“Honest business”

Ranked #1 of 59 Kuta B&B and Inns
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Honest business”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

i actually did not stay here, but i decided to write something. so my plan was to come for 3 days but due to some other issues could not come. Mike was so honest so that even with very short notice he refunded all my money. This is something exceptional in this part of world i have to say. Any again if i ever come to Kuta Lombok i will go here! Honesty is my number one priority and i hope also to the rest of you!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is one of the better run guest houses I've stayed at. The grounds are grassy and peaceful. Free drinking water is available and coffee and tea can be made in one of the two kitchens. Cold water only in bathrooms, but hotwater showers in a central area if required. There are fridges where you can buy things and keep them. Beer and softdrinks are available 24/7 at reasonable prices. The support staff are friendly and helpful. There are two pools. Hiring cars, with or without driver is dead easy. They have a long row of scooters for rent with helmets for many (inc kids helmets). The owners are about this place. Each made a point of finding us and introducing themselves with a handshake. They are honest as well. We did not remember that we had already paid for our room (6 nights) and paid a second time. They realised the mistake and came and got us and gave the money back.
Some cautions...
1. There is no restaurant at this guest house. Brekkie is good, but they do not do other meals. they will call out for take away, but when we were there the choice was very limited.
2. Don't go to Kuta at all (and this place in particular) unless you are ready to hire a scooter or a car each day to get out of town. The attraction of Kuta is not Kuta but the surrounding beaches.
3. Distance from town. It is a decent 10-15-20 minute walk into town especially if you wish to get to the beach. There is almost nowhere to eat withing a 10-15 minute walk (exception being La Bankat whch isround the corner and does good basic food. The walk into town is fine, but busy. Did not enjoy with young kids on main road.
4. Free WiFi is very patchy. There were days I could not connect at all and other days with good connection. There are many WiFi Cafes in Kuta if you need a coonection and this isn't working.
5. Dogs. I always thought Muslims didn't like them. I was surpised how many there are at Kuta. I took to carrying a stick although we weren't botered by them. Yuli's has a cute puppy on site. Some guests loved him, but I didn't. He was playful and puppy like, but jumped up on kids and snapped playfully at their heels. All I could think of was having to go and hunt down rabbies shots if he actually broke the skin. Plus I didn't like the dog poo on their gorgeous and extensive lawns. I know I'm paranoid, but the rabies shots would be super annoying and I wouldn't normally like a dog sitting under my feet at brekkie or chasing my kids everytime they broke into a run.
5. Mosque noise. It is inescapable. It didn't bother me, but then I've travelled a lot in Muslim countries. It wakes me t 4am but I quickly habituate and go back to sleep. Always I say thanks to whoever that I don't have to get up and pray. If this is going to bother you, dig deep. You can do it too!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Yuli's was the perfect place to stay in Kuta Lombok. Walking distance to the main street and the beachfront.
The accommodation was clean and private. Breakfast was delicious, especially the banana pancake and banana juice.
All staff were very helpful, especially Yuli herself, who was happy to arrange things that we asked for, or offer advice on the best things to do while in Kuta.
Great value for money and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed at three different places for around the same price during our two week stay in Kuta, Lombok. Most places had clean rooms, well maintained gardens and clean pools. The things that made Yuli's stand out were the following: socialable owner, the free water and coffee, the community kitchen and the breakfast. Yuli's is located about a 10 to 15 minute walk from the center of the little village and the ocean. Renting a motorbike or car is necessary whereas other locations may be closer to restaurants and the ocean. Overall, our stay at Yuli's was great. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Some rooms circle the pool and some are near the entrance. I would recommend the bungalows around th...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Belgium
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Nothing to add to the other reviews. Clean rooms, good AC, nice garden with swimmingpool, ... Maybe need more places to relax but Yuli told us she will install hammocks :).
Friendly and helpfull staff and owners.

• Stayed June 2014
New Plymouth, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Last week I had another really enjoyable stay at Yuli's. Kuta Lombok is a wonderful area. The local people are friendly and helpful and Yuli's is a wonderful green oasis in the centre of this world.

Yuli, Mike and staff are wonderful hosts. The breakfast are delicious, free water, coffee and tea and three guest kitchens are are real bonus.

You can walk to the village and beach (at high tide) in about ten minutes. There are a number of mosques dotted throughout Kuta so the daily calls just become part of the culture.

Maps, travel advice and hire motorbikes are available from reception. You can also arrange trips and hire a driver there.

The rooms are large, spotless and are serviced daily. There are a number of barugas and a lovely swimming pool. The whole setting is awesome.

Mike runs an honesty system on the beer fridge. It's hard to get good wifi reception in Kuta but Yuli's has a pretty reasonable system.

I enjoyed to talking to Yuli's other guests.

Room Tip: They are all excellent rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed there last year for a couple weeks and was my home away from home. Pool, A/C, good bed and wifi for a very reasonable price. Yuli and Mike were fantastic, full of local knowledge and great advice. Scooters with surf racks available to rent and a driver to pickup and drop off to the airport. It's just off the main road so you need to look for the sign or you will miss it. The mosque is pretty close and morning prayers might get you up early but thats part of the charm of experiencing another culture.

My son is travelling and staying there with some friends right now and after all the cheap hostels they have been staying in, says this is a 5 star resort for them. lol

Room Tip: I stayed in the suite off the main house and had my own pool and king size bed... perfect.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Villa Bau Nyale
#2 of 54 in Kuta
Same Same Bungalows
Same Same Bungalows
#4 of 59 in Kuta

Been to Yuli's Homestay? Share your experiences!