“Absolutely WONDERFUL! Thank you Chapters!”

Chapters Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stokesley
Yorkshire
“Absolutely WONDERFUL! Thank you Chapters!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Chapters as part of the gourmet deal. I had planned it as a surprise go this birthday and 2 other family members joined us for dinner. I arranged most of the stay via email with a lady called Rachel who was fantastic and I felt sure that everything was organised well, which it was. Check in staff were lovely.
Room was immaculate, prosecco and petit fours were just fab. We were also pleased to find Molton Brown products in the bathroom. Chapters are great at the finishing touches which just continued throughout the night. Dining & Evening staff were just of such a high standard. We have been in Michelin star rated restaurants and found the staff nowhere near as attentive and efficient as Chapters staff.
Food - well, it just gets better, it was delicious start to finish & my husband received a lovely birthday extra dessert.
Cannot fault any of the experience! The gourmet deal is unbelievable value for money and we would definitely recommend it to others.
We would like to say thank you to chapters staff. I hope this review reflects just how much we enjoyed our stay. I hope it also encourages anyone in doubt - you have to visit! We will certainly return and will tell everyone about our wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank OliveGreen1
stevenharry, Owner at Chapters Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear OliveGreen1

WOW what a review!!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this, we really do appreciate your comments and I have passed them on to the whole team. It really makes us proud to know we must be "doing the right job" when we get reviews such as yours.

Our Gourmet Specials are so popular and there is no better advertisement for us than comments such as yours...

Thank you so much again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future

Steven

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed for three nights but as visiting family did not have an evening meal. The breakfasts were excellent and cooked beautifullly, although my husband could not understand me eating fish for breakfast but it was delicious. I found the bed uncomfortable because it was quite hard but that is me as my husband thought it was fine. Would stay there again when visiting family and Stokesly is a delightful area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Susie2902

Thank you for taking time to write this review of your stay here at Chapters Hotel..

I have passed your comments onto the whole team and Rachel, my PA, Events & Marketing Manager, remembered you straight away..

We look forward to seeing you again if you are in the area.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at Chapters on the recommendation of a colleague who comes from the area. It is situated in the centre of this small market town, just on the edge of the North Yorkshire National Park.
We were made very welcome and were given the service we would have expected in Yorkshire: friendly, efficient and helpful. The food in the restaurant is exquisite, portions just the right size, and the waiter service just right: not hurried but not interminable. The cooked breakfast was delicious and there was plenty of alternative choice as well. The presentation of all the food was delightful. The rooms are comfortable, with Molton Brown products in the bathroom. The only slight problem was the lack of a lift up to the second floor, but we realise that this is a logistical problem and should not detract from anyone having a very pleasant stay in a lovely hotel. Parking is very easy, just outside the hotel, and on market days (Friday and Saturday) we were advised to park just over the road.
We would definitely stay at Chapters again if we were in the area.

Room Tip: There is only one twin room in the hotel so make sure you book early.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Susan M F

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review...

We really do take pride in reading our guests' comments and I have passed them onto the whole team..

With regards to the lift for the hotel - With a 250 year old listed building does come restrictions and we are comforted when we realise our guests understand too...

Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future...

Thornaby on Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Nice restaurant, tastefully decorated. Staff were attentive and polite, service was to a very good standard, staff were on hand for anything without been "in your face". The menu was explained well and one meal had an ingredient removed for the wife!! Well done. Portions were a little on the small side so maybe give this place a second thought if you want a gut busting experience. The food was cooked well and delivered quickly, not much waiting around. Two courses for £10.50 so not too many complaints. The music was of an unusual taste, 60`s and mowtown, strange choice. The wife and I are seriously considering returning for the "Gourmet Night Special" for our wedding anniversary, a nice little package, sparkling wine and petit fours on arrival a 3 course meal, bed and breakfast for between £129-£159 per couple!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
stevenharry, Owner at Chapters Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Ayresomelad

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our 2 course lunch menu

I have passed all your comments onto the team....

If you do decide to return for your wedding anniversary please let the staff know it is for this special reason and the chef will produce a special decorated plate for the end of your meal.

Thank you again and we do look forward to seeing you soon

great broughton
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Had a Great meal tonight! The Steak was cooked to perfection and the Pate was just as good! Friendly young staff. Well done! It was our first visit and we will be back in the near future. Just not enough space for dessert.

Dear Kaalgatjoe

Thank you for taking the time to write the great review on your recent experience here at Chapters Hotel & Restaurant

I have passed your great comments onto the whole team and especially to the Victoria and her team

It is great news to see that you will be back and we do look forward to seeing you then

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at Chapters last night and had the gourmet evening deal . The price included the room with sparkling wine and petit fours in it on arrival. Three course evening meal and breakfast . This was an exceptional deal . The food was amazing, the staff and service excellent . I highly recommend this hotel and particularly this deal. Faultless

1 Thank Caroline W
Dear Caroline W

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on your recent experience of the Gourmet Night Special Package, we offer at Chapters

We are over the moon to see that you have enjoyed your time and we have passed your positive comments onto the whole team

We do look forward to seeing you again in the near future..

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

When I stay away from home I like to find an independent hotel as opposed to the chain hotels as I like a little more individuality and like to support the independents as I have previously worked at one.

This hotel is very nice, really lovely town and beautiful building. The room was comfortable and clean but far too hot and I had difficulties getting the window to stay open. The breakfast looked good although I did not partake in a lot of it as I'm not really a breakfast person! I would have preferred some other fruit available e.g. grapefruit but this is a minor personal want.

My only gripe is that every person I had contact with was either on the extreme end of formal or just barely acknowledged my presence. It would appear given other reviews that this must be either my interpretation of events or that I stayed on an "off" day but I probably wouldn't stay there again as I appreciate a nice cheery smile and a "hello" when I enter reception not just being looked at and then the person just putting their head down again. This put me off asking for recommendation of where to eat (I stayed on a night when the restaurant was closed) as I already felt like a bother.

Like I said, minor personal niggle really I'm sure as otherwise it was a unique and interesting hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sunny_Tigs
Dear Sunny_Tigs

We do thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience here at Chapters Hotel. We have tried to contact you personally to understand what happened during your stay.

We have spoken at length with all our staff and we hope by highlighting your comments, our service to all guests will have improved....

We do hope that you give us another chance to change your opinion of Chapters Hotel.

Best Wishes

Steven
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stokesley
Wainstones Hotel
The Treebridge Hotel
The Treebridge Hotel
#5 of 11 in Middlesbrough
Best Western Plus The Croft Hotel

Been to Chapters Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!