All reviewssea glassgracious hostskodiak islandhome away from homeother guestsbreakfast tablecomfortable bedstay there againfelt like homea special placeevery morningspectacular viewsthank you so muchone bedroom apartmentamazing breakfastspent two nightshighly recommend this b b
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I highly recommend the Channel View B&B for anyone who will be traveling to Kodiak for business or pleasure. The owners are wonderful people with many years of experience, and are both very accomodating and caring to the very last detail. Their knowledge of the island is extensive, and their advise on places to visit and restaurants to try were so helpful! The home is beautiful as well as the exceptional views, and the rooms are cozy, clean and comfortable. I enjoyed the conversations and stories each day, it made me feel right at home and like family. The meals are healthy and made with tender loving care. The location of the B&B is also very convenient and close to town, but in a very quiet respectful neighborhood. I will without a doubt stay there again my next visit to Kodiak, which couldn't come soon enough!! Thank you! ~Amanda :0)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I recently traveled to Kodiak for a business trip. My original accomodations fell through a few days before I was set to travel and I had to scramble to find a place. I'd called a handful of other B & B's, going down the list generated from a google search, but everyone seemed to be booked. Finally, I called and spoke with Mary. They had a room available! I took it without much questioning anything about the room or the B & B. Mary did explain everything I needed to know, without me even asking. When I arrived a few days later, I was greeted with a warm welcome by both Mary and Ron. I was shown around their beautiful home and shown downstairs to the "studio" where I'd be staying. I was amazed by the quality of the accomodations, having spent a significant amount more on a room of less quality the previous year in Kodiak. The studio is large, has a ton of natural light, a breathtaking view of the channel, a large private bathroom, and a queen size bed that is like sleeping on a cloud! There was a good selection of different breakfast foods for my personal use. The owners even brushed the snow off of my car before I left the second morning after it had snowed. Mary and Ron are very kind people and really care about the experience of their guests. I highly reccomend staying at A Channel View B & B!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Very nice, spectacular view of the ocean and lots of bird activity, clean, and welcoming! Great location, healthy breakfast and accomodating hosts! We had such an amazing time! Highly recommend this B&B.
Michelle :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2012

It starts with the personalized welcome sign and just gets better from there. The attention to details is what makes this the best of the best. I travel extensively for business and being able to combine the amenities necessary for my work. with the exceptionally warm, inviting comforts of my room, makes this my favorite "home away from home". After weeks on the road, I just wanted to spend one quiet evening, watching the sun go down across the channel, relax with one of the myriad of DVDs supplied by Mary and Ron and eat popcorn. The next morning I was treated to an amazing breakfast that started with fresh fruit, homemade muffins and jam, and that was just the beginning. All the while, you watch the sun rise over the ocean, take part in wonderful discussions with the hosts, and discuss the days adventures. Their knowledge of the area is extensive and the advise of things to do is most welcome. If you are looking for a place to begin your vacation, or traveling for business, look no further. You can't do any better then this.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This stay was a great surprise for me. I was delayed by a day getting into Kodiak to visit my son due to weather so I extended my visit by a couple of days and needed a place to stay. Mary was more than happy to accommodate my last minute request for a room. Upon arrival, Ron greeted my son and I by name before we told him who we were. A welcome sign had our names at the entry area. We were led to the studio in the lower level of their home. Very comfortable, roomy and well appointed. Separate room in the back with rollaway for my son. Large bathroom area. TV, DVD, microwave, etc. We could not have asked for anything more.

In the morning, we headed upstairs for breakfast. Ron made Mexican quiche and it was terrific. Fresh fruit was all set at the table as well as coffee and juice. Ron also treated us to some of his homemade gravlax. Mary and Ron chatted with us about Kodiak and were extremely friendly. This is what makes B&B stays so fantastic!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family