“A delightful stay.”

Chapters Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stokesley
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at Chapters on the recommendation of a colleague who comes from the area. It is situated in the centre of this small market town, just on the edge of the North Yorkshire National Park.
We were made very welcome and were given the service we would have expected in Yorkshire: friendly, efficient and helpful. The food in the restaurant is exquisite, portions just the right size, and the waiter service just right: not hurried but not interminable. The cooked breakfast was delicious and there was plenty of alternative choice as well. The presentation of all the food was delightful. The rooms are comfortable, with Molton Brown products in the bathroom. The only slight problem was the lack of a lift up to the second floor, but we realise that this is a logistical problem and should not detract from anyone having a very pleasant stay in a lovely hotel. Parking is very easy, just outside the hotel, and on market days (Friday and Saturday) we were advised to park just over the road.
We would definitely stay at Chapters again if we were in the area.

Room Tip: There is only one twin room in the hotel so make sure you book early.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
stevenharry, Owner at Chapters Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Susan M F

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review...

We really do take pride in reading our guests' comments and I have passed them onto the whole team..

With regards to the lift for the hotel - With a 250 year old listed building does come restrictions and we are comforted when we realise our guests understand too...

Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future...

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Nice restaurant, tastefully decorated. Staff were attentive and polite, service was to a very good standard, staff were on hand for anything without been "in your face". The menu was explained well and one meal had an ingredient removed for the wife!! Well done. Portions were a little on the small side so maybe give this place a second thought if you want a gut busting experience. The food was cooked well and delivered quickly, not much waiting around. Two courses for £10.50 so not too many complaints. The music was of an unusual taste, 60`s and mowtown, strange choice. The wife and I are seriously considering returning for the "Gourmet Night Special" for our wedding anniversary, a nice little package, sparkling wine and petit fours on arrival a 3 course meal, bed and breakfast for between £129-£159 per couple!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
stevenharry, Owner at Chapters Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Ayresomelad

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our 2 course lunch menu

I have passed all your comments onto the team....

If you do decide to return for your wedding anniversary please let the staff know it is for this special reason and the chef will produce a special decorated plate for the end of your meal.

Thank you again and we do look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Had a Great meal tonight! The Steak was cooked to perfection and the Pate was just as good! Friendly young staff. Well done! It was our first visit and we will be back in the near future. Just not enough space for dessert.

Dear Kaalgatjoe

Thank you for taking the time to write the great review on your recent experience here at Chapters Hotel & Restaurant

I have passed your great comments onto the whole team and especially to the Victoria and her team

It is great news to see that you will be back and we do look forward to seeing you then

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at Chapters last night and had the gourmet evening deal . The price included the room with sparkling wine and petit fours in it on arrival. Three course evening meal and breakfast . This was an exceptional deal . The food was amazing, the staff and service excellent . I highly recommend this hotel and particularly this deal. Faultless

1  Thank Caroline W

Dear Caroline W

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on your recent experience of the Gourmet Night Special Package, we offer at Chapters

We are over the moon to see that you have enjoyed your time and we have passed your positive comments onto the whole team

We do look forward to seeing you again in the near future..

Reviewed 3 July 2014

When I stay away from home I like to find an independent hotel as opposed to the chain hotels as I like a little more individuality and like to support the independents as I have previously worked at one.

This hotel is very nice, really lovely town and beautiful building. The room was comfortable and clean but far too hot and I had difficulties getting the window to stay open. The breakfast looked good although I did not partake in a lot of it as I'm not really a breakfast person! I would have preferred some other fruit available e.g. grapefruit but this is a minor personal want.

My only gripe is that every person I had contact with was either on the extreme end of formal or just barely acknowledged my presence. It would appear given other reviews that this must be either my interpretation of events or that I stayed on an "off" day but I probably wouldn't stay there again as I appreciate a nice cheery smile and a "hello" when I enter reception not just being looked at and then the person just putting their head down again. This put me off asking for recommendation of where to eat (I stayed on a night when the restaurant was closed) as I already felt like a bother.

Like I said, minor personal niggle really I'm sure as otherwise it was a unique and interesting hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sunny_Tigs

Dear Sunny_Tigs

We do thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience here at Chapters Hotel. We have tried to contact you personally to understand what happened during your stay.

We have spoken at length with all our staff and we hope by highlighting your comments, our service to all guests will have improved....

We do hope that you give us another chance to change your opinion of Chapters Hotel.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Visited the restaurant again on Wednesday with two new people and they came away saying that they will be back , as we will be . Once again the food was out of this world ,staff brill cheers guys .
Looking forward tot he JAMES BOND night in August 2014 .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
stevenharry, Owner at Chapters Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Redstaraz

Thank you so much for the lovely review and we are over the moon to hear that you are joining us for the James Bond Evening in August, which should prove to be a fantastic night too.

I have passed your comments onto the whole team and look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I decided to book a lunchtime meal for a "big birthday" celebration at Chapters, on a friend's recommendation - as I was in the area, I popped in and booked in person. I was impressed with the warm welcome at reception, and so immediately booked a room for the night as well.
We arrived yesterday for our meal, with close family and friends. The service was excellent - the staff were so attentive and professional, and everyone was at ease throughout. We had all travelled from different parts of the country, so were delighted to have a lovely meal, without feeling rushed. The food was absolutely first class, and everyone was catered for.

We had a smaller group for a meal yesterday evening - again the food was excellent, and despite a large wedding party also being catered for, we felt we were important to the staff, and again were impressed by the service we received.
Our room had everything we needed, and we had an undisturbed night, despite being prepared for some noise from the wedding party (who also appeared to be having a lovely time!)

Breakfast this morning was lovely, I had a light meal of smoked haddock and poached egg, while my husband had a full english, with local produce.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and felt every detail was considered, and the highest standards displayed by all staff. We would definitely visit again, and I have no hesitiation in recommending a stay and meals at this lovely little gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: We had room 4, which was directly over the reception area. We didn't experience any noise, but w...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Earthintruder

Thank you for the lovely review you have wrote about your recent stay here at Chapters

We always enjoy receiving new guests, especially when they have been recommended too.... I have passed your comments onto the whole team and really appreciate you taking the time to write this.

Best Wishes

Steven

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stokesley
Wainstones Hotel
Best Western Grand Hotel
Best Western Grand Hotel
#4 of 9 in Hartlepool
Best Western Plus The Croft Hotel

Been to Chapters Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!