“Great pizza, Greek food.”
Review of Sparrow's

Sparrow's
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Kodiak
Cuisines: Greek, Pizza
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Great pizza, Greek food.”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Order it to go and take it across the street to the brewery like the locals! We had the pizza and it was great, used real calamata olives! Our B&B owner said the folks that started it came over from Greece so I'm sure everything else is great too!

Visited August 2013

“True Greek and THE BEST PIZZA!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Having lived in an area where generations of Greeks lived, I've tasted many types of authentic Greek style foods. I was amazed to find real Gyro meat roasting on spits when we first came to Sparrow's! The Gyros (Year-o's) are amazing. They make the best tzatziki sauce I've ever tasted. Their salads are huge and creative. They have some creative daily specials on their boards, so remember to check those. Our family are all foodies. We all agree, Sparrow's is one of our favorites on Kodiak (along with Noodles for, yes, Noodles). We also agree Sparrow's has the best pizza on the island and it even surpasses many places we've lived. The servers are very pleasant and attentive. So, the only cons, and they are nothing big...I wish they had more seating. They do get packed, especially weekends. I would like to see them build a little entry way on the outside of the door way to buffer the cold that must blast folks dining in during the cold months (it was letting in a lot of cold air during August, so I can imagine during January!). Also, a few more colorful wall hangings or art to look at would be fabulous! I love Lamb Chop, but I'd love to be stimulated by other musings as well, haha! Great job folks! Keep it up!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank USCGWIFEY
Boston, Massachusetts
“GOOD GREEK FOOD at LAST!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I love Greek food and I try to find places where I can get good food wherever I go!
Now, to my suprise, when I visited this Alaskan town in Kodiak I was told that a new Greek restaurant (with pizza!!!) had opened up! I wanted to try it!
AMAZING...DELICIOUS...INSPIRING! Chef Alfredo is partially Greek, hense the authentic Greek touch!!! Also the other dishes were good too! I had pizza one night...also excellent...but the Greek souvlaki, gyros, kebab, ntolmadakia!!! unbelievable...just like in Greece!

Great value for money, great service, great chef!
Thanks!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank DiNic2013
“Love Greek? Love Sparrow's :)”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I'm so glad Sparrow's opened in Kodiak. Wonderful Greek food, great service and friendly staff. Located at the "Y" downtown across from Kodiak Island Brewing Company.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank ASmilingBear
Soldotna
“Yum”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Great food great service I had the special- fresh ground burger and it was awesome with steak fries and Greek dipping sauce

• Visited July 2013