“Service / Attitude / Quality - Not very good !”
Review of Gabriella's of Ortley Beach - CLOSED

Gabriella's of Ortley Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Toms River, New Jersey
“Service / Attitude / Quality - Not very good !”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Had dinner there with a friend on 7/25/14 -- now I remember why I haven't been there for several years. Waitress (older blonde) had an attitude from the start when we ordered soft drinks vs liquor. An advertisement had been sent to my home re: a special "dinner for two on Friday nights" -- SENT TO ME -- when I asked about it the waitress looked at me like I had three heads and exclaimed "that's a separate menu" -- and once again I had to request it, she wasn't going to offer it freely ! We did end up ordering from that menu in addition to ordering an additional appetizer.
Food was not memorable, rating it average is more than appropriate. The attitude of the waitress was memorable-- the only time she perked up was when she realized we had left a more than generous tip, solely because we didn't want to wait for change -- too late as I already decided it would be years (if ever) before I went back there again. Unfortunate as it used to be a great place with good food and good servers -- it has changed drastically over the years......I would not recommend going there.

• Visited July 2014

Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
“Horrible. Actually sickening!!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I only gave this place 1 star because you could not give it negative stars. The atmosphere is confusing. Is it a bar or restaurant?? Then our "server" (who i think they pulled from the dishroom) walked up and said "want something to drink?" Nothing else. We ordered our drinks and i proceeded to ask a few questions about sone menu items. He had no clue and made no effort to find out for me. We ordered the kids linguine and meatballs and seafood bianco to split. Our food came and i thought the kids portion was huge for a 6 year old but I didn't ask. Our meal was soaking in tasteless pink water that they called pink sauce. I spoke to the manager and he told me that was correct for pink sauce but I informed him we ordered vodka sauce. It was remade but still came back tasteless and horrible. When our bill came, i noticed we were charged for a full portion of pasta (not a kids as i ordered). I again had to have a manager change our bill. We ended up paying $61.90 for a horrible meal served by the worst server ever. Then to top it off, I got back to our hotel, and spent the entire night sick and throwing up.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank teresa m
Terre Haute, Indiana, United States
“to expensive for the quality of food you get”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Now this place has been around for awhile and many locals frequant it but in my opnion as someone who only spends a week or so in town yearly this is not a place I will return to on my yearly vacation to Lavalette. The staff are ok and the food is ok but for the price you pay you just expect more, at least I do.

Visited September 2013
Hudson Valley NY
“more bar than restaurant”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Had dinner, party of six, could have been an uncharacteristic bad night for them, but five of us strongly disliked the food. The staff were friendly and attentive but the food was honestly very poor. Fried calamari appetizer was the most rubbery I've ever had - obviously from the freezer. Pasta sauces were rough, oregano salmon was smothered in an inch of breadcrumb and spices, pork chops were way overcooked. We did enjoy the beer as a consolation.

Visited August 2013
ny
“Less than average”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Ate there for wife's birthday, appetizers were good, but entree's lacked quality...thown togrther like fast food. Therr are better places.

• Visited August 2013