“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Java Flats

Java Flats
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Kodiak
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Healthy
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Alaska
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stopped in for lunch on our first day in Kodiak not sure what to expect. Left delighted with full bellies. A must for any trip to Kodiak. Still disappointed we did not try any of the HUGE cookies.

Visited August 2014

Kodiak, Alaska
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Love love love their sandwiches, coffee and cookies! Great for picnic lunches and for meeting friends!

• Visited August 2014
Anchorage, Alaska
“Coffee, addictive cookies, great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Java Flats is a little coffee house eatery and it's worth stopping here to grab a cup, a cookie and a bite to eat. We were greeted with a warm smile and lots of help as we decided on our order. I had a breakfast sandwich made into a wrap, Scott had a make-it-yourself breakfast sandwich. We enjoyed a cup of coffee and munched on a cookie while we waited. The food was served fairly quickly and with an ample fruit garnish that was basically a side. The coffee was excellent and did I mention the cookies? They are huge and perfectly baked. Lots of choices and no skimping on the add ins - huge nuts, tons of chips, coconut, dried cherries, depending on the variety you choose. Do yourself a big favor and eat here :)

Southern California
“Best simple meal on the island - and get a COOKIE!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I've had the opportunity to head to Kodiak for business over the past two years, and on the first visit I was introduced to Java Flats. Thank you Nick!!

This unassuming location gives you great food at reasonable prices. I've enjoyed breakfast, lunch, coffee, and cookies. Everything I've had has been beyond expectations - how do they provide such fresh fruits and vegetables on the island at such good prices?

Breakfast: There are a number of options, but I wanted something light. I grabbed a regular cup of coffee which itself was tremendous. When selecting what I thought was a small light meal (the granola, $6) - i discovered that I was going to have a challenge completing the meal. I had yogurt along with the granola, and it was smothered in berries and bananas. Lunch could be ignored after this meal.

Lunch: While the options are wide ranging, I have stuck with the Streamside (smoked salmon on a bagel with spinach, red onions and smoked salmon cream cheese). Every time it has been excellent. The spinach is fresh, and the salmon even more so. Recently I had the corn chowder as my side, and was equally pleased. A little spicy, but not overly. Very good.

Coffee: You can get a regular cup, or a custom latte, cappuccino or espresso. It takes a little time but the wait is worth it. Always very tasty.

COOKIES: You must get a cookie. After the large meal you might not be able to finish it, but they are good even later for that afternoon snack you always want.

I always ensure I visit Java Flats at least once when on the island.

Peregian Beach, Australia
“Awesome heart-warming soup”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I was on my way to the airport when someone told me to check out Java Flats, so I made an extra stop and loved it. I had a lovely bowl of soup. What a cute place, nice atmosphere, definitely worth a visit!