“Quiet, relaxing, comfortable & accommodating staff”

Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ortley Beach
“Quiet, relaxing, comfortable & accommodating staff”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to get away midweek some some fun and relaxation. We wanted to be close to the boardwalk but not wanting to stay in Seaside we found the Starlight. The prices are GREAT, STAFF especially MICHELLE at the front desk was amazing and we had the best time!!! The rooms were cozy and VERY CLEAN! The pool was heated and clean, and the hotel is is walking distance to lots of places. If you are a couple or family looking for a great, relaxing, fun, clean place to stay I highly recommend the Starlight. Happy travels ;-)

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank tarajhealey
StarlightHotel, Owner at Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review. Hope to see you during the Summer of 2013!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
sfnative01
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Coming from California, I had no clue where to stay in the Seaside Heights area. I did some research and was worried that we would not be able to find a place that wouldnt give us bed bugs. I stumbled across the Starlight Motel, and am so happy I did. We went for the luxury room, as it was only $20 more than the regular room. It was very spacious for just the 4 of us. The room was extremely clean. It was nice having a washer and dryer too. The only negative is there was no hair dryer or shampoo/ dish soap provided.
The motel is steps away from the beach and a 15 minute walk to the boardwalk.
We had a flight leaving at 8pm and the people behind the desk were very kind to let us stay past check out so we could enjoy a full day in the area.
The hotel is very family oriented. It was quiet and safe.

3 Thank sfnative01
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I have been going to this motel since I was a baby. The officiencies are big, with nice size kitchens. It can fit 8-10 people. The regular rooms are just as fine. The rooms are clean and the maid service is amazing. We cook some nights, go out others; we make breakfast every single morning in the room. I love that we have that option! Must bring your own show supplies!The motel is in a great location... right across the street from an arcade, snack bar, mini-golf course, and a block away from the beach. The motel has a nice, heated pool... wish it was a little bigger though.

Room Tip: Get a room with a kitchen... expensive but worth it
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank afelric1
Hillsborough, NJ
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Rooms were very nice and recently renovated. They have mostly suites with kitchens and living rooms and some standard rooms as well. Typically the suites and just a little more than the standard rooms so I would say go for the suite. Stayed in the "large" suite which had 2 beds, a large closet, dining room table, bathroom, washer and dryer and kitchen. The kitchen was also fully stocked with everything needed including a crock pot in our room. The lobby also has an ice machine and large bags you can fill up. It was nice not having to run to the store to get ice and with the large bags you weren't going to get ice every few hours like at most hotels with the small ice trays they give.

2 Thank NJSundevil55
Newark, Delaware, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2012

What a great place for a girl's get away! We stayed in the Deluxe Luxury Suite and the three of us had plenty of room. The kitchenette was a perfect way to end a day of travel, we cooked our own food and relaxed! The fixtures and details were high quality and we kept comparing the color combination to a Vegas suite. It was clean, well stocked, and offered a friendly and gracious staff. We were a block from Ortley Beach, a slow paced, peaceful beach (not sure if it's always like that or if we got lucky!) We were an easy 20 minute walk to Seaside Heights so we could experience the boardwalk, greasy food, and interesting people watching.There are several restaurants and delis within a block of the Starlight. There's an arcade and mini golf across the street. It really was a fantastic spot for our weekend retreat! I'm already imagining taking my family there for a fun adventure. We were a bit nervous about the younger crowd enjoying cocktails in the courtyard but by bedtime, they had gone out or were just really quiet. The AC unit in the bedroom proved a great white noise machine to block out the street noise for my light sleeping friend but I didn't notice any noises at all. One "complaint": the whole suite was really pristine and luxurious, don't skimp on the shower curtain! lol Ours was a full sized curtain cut in half and didn't quite fit the shower stall. And a couple canvas prints would really make the walls POP! That's grasping for cons and overall, the place was fantastic! I'll be referring all my friends. See you soon!

1 Thank Tami R
NJ
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We did not have a suite. We had a regular room, so the Suites may be better, but I read the reviews before booking and I expected better. The room was clean. We had no soap in the bathroom, I had to ask for it. I initially thought it was an oversight, however another couple told me the same thing. Since when is soap a luxury item? The pool is heated, but way too HOT! Not refreshing at all, in fact the kids called it "gross". In May the ocean is too cold so the kids were very disappointed!! Day 2 the toilet wouldn't flush. After two attempts they were able to fix it, but left a mess behind. There is no tub, only a shower and the bathroom is extremely small.
The beds were extremely uncomfortable, and everyone was happy to be leaving.
On the plus side, the location is good. Minature golf across the street. Close to the beach.

Room Tip: Go with a suite, the regular rooms are small and bedding is poor.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank NjEve
NJ
Reviewed 27 September 2011

This was our third year staying there, and we're going back year after year. The rooms were recently renovated (maybe 3 years ago?) and the largest suite they have (on the ground floor by the pool) are very comfortable and roomy. They have grills there for you to use. The pool is heated and open (even on rainy/cloudy days.) The cleaning staff is very friendly and helpful. And everything is clean. What more can you want from a place??

Room Tip: I would pick any suite on the ground floor by the pools!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank RoseOfMexico
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ortley Beach
Seaside Best Rentals
Seaside Best Rentals
#1 of 7 in Seaside Park
Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River
Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms Ri...
#28 of 39 in Seaside Heights
#4 of 11 in Toms River
Windjammer Motor Inn
Windjammer Motor Inn
#2 of 7 in Seaside Park

Been to Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!