“Lovely, unexpected surprise”

Tropical Dreams Rentals
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was booked at Tropical Dreams Motel Resort by a client and was not sure what to expect since I usually stay at "hotels" that have extended services. But the charm and extraordinary hospitality of the owners along with the most spotless rooms, that are cleaner than most hotel rooms, soon won me over. Owner Sammy Sands made sure that our group had all the things we needed. When I found it a challenge to plug in my laptop and cell phone due to the outlets being occupied by items in the room, Sammy brought me a power bar that had 6 plugs in it. Another nice feature was the wall soap dispensers in the bathroom and shower. In many ways, this stay is better than a hotel due to the cooking amenities and larger fridge in the room.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Azaleta I
There are newer reviews for Tropical Dreams Rentals

Reviewed 17 March 2010

My stay at Tropical Dreams was just as the name implys - quiet, serene and comfortable. Sammy Sands, Manager was very helpful. The place is just off the main Queens Highway on what is called I -95. Our unit was a suite that had two beds (1 queen and 1 double), a fridge, stove, dining table with 4 chairs, couch and TV. My friends and I loved the place so much we are planning our next visit.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank LivingandLoving
Reviewed 24 January 2010

We stayed there for one week and enjoyed everyday. The rooms were very clean and well equiped. Sammy ( The owner) was very friendly and helpful. He always made sure we had everything allright. If you need a peacefull place to stay nere the beaches go to Sammy´s place!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FINSunlovers
Reviewed 17 December 2009

I have stayed with Sammy and Rose on many occasions. They are always helpful and accommodating. The rooms are clean and well equiped and good value for money. You need a car if staying more than a couple of days so you can visit all the great beaches on Eleuthera and try out local restaurants and the Friday night fish fry in Governor's Harbour. I would recommend Tropical Dreams for a budget and/or self-catering holiday in the Family Islands. Save the money from hotels in Nassau and fly to Eleuthera for a real Bahamas experience.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank bahamas416
Reviewed 13 January 2008

I was a guest of Sammy and Rose Sands (owners of Tropical Dreams) from December 18-31, 2007 (two-week stay). The Sands family made me feel at home and totally safe-like I was a member of the family. Rose and Sammy made a Christmas dinner plate (ham, turkey, potato salad, cole slaw, the local peas and rice dish, etc…) and hand-delivered it to me when I came in from the beach on Christmas day. This made me feel so special. Also, Sammy gave me two foldable chairs with a small table to take with me to the beach every day. Sammy and his daughter cleaned my apartment two times during my stay. The apartment and the grounds were spotless during my entire stay. The Sands family are wonderful people and treat their guest with great generosity.

I stayed in suite/apartment # 6 (upstairs and far right in the picture). The suite with kitchenette is one large room; which is perfect for a two-week stay. One or two adults max would feel comfortable in this oversized room. The apartment had the following amenities: one queen bed, nightstand, one large comfortable overstuffed chair, cable TV (over 50 major channels, even ESPN and front audio/video so I could attach my portable DVD player), large dresser with mirror and six drawers, tall dresser with six more drawers, full size refrigerator with freezer and ice trays, kitchen table with two chairs, microwave, toaster, coffee pot, oven with four burners, ceiling fan above bed, air conditioner (nice and cool, but rarely had to use it), large bathroom with full size shower/tub and vanity sink with mirror and crank window that looked out on backyard, two crank windows in the front and on the right wall of the apartment, small private balcony off the right wall in addition to balcony in front, and large closet with iron and ironing board. The towels in the bathroom were soft and absorbent, not the cheap Motel 6 towels. The kitchen had all the amenities you could think of for cooking. Also, Sammy provided dish soap, bathroom soap, and beach towels.

The backyard has a powerful outdoor shower so you can get that sand off your feet so you don’t track it into your room. Also, the backyard has a couple of picnic tables, lounge chairs, and oversized hammocks.

Tropical Dreams is centrally located in North Palmetto Point, which is about 15 miles (or 20 minute drive) south of Governor’s Harbour airport. Tip: Ask Sammy for a rental car contact and have your rental car be waiting for you at the airport (you might consider the extra money for an SUV or something with higher clearance than a sedan because the beach access roads can be rough and low). You will definitely need a car during your stay to explore the many beaches. Also, The motel/apartment is only about one half mile off Queen’s highway in a nice, quite neighborhood. A small grocery store, a liquor store, a gas station, three restaurants, and four beaches are located only a short drive from the resort.

I did rent a cell phone from Sammy, which I would suggest to all guests because the beach access roads can be remote. Also, Sammy let me use his office computer anytime to check my email and to print my boarding passes.

You do not need to stay in a beachfront house or resort to enjoy Eleuthera. The island has hundreds of beaches to explore. Each beach is unique and never crowded. I had the beaches to myself about 80% of the time during my stay. Save the money you would spend on a beachfront place and use it for your rental car or your airfare. Rose and Sammy were so wonderful to me that I am planning to be an annual guest. I highly recommend Tropical Dreams to all travelers!

• Stayed: December 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank KeyserSozeHouston_TX
Reviewed 27 November 2007

I got an efficiency - the smallest unit in the hotel. It had everything I needed - clean, bright and comfortable. the kitchen included microwave as well as stove and fridge.

tip: Next time I would bring salt, pepper and a few spices with me, rather then have to buy regular sizes of those things at the store.

the bed was comfortable. Cable tv. I didn't need the airconditioner in November, but it was there. ceiling fan as well. peaceful.

the garden and property were very well kept. everything worked. the owners were very helpful and nice, and responded right away if I asked for anything.

excellent location for touring the island. store nearby. the settlement of north palmetto point is right around the corner, and I enjoyed visiting there.

I will return there next year. I got a look at a larger unit. It would be very comfortable for a family vacation.

everything spotless.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank photo_willow
A TripAdvisor Member
Florida
Reviewed 24 October 2004

Very clean and comfortable rooms. The owner Sammy was very friendly and helpful. He always made sure we had everything we needed and were comfortable.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#2 of 2 in North Palmetto Point
Pineapple Fields Resort
Pineapple Fields Resort
#1 of 6 in Governor's Harbour

Been to Tropical Dreams Rentals? Share your experiences!