Chapters Hotel and Restaurant
Wainstones Hotel(Great Broughton)(Great Value!)
US$92
Longlands Hotel(Middlesbrough)
US$52
Baltimore Hotel(Middlesbrough)
US$65
All reviewsgourmet nightgourmet packagepetit fourshandmade chocolatesthree course mealtwo coursesexcellent nighton arrivalmarket squarebelly porkexecutive roomsmall hotelnext morninghigh streetblack puddingyorkshire breakfastsunday lunch
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

I reviewed the hotel last week and stand by what I wrote. A little disappointed to be given the same room this week, I should ask for a change. I decided to try the bistro which has good reviews and I was not disappointed. This was one of the best meals I've ever had and I've been around a bit. Started with the scallops which was heaven on a plate. Cooked to perfection.
For the main I had the lamb which also comes with a small lamb hotspot which was really amazing. The rump & belly were also excellent as was the veg. I will definitely be returning. Not cheap, if it was it would be obscenely good value. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013
stevenharry, Owner at Chapters Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear Andyhx

Again another thank you for writing the lovely review about our restaurant.

Victoria, our Head Chef, takes pride in reading all these reviews

Best Wishes again

Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

Chapters is located in a charming North Yorkshire village. The restaurant and bar are upmarket although that is reflected in the prices. It's a pity the rooms don't live up to the bistro. The rooms are dated and a little shabby, with furniture blocking access to the closets, which I'd be reluctant to put decent clothes in. Having said that the bed was very comfortable and there is a large flat screen TV and free wi-fi. If you pay top rate for this hotel prepare for a slight disappointment.

• Stayed: April 2013

Hello Andyhx

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review

I know we have been communicating by emails but I do still like to thank our guests for taking the time to complete these reviews.

We take all constructive criticism and deal with them as quickly as we can. As you have seen, the wardrobes have been given a completely new and fresh look.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed at Chapters last night and the food and service was one of the best we've ever experienced.

We're both well travelled & we can honestly say this was probably one of the best meals we've both ever had, it really was exceptional. The service was also absolutely first class from the waiters being very attentive to the chef coming out to ask how the meal was with lots of nice little touches in between.

The only downside is we stayed in room 1 which was an upgraded room and all we could hear was the music loud and clear that was playing downstairs.

We were looking for a really peaceful early night without our 14 month old crying instead we had the bass and music till about 12.30 which only stopped once we went down to ask for it to be turned off.

We'll certainly be dining there again but unfortunately been put off from staying over.

Stu & Nichola

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
stevenharry, Owner at Chapters Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Dear Stunichola

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review about your recent stay here at Chapters Hotel.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the evening especially the food and the service and I have passed your positive comments onto the whole team.

I would like to apologise about the level of the music on the evening. We had a wedding in the hotel and they all moved onto the bar hence the reason for the level of the music. If it is a standard service evening, the music would have been turned off no later than 12am.

I will email you personally regarding this too and do hope to see you again soon at Chapters Hotel

Reviewed 6 March 2013

On a beautiful Spring Saturday we drove through Helmsley, over Bilsdale past Chop Gate and into Stokesley, we walked through the Farmers Market and found Chapters. What a discovery ! We were shown to a table by friendly staff and advised of the special lunch time deal. '' two courses for £10.50'' We decided on mains and desert. My wife chose the cheese and tomato omelette with a dressed salad and was delighted with the lightness and fluffy texture of the omelette and the delicacy of the balsamic dressing. I had the pan fried chicken with a tyme jus. This was perfectly cooked moist chichen on a bed of baby roast potatoes and roasted veg with a well balanced jus. The sweets were fantastic licorice and black currant ice cream and blackberry parfait was unbelievable and my wifes choice of sticky toffee sundae warm and inviting with the surprise of cinder toffee at the end was wonderful. When in Stokesley this is the place to eat and check out the deals for lunchtime and evening dining.

stevenharry, Owner at Chapters Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Dear kevin d

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review

We really do appreciate feedback and I have passed your very positive comments onto our Head Chef Victoria and also onto our team regarding our popular lunch promotion.

We do look forward to seeing you again soon in the near future if you are in Stokesley.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

My husband booked the hotel for a night away, in order to see a band at the nearby Town Hall. We stayed in room 5 for bed and breakfast. The room itself was cosy - well decorated and with comfortable facilities. The bathroom was as big as the bedroom. I enjoyed the stay but felt a bit disappointed by the overwhelming smell of paint in the room and the noise that could be heard from other rooms/overhead/the nearby stairwell. Neither of these stopped me sleeping however. Breakfast was plentiful and service good. Would fancy staying again for the gourmet nights and in a larger room.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear GreyK44

Thank you for taking the time to write your review

We do apologise for the smell of the paint, which was still lingering in your room. It is unfortunate the smell was still there but we do try to keep on top of maintaining the hotel standards by decorating when we can, though now we are sourcing "odourless" paint to overcome this situation.

Room 5 is based over the stair case and agree that sometimes it can be noisy when guests are on the staircase.

We do look forward to seeing you again soon though and will try to accommodate you in the Executive Rooms next time.