“Great sandwiches for the roadtrip in Kodiak”

Monk's Rock Coffeehouse and Bookstore
Ranked #1 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Kodiak
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
New York
“Great sandwiches for the roadtrip in Kodiak”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

great quality fresh sandwiches that are perfect the drive around Kodiak since there aren't restaurants in part of the island.

El Paso, Texas
“Good sandwiches”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stopped for lunch and had really good sandwiches. The place is very popular at lunch, so we had to wait in line to place our order. However, once placed, the wait for the sandwich was reasonable and worth the wait.

There's very little parking in front of the restaurant, but there's a larger parking lot about a half a block a way which we used.

King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“Best food in town”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Although we only had a lunch-time sandwich each, this place served the best food we ate during 4 days in Kodiak. The corned beef in my Reuben was moist and plentiful and the sauerkraut full of crunch and flavour. My wife's Maseltov Marvel (basically pastrami on dill rye) was equally impressive. It was slightly strange on entry to see that the coffee shop doubles as a purveyor of Orthodox icons and similar items although having read other TA reviews I now understand why. The young people serving us were exceptionally friendly and a real credit to their community. Had we not been with an organised tour which was trying to spread its custom around as many local businesses as possible we would probably have eaten here every day.

• Visited July 2014
Blue Earth
“Great Stop”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Excellent lunch and dessert in a fun little spot with friendly wait staff. The bread is very good - I had a reuben sandwhich and almond bar for dessert. This restaurant was recommended to us by several local people. I bought a great book about Kodiak Island here as well.

Redmond, Oregon
“good food”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had the soup and a sandwich and both were very good. the place is really charming and very relaxing to be in. the staff couldn't have been more friendly and nice and came out to tell me about where to go and things to see while I am in Kodiak. The soup is very filling so I would suggest having the soup and sharing a sandwich. I will go back before I leave

• Visited July 2014