed no remote for the TV let the receptionist know there wasn't a replacement plenty of choice at the bar cocktail menu breakfast was lovely would highly recommend this hotel to family friends and work colleagues x

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just returned after a family wedding. Stayed 2 nights and really enjoyed our time. Rooms were spotless, beds comfortable, it was just a lovely hotel. The staff were very attentive. We had light meals the day before the wedding which we all enjoyed. The wedding meal was delicious and we all had the most amazing time. Couldn't fault anything and would certainly recommend a stay here. We certainly would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Kilmarnock
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Have seen this hotel many times on my way to Glasgow so we thought we would pop in today 8/06/14 for sunday lunch..It seemed rather busy when we arrived and even though we hadnt booked in advance we were shown to a table straight away..They had a very nice menu and prices were very reasonable but we opted for the carvery..Chef was there to cut your choice of meat..beef, lamb or turkey..We both opted for beef...There was a good variety of veg...carrots...cauli...broccoli and swede to choose from...Also had nice creamy mash and roast potatoes...yorkshire puddings and gravy ...Service was very good and a young lady called Sarah attended to us throughout..The only small niggle we had was that some of the roast potatoes were rather hard in the middle but it didnt put us off...Horseradish sauce was amazing..Great price at only £7.95 each and drinks were reasonably priced too...Would recommend to others....We shall be back....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenwick
Foxbar Hotel
#5 of 6 in Troon
Savoy Park Hotel
Savoy Park Hotel
#1 of 17 in Ayr

Been to The Fenwick Hotel? Share your experiences!