“A great place to chill out and relax”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Novotel Lombok

Novotel Lombok
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Kuta
South Australia
“A great place to chill out and relax”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2010

We stayed at the Novotel for 9 nights in May and June. My partner is a member of Accor Advantage, so for us this meant a great discount on our meals (50%) and drinks (15%) which given its reasonably remote location, was a great bonus. We stayed in a Hotel room, which was very pleasant. The resort was perhaps 70% full? Anyway, always plenty of sun beds and umbrellas available. Breakfast buffet was excellent each day; lunchtime was some kind of snack at the bar; and then the dinner buffet or restaurant. We are not great buffet people, but the Indian night was good - the rest, we didnt really notice the theme all that much in terms of the food variety that was offered. We enjoyed the a la carte restaurant much more, and it was actually cheaper if you didnt want a three course meal. Not being a great fish lover, I didnt really enjoy the buffets that much.

The grounds are kept beautifully, and it is a very peaceful and restful place. But we had a couple of issues while there - one was dealt with appropriately, the other; well, the outcome was disappointing. But I guess that happens sometimes.

Trying to get information about tours is also a little challenging, but we did manage to book a day trip to Gili Air which was brilliant. Sparkling crystal blue sea, and white sand and brilliant snorkelling. The snorkelling off Kuta was non existent as there were very few fish.

We did wonder what people do when it rained - the rooms were too small to spend the day in, and other than the small bar area, there was nowhere else to spend a day indoors. We were lucky, we had brilliant weather that only rained at night. The gym is good, as is the (paid) wireless internet.

Overall it was excellent value for money.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Dominique_Duvivier, General Manager at Novotel Lombok, responded to this review, 24 June 2010
Dear guest,
I would like to say thank you for your valuable comment.
I am sorry if we did not offer appropriate solution on one of your issue but I can ensure that our staff always try their best to pleased our guest.
Regarding the rain, luckily, this part of Lombok does not receive much water and whenever we get rain, it is more frequently on evening or night.
I wish that we will have the pleasure to welcome you soon again.

Dominique Duvivier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Florence, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2010

Novotel’s location in a beautiful bay is hard to beat. The service delivered by quite a few of its employees however is below my expectations. The lady in charge of the daily activities misinformed us about the breakfast on the hill. In the restaurant our food took very, very long to arrive and it was hard to get the waiter’s attention. The food was OK but most of our meals in Lombok were of same or better taste for less than half the price. When we returned from kayaking the guards were chatting facing the beach - not the bay – and didn’t hear us so we had to land through the waves on the shore by ourselves which resulted in my wife’s leg being hit by the kayak leaving a mark. Not that that’s the end of the world but I just feel this place could (should) do SO much better for a 4 star resort! Must say some staff was helpful, and rooms are great.
Conclusion: Good place to relax and enjoy the view, but service and dinner disappointing.

Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joss029
Dominique_Duvivier, General Manager at Novotel Lombok, responded to this review, 14 June 2010
Dear guest,

I m pleased that you have enjoyed the rooms and the location of our property.

Regarding the food and service in the restaurant, I am sure that you can understand that with such a location, we are always facing difficulties in getting highly skilled staff but I guess they compensate for this with a rare friendliness and willingness to please our guests.
Concerning food, you will always be able to find cheaper around the hotel but is there really any comparison? We usually received most favorable comments regarding our two restaurants .
For your information, we have to purchase most of our ingredients from Bali and as an international hotel, we have very strict hygiene standards to adhere to, which is definitely not the case with the local “warungs”in the village!

I am sorry if you received wrong information from our staff regarding breakfast on the hill, I will take necessary action to improve the communication skills in this area. For your next stay, I invite you to check out our daily activities board displayed at the front office area which gives you all updated information on our activity program.

I wish that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in a near future.

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2010

I stayed Novotel for 8 days.

Novotel Lombok is located in Kuta beach.
Kuta beach is the best beach in Lombok.

If you want to see the white sand, looking for quiet areato relax, This is the one for you.

Staff members are amazing. They are friendly, funny & helpful.

Novotel Lombok running different activities everyday.
You can hire the snorkelling equipment and snorkel , canoe in Kuta beach.

I highly recommend the breakfast on the hills & visit Kuta market. Also these activities are free of charge.

I also recommend the horse back riding however you have to pay for this but it's worth it.

Food in here is good & I had sasak massage in here. Sasak massage is like thai massage but they use the oil as well.

I was staying in room#219. I had a problem with the toilet. when I flush the toilet, I could hear the weird sound so I made a complain to front desk & they send the plumber straight away to resolve the issue.

Overall I'm highly recommend the Novotel Lombok & I would like to come back.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jyjj
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind and detailed review on this website.

I am very glad that you have enjoyed our property as well as all our activities and service.

I wish that your input will arouse more interest for our lovely resort and I may just correct that our beach is really nice but we have just around the hotel 3 beaches even better such as Mawun, Tunjung Ann or Silong Blanak.

I wish that we will have the pleasure to offer you another great stay with us very soon.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2010

We spent 5 days in Sanur Bali and then moved on to the Novotel Lombok. Initially we had reserved for 3 days but extended this to 9. The hotel is situated on a beautiful unspolit beach along the coast from Kuta. The accommodation was of a high standard and deserving of 4 stars. The staff were consistently friendly and efficient without being overbearing. The breakfast selection was extensive catering for all tastes and plenty of it! Evening meals were of a high standard however after a week the 'buffet' routine became a little tedious. The hotel Spa was excellent with well trained and effective staff. I would recommend getting to Lombok before the new airport is built. When access is made easier no doubt Lombok will become more like Bali. I would avoid travelling by the ferry from Padanbai to Lembar. The small ferry was a rust bucket, the trip took 41/2 hours and and the only time in three weeks that we felt hostility was from the hustlers around the ferry terminals and on the ferry. Flying from Mataram to Denpasar is a much better option.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Dominique_Duvivier, General Manager at Novotel Lombok, responded to this review, 31 May 2010
Dear guest,

I would like to say thank you for your kind and valuable comment on this website after the stay that you apparently enjoyed with us.

Regarding the dinner, beside the "Kafe Chilli" restaurant where we offer a buffet every night, we have as well the restaurant "4 ikan" introducing a wide variety of Indonesian , sea food and fine dining dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. it is a pity that you have not tried it, I am convinced that you would have enjoyed this experience.
Regarding the new airport, at latest news, it will not open before next year so, still plenty of time to enjoy the place as it is!
I agree with you when visiting us from Bali, to come by plane, it takes only 20 minutes flight.

I wish that we will welcome you back soon.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2010

This place was recommended to us by a colleague, for a relaxing "and nothing else fancy or cultural" trip. I had already read some reviews saying the upgrade to a villa was definitely worth the cost, and I totally agree! It had the most wonderful little garden and we had an extra terrace a few steps down that was directly at the beautifully designed, natural pool in the landscaped garden. We shared the pool with about 5 villa's, but I've never seen any of the other guests in the pool while I took a swim. The villa itself was actually a big room with king bed and extra day bed, a corner with fridge and desk and a huge bathroom with a very special shower. The bathroom also served as dressing.
Service was outstanding, every morning we would find tea and fresh fruit on our little terrace, and in the afternoon the fruit was replaced by biscuits. Staff were very discrete.
The beach is lovely, white sand and enough sunbeds (we were however in a quiet period), umbrellas available.
There is a very nice bar for your sunset or predinner drinks, great atmosphere, good cocktails and a relaxed beach feeling.
Food in the main restaurant is buffet style, with a bbq on the beach twice a week. There is also the a la carte restaurant, good quality, this is of course a French hotel...
We had one lunch and one dinner outside the hotel, the village is quite nice and you'll find several bars and restaurants with very nice local food. Besides that, not a lot to do in the area.. We did do 4 dives with the in-house diving centre, not for beginners though!
We also used the spa facilities for a massage, as always, good service, but nothing extraordinary and rather overpriced.
Best feature here, as other reviewers have already said, is the staff. Very welcoming, interested and always in for a chat, they will go out of their way to make you happy.
For a 4-star hotel, I think it is very good value for money!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marion42
Dear guest,

I would like to say thank you for your nice comment. I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your room and the facilities of the resort but above all, I am glad to hear that you have appreciated our service and the genuine kindness of our staff.

Nevertheless, I will put some effort into the Spa to ensure better service in this outlet.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in a near future.

UAE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2010

We went to Novotel Lombok for 3 nights and had a fantastic time. A bit away from the airport, but when we got there, it was worth it! We never left the resort during our stay there - they have activities lined up daily although didn't try all. Pools were great, beach was just in front of the restaurants/pools.

Staff were courteous, friendly and accommodating.

Rooms - spacious and comfortable and we loved the decor which gives it the Asian ambience. We had the terrace balcony and definitely recommend it. We had problems with our room, but the reception team were able to move us to another room very swiftly.

We definitely recommend it as we had our baby girl with us, however a bit hard when we took the pram with us to the restaurants for dinner as it was all stairs (our daughter was usually asleep by the time we went for dinner), so had to carry the pram up the stairs.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Dominique_Duvivier, General Manager at Novotel Lombok, responded to this review, 26 May 2010
Dear guest,
I would like to say thank you for this nice review.
It is always pleasant for us to receive good feedback from the guest after their stay with us, it encourages and motivates the team to always try to deliver the best service possible.
I wish that we will have you back with us soon and by this time hopefully, we will have eased a bit the access to our outlets to pram.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2010

We have stayed here about 8 times and each time it is really impressive. It has actually improved since we last stayed 2 years ago.
The staff members are amazing--friendly,funny and helpful. The food was great and the value outstanding.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Dominique_Duvivier, General Manager at Novotel Lombok, responded to this review, 7 May 2010
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and needless to ask if you enjoy our property after visiting us eight times.

I am pleased that you have noticed improvement, it motivates us to continue in this way to offer always a better service to our valuable guests.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon for your ninth stay.

General manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Qunci Villas Hotel
The Oberoi, Lombok
The Oberoi, Lombok
#2 of 3 in Tanjung
Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort

Been to Novotel Lombok? Share your experiences!