“Closed but opened for us”

The Organized Crime Winery
Ranked #13 of 25 things to do in Beamsville
Barrie, Canada
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Closed but opened for us”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We arrived at this very small winery on a Monday. It is closed to the public Mon to Wed however, the owner and her husband were kind enough to allow us into the boutique and chat about their products. Although they had little open for tasting, we did taste a lovely Bordeaux, which we bought along with a heavier red which I took her word on being great. Nice people.

Dartmouth, Canada
194 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“Interesting Name, Bad Service”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Ok, I admit it, I was drawn to this winery because of the name, and their wine is decent, but the service was not conducive to a good experience. It started with being told to quickly close the door to save the AC, but we had friends coming behind us. Then they did not have a washroom? (Two requests were turned down and one group left without tasting). The tasting room is small and quickly got crowded. I suspect he may have been very knowledgeable about wine, but he did not seem too willing to share with us. The overall impression was like we were annoying him by coming to taste wine.

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Make your own decision”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Wine is good but not sure if it is worth the money based on others in the area. The staff there could be a little more pleasant and $2 per tasting (per glass) is a little outrageous. I hate badmouthing wineries in Niagara but I'd suggest you go and make up your own mind.

Visited October 2013
Toronto, Canada
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“too small to enjoy and wines overpriced”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Organized Crime Winery has a couple decent wines, overpriced, but decent.
The tasting room is TOO SMALL to enjoy samples and unless you are right up at the cash, no one even pays attention to you, Unfortunate because if they increased the size of the tasting room and lowered the wine prices to those of other wineries on the same street, I would be more included to visit and purchase.

Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We drove there on a Saturday afternoon around 3:30, there were a few people in the room already, a bit crowded but understandable. We picked out two bottles and paid for it (the gentleman at the cash was super nice), after which I asked the lady (owner I guess) if I could taste the Sauvignon Blanc. That's when things got sour. She didn't even bother look at me and just said, sounding very annoyed, that "The bottle is not open" and she turned her attention to other patrons immediately, without offering me to taste something else. Needless to say, we walked out of there regretting our visit and purchase. Let's just hope we didn't spend 60$ on bad wine.

Visited November 2013