“Terrific B&B!!”
Review of A Channel View B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kodiak
A Channel View B&B
Ranked #1 of 11 Kodiak B&B and Inns
Juneau, Alaska, United States
“Terrific B&B!!”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I recently stayed at this B&B as I was in town for a 3 day work trip. It was so beautifully decorated and a very well maintained home with a private entrance for B&B guests. There were lots of little touches that made us feel special - chocolate in the room, bottled water, gourmet breakfast, really friendly owners who were happy to share information. The owners were warm and incredibly welcoming - delightful people to meet. Our flight out to Anchorage was delayed for 2 days due to weather. The owners were so open and accommodating and were able to make arrangements for having us stay longer despite short notice and almost being at full capacity. I will fondly remember our memories of staying here and meeting Mary and Ron, (the owners).

Room Tip: Ask for the sea glass room!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Juneau, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This B&B has a breathtaking view and is located in a beautiful home. Ron and Mary made us feel very welcomed. The breakfast was awsome.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I recently stayed at this B&B in Kodiak, and had the most incredible stay. First, the hosts (Ron & Mary) are long-term Alaskans. They are welcoming and nice to be around. Mary's family goes back 5 generations in Kodiak! The information they were able to provide was unbelievably helpful, interesting & fun. Every breakfast was different, all were delicious and healthy (although I'm sure they could change that, for someone who wanted something different), and were beautifully presented.
I was only there to tag along w/ my husband who had work in Kodiak, but we felt like we were on a second honeymoon. We had our own space, so could have complete privacy whenever we wanted, but we were also welcome to be upstairs in the general living area with our hosts.
This B&B is also within walking distance of downtown (yet in a quiet neighborhood), so we walked to the downtown sites and restaurants (and the hosts can recommend the good food in town - we were not disappointed).
Oh, and our room had a balcony overlooking the channel going into the harbor, so the views were great, and it was fun to watch the Alaska Ferry and other boats going in & out.
We felt so incredibly pampered. I hope I am able to return to this B&B next summer.

Room Tip: All the rooms look really good, from what we could see. I think it just depends upon your needs.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2012

This is a gorgeous B&B with spectacular views of the channel. Accommodations are terrific. Ron & Mary, the owners, thought of everything. Had such a great stay. Looking forward to coming back soon.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Birch Bay, Washington, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We stayed in an absolutely amazing room, with spectacular views. 6 Days of relaxing time in Ron and Mary's Beautiful home. Bald Eagles outside our window, watch fishing boats return home. The Breakfast were all unique. Channel View B&B was the nicest B&B we had ever stayed at and look forward to coming back for a fishing or hunting trip.

Thanks Ron and Mary for a fantastic week.

Rob Eastman

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank movescvi
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I stayed at the Channel View B&B in early June of this year after taking the ferry up from Bellingham. Staying there was one of the highlights of my trip--I was glad have such a comfortable and welcoming place to stay after spending 6 nights on the ferry. The B&B is just outside the main town area, on a quiet residential street within easy walking distance of restaurants and shops. Ron and Mary were great, offering to pick me up at the ferry and making me feel right at home (I was especially thankful for that since I was traveling alone). Mary and Ron took turns making breakfast; both days the food was excellent, prepared with a variety of fresh ingredients--a perfect start to the morning. They also had many suggestions on things to do and places to go on Kodiak, which were very helpful since I hadn't fully planned my time yet. They were truly interested in what I had planned and in making sure I fully enjoyed my stay on the island (which I did!). I stayed in the Shades of Italy guest room, which was just the right size for a solo traveler and was full of interesting books and decor from (and about) Italy. Both the guest room and the kitchen/dining area had gorgeous views of the channel and Near Island, which I was able to appreciate since I was lucky enough to have good weather for most of my stay. I hope to return to Kodiak at some point, and would definitely stay at the Channel View B&B again on my next visit!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Anita F
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Mary and Ron were the most gracious of hosts from the time I made my first last-minute enquiry. I was met at the airport late at night and brought to a beautiful, warm, cosy home, with a view to die for. The cooking is also top quality. They let me store my luggage while a took a couple of days away (and even repaired my damaged bag!). The home is spotless and really inviting. within walking distance to the town to absorb the full atmosphere. I hope to stay there again.I hope to bring my family next time :)
Thank you very much, see you again, Lesley

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank lesley s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kodiak
Best Western Kodiak Inn And Convention Center
Cranky Crow Bed and Breakfast
Kodiak Russian River Lodge
Kodiak Russian River Lodge
#10 of 20 in Kodiak Island
Russian River Roadhouse
Russian River Roadhouse
#3 of 11 in Kodiak

Been to A Channel View B&B? Share your experiences!