A Channel View B&B
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewssea glasswonderful hostskodiak islandother guestsbreakfast tablehome away from homeplace to stayfelt like homeevery morningthank you so muchone bedroom apartmentamazing breakfastspent two nightstheir beautiful homefirst morninghosts marya special place
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This review is rather late in coming but from the recent reviews I've seen not much has changed. Ron & Mary are the most sweet natured, caring, helpful hosts and their B&B has the best location and most relaxed peaceful atmosphere we have ever encountered at a B&B. We really did come away feeling as if we had new friends. I can't imagine coming to Kodiak and staying anywhere else. Thank you so much Ron & Mary for a fantastic stay, Alaska would not have been the same without our stay with you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is definitely the best place to stay in Kodiak, and the best place I have stayed in my life. We stayed in the Apartment which was roomy and light, and contained every convenience I have at home, including wifi and a large TV (which we hardly had time to use), a washer and dryer, a dishwashing machine, stove, microwave, toaster, to name a few. The view of the bay from the large windows was outstanding. The place was very clean, and comfortable. We had our own entrance with a push button combination lock on the door.
Mary and Ron did everything to make our visit pleasant. They left multiple video tapes on Kodiak, and they lent us their book on locating birds in Alaska (including Kodiak) written by a Kodiak resident. Birding was our main interest. They left a vase of beautiful flowers, and kept the bird feeder full on the porch outside our windows. They stocked the refrigerator with more breakfast food than we could think of eating. They took us to the top of Pillar Mt. to see the best view of the city since we did not rent a car. They gave us great advice on where to find birds, and great restaurants, and phoned a friend who was a birder to ask if she could take us birding. These are only a few things they did to make our visit most extraordinary.

Mary and Ron are the kindest, most interesting, and best people, and the B&B is great. I highly recommend that anyone coming to Kodiak stay at the Channel View B&B. Even the Kodiak residents we talked to also highly recommended this B&B.

Room Tip: Call Mary and Ron and ask what room they suggest for you.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2014

If you want to see, experience and understand Kodiak, this is the place to be. Mary & Ron are amazingly helpful, friendly and knowledgeable, and more importantly, they do not run this B&B for profit. Staying with them means connecting with real people and giving back to Kodiak, not some hotel franchise.

Mary & Ron always ensured I was comfortable, happy and that my needs were being met. The rooms are very clean and stoked with interesting reading material and artifacts, the beds comfortable, the view great, the atmosphere homely. Not to mention their amazing breakfasts. With their help, Kodiak was one of the best - if not the best - of all my destinations in Alaska. Fantastic experience and I can recommend it to anyone interested in exploring Kodiak.

Room Tip: The seaglass room has a pretty good view of the channel, but I did not see the other rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed with Mary and Ron before my husband headed to his bear hunt camp. We were very pleased with their home and hospitality. Our room was very clean and spacious with a great view of the channel.

Mary and Ron were so kind to share their family history, pictures and media. They were so sweet to include us when they took us on some hikes with them and gave us more information about Kodiak.
We would love to go back to Kodiak and take our children, maybe we could stay with Mary and Ron again.

Thank you Mary and Ron for a wonderful stay in your beautiful home.
Lupe and Randy Decker
Midland, TX

Room Tip: Room was so close to stores, shops and restaurants, within walking distance.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 May 2014

One of the accidental joys of my trip to Kodiak, Alaska in July 2013 was finding myself in the Channel B&B. Not only is it spotless and filled with charm and serenity for a surprisingly reasonable price, its location with windows open right on Kodiak Island's channel, one seasonally traveled by humpbacks whales, is fantastic. The food and friendliness provided by hosts Mary & Ron is impeccable. And not only did Ron direct me to Fossil Beach--one of the most breathtaking shoreline spots I have ever encountered in my life--but he gave me the footwear and tools to dig out my own fossils from the stones that make up most of the beach. If I could return there every year, I would be a very happy man. In my absence, make sure to make yourself at home!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo