“Paradise”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ortley Beach
Brooklyn, New York
“Paradise”
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Vacation was delightful thanks to accomodations , staff ,location & quality of motel.
Plans to repeat vacation again this summer .

Room Tip: All rooms were fabulous
1 Thank Sun61_11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
point
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I have been staying at the Startlight Motel for many years. each year we go back we love it more and more. The motel and grounds are so beautiful, and the staff is top of the line. Everyone that works there is so pleasant and helpful. Michele who is the manager there has grown up in the area, so she knows every great place to eat! I can't even think of staying anywere else. The rooms are so clean and updated. Between the rooms and the staff, we feel like we are at a five star hotel! If you are heading to the Jersey Shore there is only one place to stay it is the Starlight Motel and Luxury Suites.

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank pigfam3
Yonkers
Reviewed 5 April 2011

My kids grew up going to this wonderful place every single year for 15 years. We have a group of 10-15 families taht go down every summer, and we have a ball. The staff are great and helpful. Many new improvements have been made to the physical plant over these years, including new ly renovated rooms.

Family friendly atmosphere and we all help keep the peace and work together. There are rarely any complaints and if there are any they are resolved!! The Tomanelli/Dibattista Family LOVE the Starlight!! Especially, Michelle and Ron, part of the staff that we look forward to seeing every year.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MayorVito
StarlightHotel, Owner at Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites, responded to this review, 15 April 2011
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We certainly look forward to seeing all of you each summer and hope we will see each other for another 15 memorable years!
Pine Bush, NY
Reviewed 5 April 2011

My family and extended family has been going to the Starlight for over 20 years. We used to rent an apartment down the street, but the kids wanted a swimming pool and the parents wanted air conditioning & maid service. So we gave Starlight a try and have never gone anywhere else. The staff is amazing. Over the years we have gotten to know them well & they know us, too. They are always there with a kind word or offer to help. 5 years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer. We had sent in our nonrefundable deposit for the first week of August, but my mastectomy was scheduled for Aug 3rd. Michelle at the front desk cried with me, gave me my refund and wrote a personal note to cheer me up. I truly appreciated her kind gesture. On a lighter note, my kids love the Starlight! The pool is amazing--always clean! Right across the street is Barnacle Bills, which is a mini golf, snack bar, ice cream & arcade! My son likes the foot long hot dogs. It is not vacation unless he gets it! The Starlight is only 1 block from the beach. We usually walk to the beach, but if you want to drive, there is a parking lot. The beach in not too crowded (like Seaside) and it mostly families there (not crazy teenagers like Seaside). I just can't say enough about our experiences at the Starlight over the years. I have recommended it to many friends and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Wow! What a review. Thank you so much for the kind words. But most impotantly, we enjoy seeing you and your family year after year and are thankful that the years have gone by! Hopefully another 21 together. See you in the summer.
Howell, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 April 2011

This was the first time we have stayed at the starlight and is now our family tradition!!! We have been driving back and forth to the beach for many years, and a friend recommended the starlight. We decided to give it a try and fell in love!! The first thing I noticed was that when I called to book our reservation I spoke to a friendly person who was very knowledgable and helpful. I hate going through recorded prompts on the phone! Michelle helped me choose the best value for my budget and for the needs of my family of five. As Monmouth county residents we have never stayed locally, and ventured to Ortley Beach for fun! We had more than we could ever imagine!!! The room was immaculate and beautiful, the property extremely well maintained and clean, the location was awesome....so close to everything. Boardwalk, beach, extremely clean pool, great local restaurants. I do not miss driving back and forth to the beach at all, and neither does my husband:-) We have been long time New Jersey residents and never knew that a jewel was so close by. As we were leaving we felt like we were leaving family, and have already made our reservations for the next summer! Thank you Starlight!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank all4travel5
Tappan, New York
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Great family place one block from the beautiful ocean. We have stayed here at least 3 times in past 6 years.

Budd Lake, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 April 2011

The Starlight is across the street from an arcade and the miniture golf. It is one block from the beach and you can walk to the boardwalk. They are close to CVS and the A & P. There are lots of little shops to pick up souveniors. If you have young teens and you get a room on the second floor you can sit on the balcony and watch the kids at the arcade. My parents have been bringing me and my sister and brother to the Starlight since we were little. I'm thrilled to say that we are now able to bring our kids and they range in age from 13 to 18 and we kept our family tradition going. The memories we have made are priceless. With great sadness we have lost my father and brother, but whenever we are at the Starlight we have all those amazing memories!! We love Michelle and Ron and of course Bill. We all look forward to our next vacation at the Starlight every year from the day before we check out. We always book the same room and week for the following year before we leave.

Room Tip: First floor for small kids and second for older
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ortley Beach
Seaside Best Rentals
Seaside Best Rentals
#1 of 7 in Seaside Park
Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River
Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms Ri...
#29 of 39 in Seaside Heights
#4 of 11 in Toms River
Windjammer Motor Inn
Windjammer Motor Inn
#2 of 7 in Seaside Park

Been to Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!