“Nice place to stay for a couple of days”

Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ortley Beach
Henryville, PA
“Nice place to stay for a couple of days”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The hotel is very clean and better than the typical shore motel. The rooms are modern with plenty of closet/storage. The air cond was great and the bathroom is well laid out. Check in was easy and pleasant. The location is great with an arcade across the street and 2 great delis down the block. Front desk was pleasant. There was a great bakery a few blocks away. The beach costs 7 bucks a day though. Overall a better than average shore motel. Their mattresses could use upgrading. They have no support but are doable for a few nights. We had the standard motel room and it was roomy and pleasant. I think you will have a pleasant experience!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Paterson, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 June 2012

My children and I spend the weekend in this motel and from the very start Kim was fantastic. I never been to such a relaxing family oriented atmosphere then in this hotel. I rented a suite and we had a blast. The rooms were spacious and clean. The pool was very clean and ready for the kids to go in when it stated it opened. The staff was very friendly and available if you needed them. Their is a arcade directly across the street from the motel which was perfect since it was raining when I arrived. It gave the kids something to do. The beach is a block away which was perfect for me because I didn't want to drive anywhere and there is plenty of places to eat in the area. This place was everything I was looking for and more. I will be staying here again in August for a week.

Room Tip: Stay in the suites if your staying more then a weekend. There is a stove, washer and dryer and a ful...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Sarahm0427
Clark, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Stayed for just one night, we had a lux suite-looks exactly as in photos, VERY clean and we were allowed to check in early at 11:00am.since the room was already available. Everything worked no problems at all! Pool was clean and refreshing and down the street to the beach checked out by 11:00 am and was told we could stay to use the pool. Already recommended to friends and family. Only negitive would be the mattresses were not very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank vickie s
Tralee, Kerry, Ireland
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Although the rooms are clean, the beds were the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept in. The best description is that they crunched when you got into them. Don't twist in the bed because you'll wake everyone up.

The crowds that arrived for the weekend were mmmmmm, let me just say one bunch were drinking Tequila at one table and another were drinking rum. The music pumping didn't have much consideration for other guests.

Happy to be out of there!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Padraig_11
StarlightHotel, Owner at Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
We pride ourselves in how clean, and new the entire establishment is. However, when dealing with brand new mattresses, one may need to get used to. We are so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay.
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to get away midweek some some fun and relaxation. We wanted to be close to the boardwalk but not wanting to stay in Seaside we found the Starlight. The prices are GREAT, STAFF especially MICHELLE at the front desk was amazing and we had the best time!!! The rooms were cozy and VERY CLEAN! The pool was heated and clean, and the hotel is is walking distance to lots of places. If you are a couple or family looking for a great, relaxing, fun, clean place to stay I highly recommend the Starlight. Happy travels ;-)

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank tarajhealey
StarlightHotel, Owner at Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review. Hope to see you during the Summer of 2013!
sfnative01
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Coming from California, I had no clue where to stay in the Seaside Heights area. I did some research and was worried that we would not be able to find a place that wouldnt give us bed bugs. I stumbled across the Starlight Motel, and am so happy I did. We went for the luxury room, as it was only $20 more than the regular room. It was very spacious for just the 4 of us. The room was extremely clean. It was nice having a washer and dryer too. The only negative is there was no hair dryer or shampoo/ dish soap provided.
The motel is steps away from the beach and a 15 minute walk to the boardwalk.
We had a flight leaving at 8pm and the people behind the desk were very kind to let us stay past check out so we could enjoy a full day in the area.
The hotel is very family oriented. It was quiet and safe.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank sfnative01
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I have been going to this motel since I was a baby. The officiencies are big, with nice size kitchens. It can fit 8-10 people. The regular rooms are just as fine. The rooms are clean and the maid service is amazing. We cook some nights, go out others; we make breakfast every single morning in the room. I love that we have that option! Must bring your own show supplies!The motel is in a great location... right across the street from an arcade, snack bar, mini-golf course, and a block away from the beach. The motel has a nice, heated pool... wish it was a little bigger though.

Room Tip: Get a room with a kitchen... expensive but worth it
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank afelric1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ortley Beach
Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River
Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms Ri...
#25 of 39 in Seaside Heights
Windjammer Motor Inn
Windjammer Motor Inn
#2 of 7 in Seaside Park
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & ...
#11 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach

Been to Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!