“Felt like home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kodiak
Mrs Potts' Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 12 Kodiak B&B and Inns
Rochester, Minnesota
“Felt like home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

We recommend Mrs. Potts' BnB to anyone looking for a quiet, comfortable, restful place to stay while exploring the great city and island of Kodiak. Beth looks out for her guests by providing a spotlessly clean accomodation and genuine welcoming hospitality. She started our day with an awesome breakfast with amazing choices of breads, jams, cereals, fresh fruits, coffee, juice. And, yes, Rex, is ever-tolerant of strangers walking into his home. //From Minnesota

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kathy W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Such a cosy and friendly place to stay in the centre of Kodiak. The rooms were lovely and spacious with a comfy bed and rocking chair! The bathroom was spotless and is what you would expect from a top end hotel. The breakfast was amazing - homemade, fresh, healthy produce and a fantastic spread of cereal, breads, fruits, etc. Location wise, everything downtown was a short 2 minutes walk away and I could not have asked for a more convenient and safe location. Beth, the owner, was lovely and made me feel at home from the start. Most definitely a home away from home!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank WendyLikesToTravel
Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

I wasn't really planning on liking my stay as much as I did. I really just wanted a place to park my bags and sleep for a few hours. Sometimes, the unexpected, unplanned experiences turn out to be what you take with you. I only planned on staying one night, but all flights were cancelled on the day I was supposed to leave Kodiak. I came back for a second night to wait out the weather. These are nice people. I was wet and worried about not getting a flight, and this cozy b&b provided a spot where I could hang out by the fire and feel safe. Definitely going back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank AKWeezy
Girdwood, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

If you are looking for a cozy, quiet, convenient home away from home, then Mrs. Potts' BnB is THE place. Beth ROCKS!! Her house is so cute and perfectly located to access everything in town on foot. We felt like we were home the second we walked in the door. We almost moved in :-) Oh and Rex is the coolest dog ever!!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank camperliving
Hudson, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

From the moment my husband and I arrived (which was 11 p.m.!) Mrs. Potts made us feel welcome and at home. Her bed and breakfast was extremely tidy, spacious with the right amount of that "cozy" feeling. She was so gracious in allowing us to set the breakfast time, and the food was always delicious. My husband and I stayed with Mrs. Potts for 10 days, and I have absolutely no complaints about our time there. I highly recommend her for couples or families traveling in Kodiak. She is flexible and dependable, and I always felt that I was a valued guest - having a place to stay that really felt like home while on vacation was priceless!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah E
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We spent our two nights in Kodiak at this comfortable B & B and everything was perfect! Our room was very nice with magnificent views of the snow covered mountains, our bedding was very nice and the location was perfect! Breakfasts were delicious!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank frankanddonna
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

As someone who always prefers to stay at a B&B instead of a hotel, I constantly seek out such establishments during my travels. Having visited a number of these places during my many trips to Kodiak, I was most delighted to find Mrs. Pott's place this year -- which has become my preferred location to stay at on the Emerald Isle. Beth is so very courteous and accommodating (she was happy to serve our morning repast at very early hours!), and her rooms (located upstairs) are exceptionally clean and well-appointed too. Breakfast selections are excellent and deliciously-prepared. During one visit, we were treated to afternoon "high tea" while we celebrated a friend's birthday there (and she graciously offered us the use of her kitchen & dining area for this event). Rex provides marvelous, friendly, and welcoming canine companship to all guests as well... The B&B is very quiet at night and has comfortable beds (= good sleep), and is located right next to downtown Kodiak, close to the Baranov and Alutiiq museums, the historic Russian Orthodox church, the USFWS Visitor Center, gift shops, and the well-known Powerhouse and Henry's restaurants (plus other eateries too). All in all, Mrs. Pott's B&B earns the highest marks among placs to stay in Kodiak!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank G C

Been to Mrs Potts' Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!