“Great food”
Review of The Chart Room

The Chart Room
Ranked #7 of 30 Restaurants in Kodiak
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We ate 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts here. The food was great and the prices were pretty decent for the dinners. The breakfasts were included in the hotel room price.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

As with the Best Western Hotel in which it is located (see separate review), this restaurant is no more than adequate at best. We were eating in a group of 8 and got through much of the menu between us but so far as I could see there were no stand out dishes. My wife and I shared a mac, crab and cheese starter which was warm and gloopy but not very fishy. My wife enjoyed her halibut and fries (actually fried potato wedges) and the portion was generous; my grilled halibut was slightly overcooked and drowned in a sweet red pepper sauce which destroyed what little flavour there was of fresh fish. The shame of this is that only yards away boats are landing some of the best, freshest fish in the USA but somehow the chef struggled to translate this to a memorable dining experience. The best dish for me was actually the large slice of carrot cake I had for dessert (enough for two) which tasted home baked and had a nice fresh feel to it.

1  Thank LaDolceVita27
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I would never have guessed that I'd have such great food at a Best Western Hotel Restaurant. The food was homemade and delicious - including the ice cream. (Don't share the ice cream, get your own! It was way too good to share.) I had pistaschio encrusted Hallibut and vegetables. I was a very satisfied customer.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

the service was great, the food was good and I could have fresh local fare, the price was very good and I had a wonderful locally made dessert. The view was wonderful looking out to the harbour. The location is good and within walking distance from my b&b

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was a fabulous restaurant. The Fish and Chips were crisp and fresh. The Kale Pesto Pasta was excellent. We would return if we had more time.

1  Thank Larrydot90