“Spacious and clean room”

and 1 more site!
Tropical Dreams Rentals
Milan, Italy
“Spacious and clean room”
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Located 4 minutes walk to North Palmetto town facilities, this motel is the right choice for people looking to a convenient yet very good accommodation. We stayed in a very large apartment with 2 queen size bed, a kitchen and a spacious lounge. Apartment was very clean with access to a garden on the rear perfect to have breakfast there or to contemplate stars in the night on the hammocks provided.
If I will be again in the island I will consider again this cozy motel; it is in the middle of Eleuthera with easy access to the North and South of the island.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank GodieMi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Henderson, KY
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I highly recommend Tropical Dreams Motel Resort for anyone looking for a comfortable and affordable place to stay on Eleuthera Island. There are about 6 rooms in the building, all with plenty of windows and balcony/porch space. You wont get lost among a resort full of people here. The hotel is located right in the middle of the island, so it is a great place to stay if you want to explore the island. Which I highly recommend, the island has some amazing spots where you can get away from it all. Governor's Harbor is just to the north, and Tarpum Bay to the south is also a very nice settlement where one can find restaurants and grocery stores. My room had a fully equipped kitchen, all appliances, beds and linins were in good condition and very clean. Rose and Sammy Sands are very friendly and will help their customers any way they can. I was very happy with my stay here.

Tropical Dreams is also a great location for fishermen and bird watchers as it is located near some of the best bone fishing flats, reefs and birding spots on the island.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Duarte, California
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My daughter and I (80 years old) stayed at Tropical Dreams and don't have enough compliments to express our enjoyment at having a most pleasant home to come back to after our daily trips and having fun getting lost and otherwise. Our room with kitchette was so comfortable and pretty we felt we were in Shangri-la. Bathroon, air conditioner and all facilities were perfect. Love the floral sheets on the beds which were also comfy. Sammy and Rose were especially helpful, as are most Bahamians, in giving us directions which we needed. Our vacation just didn't last long enough (1 Week) and we could easily come visit the same place again.

Room Tip: Room 6, perfect for 2 people
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LYDIACJARBOE
Ichikawa-shi, Chiba, Japan
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at Tropical Dreams based on the reviews we read here and were NOT disappointed. We weren't looking for anything too fancy since we planned on spending all our time on the beautiful nearby (by car) beaches. The owners, Rose and Sammy, were incredibly personable and helpful. Sammy recommended some excellent restaurants and sights to see. He told us about the local grocery store and after my wife and I drove around without being able to find it, we asked him for directions. Instead of drawing us a map, Sammy hopped in his car and lead us there.

We ended up staying in the suite. It was clean with a nice kitchen complete with all the pots, pans, and cutlery we needed, which was perfect for cooking breakfast before a day at the beach.

We had such a nice trip that we're planning to go back to Eleuthera again. When we do, we will definitely be staying at Tropical Dreams.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joe K
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 1 May 2013

This is a wonderful example of 'you get what you pay for'. Very clean and simple, no pool. I think this is the most inexpensive place to stay on Eleuthera. If you're on Eleuthera you need to rent a car and see the island, and Tropical Dreams is centrally located and there are a number of good restaurants within a short drive or walk.

Rose the owner was very helpful. She checked in regularly, but not in a nosy way. She was also helpful with directions and advice.

A/C unit was right next to the bed, so it was a bit loud. The bed was a bit hard, but aren't all beds in Mexico/Caribbean hard? I still slept well and I'm fussy.

If you want an upscale resort, don't even come to Eleuthera. Stick to Nassau or some other place in the Caribbean.

If you're on Eleuthera, you need to spend one day to drive north to Harbour Island; rent a golf cart, and spend another day and drive south to Lighthouse Beach--beware the last three or four miles are ROUGH road, but this beach is out of this world. Mate and Jenny's for pizza.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank wx8
Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed here for a couple days before we got into our house we rented. We got one of the 1 bedroom efficency, and it was perfect. It had a comfortable bed, a microwave, and a good sized fridge. Sammy was great, a very nice Eleutheran, as all of them are, but he was especially helpful and sociable. He showed us the other rooms they had when we were checking out, and they were amazing! The suite and two-bedroom portions of the hotel are huge! You could definitely stay in them for an extended amount of time. And it's a great price. It's two minutes from the ocean, and there is a bar, a couple restaurants, and convenience stores nearby.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jkck
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 13 March 2013

This was my first trip to Eleuthera and I found out about this place on Tripadvisor. I have to say that all the previous reviews have been totally accurate. The proprietors, Rose and Sammy, are some of the loveliest people I have met on the island (and I have only met nice people here!). They are warm, welcoming, friendly, helpful, just a delight! And we became friends, and I miss them! The efficiency I stayed it was perfect! It had everything you needed, including all the basics (like TP, dishwashing soap, trash bags, etc...). It was immaculately clean!!!
It is a great place to stay and explore the island, as it is centrally located on a very long and spread out island. Best food is at Tippy's, some 4 miles or so "around the corner". Get used to driving long distances, and high prices for food and drinks (and just about everything). But the genuine nice and friendly people make up for it, a true Bahamian experience!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
#1 of 6 in Governor's Harbour
The Cove Eleuthera
The Cove Eleuthera
#1 of 1 in Gregory Town

Been to Tropical Dreams Rentals? Share your experiences!