“Top Notch!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mrs Potts' Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kodiak
Mrs Potts' Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 12 Kodiak B&B and Inns
Hudson, Ohio, United States
“Top Notch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

From the moment my husband and I arrived (which was 11 p.m.!) Mrs. Potts made us feel welcome and at home. Her bed and breakfast was extremely tidy, spacious with the right amount of that "cozy" feeling. She was so gracious in allowing us to set the breakfast time, and the food was always delicious. My husband and I stayed with Mrs. Potts for 10 days, and I have absolutely no complaints about our time there. I highly recommend her for couples or families traveling in Kodiak. She is flexible and dependable, and I always felt that I was a valued guest - having a place to stay that really felt like home while on vacation was priceless!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We spent our two nights in Kodiak at this comfortable B & B and everything was perfect! Our room was very nice with magnificent views of the snow covered mountains, our bedding was very nice and the location was perfect! Breakfasts were delicious!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank frankanddonna
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

As someone who always prefers to stay at a B&B instead of a hotel, I constantly seek out such establishments during my travels. Having visited a number of these places during my many trips to Kodiak, I was most delighted to find Mrs. Pott's place this year -- which has become my preferred location to stay at on the Emerald Isle. Beth is so very courteous and accommodating (she was happy to serve our morning repast at very early hours!), and her rooms (located upstairs) are exceptionally clean and well-appointed too. Breakfast selections are excellent and deliciously-prepared. During one visit, we were treated to afternoon "high tea" while we celebrated a friend's birthday there (and she graciously offered us the use of her kitchen & dining area for this event). Rex provides marvelous, friendly, and welcoming canine companship to all guests as well... The B&B is very quiet at night and has comfortable beds (= good sleep), and is located right next to downtown Kodiak, close to the Baranov and Alutiiq museums, the historic Russian Orthodox church, the USFWS Visitor Center, gift shops, and the well-known Powerhouse and Henry's restaurants (plus other eateries too). All in all, Mrs. Pott's B&B earns the highest marks among placs to stay in Kodiak!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank G C
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

Ironically this summer I satyed in the best and worst ever, this was the good end of the spectrum see my other reviews for the other in Haines. I did quite a bit of searching and settled on this place and glad I am that I did.
The website itself is beutiful adn does this property justice; when I cheked in I was not disappointed, the outside is very charming and quaint, the house looks very small from outside but is actually very large. My hostess greated me with much warth showed me the entire property and my room and bath room. The room was very large with a huge well made bed; internet was free by the way. The property is not spotless, it is perfect and the host are worth the price of admission.
I got in after a long day in the eveining, Mrs Potts (Beth) greeted me offered my coffee or tea, and we sat down and talked for a spell then her husband (Dan)came in and we talked till maybe midnight. Beth is from Wales and I loved learning about Wales and her native tonque hich similar to Irish Delightful people!
In the morning I woke up and Mrs Potts made my a breakfast worthy of royalty. And we had another long conversation, sinful,as it is I asked her why she charged so little and basically told her her rates were to low for product.
Lastly Beth and Dan are typical Kodiak Islanders, I have lived in Alaska my whole life and traveled from one end to the other, the people of Kodiak are the warmest most generous in a state of warm genreous people. Kodiak is a truly breathtaking and her people are the icing.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Foodsthegame
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kodiak
BEST WESTERN Kodiak Inn and Convention Center
Cranky Crow Bed and Breakfast

Been to Mrs Potts' Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!