“Peace of mind”

Ranked #1 of 3 Krinides B&B and Inns
Istanbul, Turkey
“Peace of mind”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The breakfast is magnificant. The people are so kind and helpful. The scene is beatiful. You can hear the birds and cocks when you wake up in the morning. It's very suitable to make a pause and get a fresh breath of life.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Shropshire
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently stayed at the Philippeio Hotel whilst on a road trip through Northern Greece. The family who run this hotel are so helpful. They took time to write out and explain at length how to get to some caves that were about 45 minutes drive away. They also gave us their mobile telephone number in case we got lost!
We ate dinner in the restaurant at the hotel and both the service and the food were amazing. Time was taken to explain the food they were serving and they were proud that they made their own condiments. Breakfast was equally amazing and the view from the restaurant was spectacular.
Our room was incredibly comfortable with everything we needed for our stay and again we had spectacular views from our balcony.
When we checked out of the hotel we wre given a jar of homemade fig jam to remember our stay there.
I realised when we had reached our next destination that I had left a dress in the hotel wardrobe so I emailed the hotel. No problem, the dress was posted to my home addresss in the UK.
The family that built and run this hotel are quite rightly proud of what they have achieved, and I would definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Traveling by motorcycle in Europe and Russia was amazing. Everyone asks me what the highlights were. My stay at the Philippeio Hotel was certainly a highlight. The hotel sits atop a mountain overlooking the ruins of the ancient city of Philippi. It was constructed with natural stone, which blends the hotel harmoniously into the environment. The hotel is amazing in design, the location is fantastic and the staff couldn't be better.

During my stay, the owner, his family and staff helped me feel very welcome. In fact, when I arrived, I had some illness and they took great care of me. They referred me to their doctor and made sure I was okay afterwards. The owner sat down with me at dinner to tell me about the local history and all the things that I should see. Originally, I had planned to stay a short time, but as my stay was quite enjoyable, I decided to stay longer.

The food at the Philippeio Restaurant was sensational along with the view. The breakfast that was served was so large that every day I would ask them to please, please give me less. The local cuisine along with continental offerings were tasty and reasonably priced. Words do not really allow one to convey the beauty of the view along with the food.

My room was spacious, attractive and very clean. Sitting on the porch, observing the clouds drifting across the valley and sipping local wine was something I will never forget. As a side note, the drive up to the hotel has a few twists and turns, but that is a small thing compared to the great location.

During my stay, the owner told me that building such a hotel had been his dream. Now he is in the business of making wonderful memories for his clients. Everyone owes themselves a visit to the Philippeio.

Room Tip: My room was on the main floor, closest to the restaurant. It was fantastic, but looking at the layo...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Philippeio for two days. We're a couple with a 10 year old child. Our room was clean, big enough for two and a half, adorned with oil landscapes of the area and a large balcony with a gorgeous view of the village of Krinides. Above all the restaurant of the hotel is highly recommended: Chef Georgios is a master . Never skip the tasty breakfast. The owners of the hotel Panagiotis and Marianna are extremely firendly people and treats you as your siblings who actually are. Giannis the maitre d'hotel is a wonderful guy who helps you from the bottom of his heart when needed. Thank you Panagiotis, Marianna, Giannis, keep up good work......Geia su apo thin Constantinopoli.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Havana, Cuba
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I visited this hotel with a friend of mine in the beginnings of March. What i have to say about the stuff, is how proffesional they are and customer focused !!!!

First of all i wanted a double room with twin beds, and as there was no availability during my stay, i got upgraded to a very nice, very huge triple room on the front of the hotel with a magnificent view !
On the very next morning a very nice suprise came to reality !!! The owner of the hotel served us a very delicious, of great variation fresh made breakfast with local products accompanied with a very friendly presentation.
On the second day , after a small tour to the near cities of north Greece, we realised, that our internet connection was down !!! Again this was no problem for the owner !!! He arranged to let an internet antenna de-installated from the back of the hotel to the front side and the internet connectivity issue has been suddendly solved.

After having been in a lot of hotels across Europe, this one has been kept in my mind for the Proffesional approach the owner and his stuff have, the magnificent view and the very delicious dishes of the restaurant.

A big THANK YOU from my side for your great hospitality and from now on, you are my first choice for the next stays !!!

Room Tip: Go for the front rooms, as the view is really stunning !!!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank distance10
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We were very impressed with this hotel. The staff were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. Despite being there out of season, the rooms were warm and very comfortable. Breakfast was delightful, with traditional dishes, prepared with organic food, made by old family recipes. We also had dinner. Perhaps a bit dearer than local tavernas, but interesting choices and lovely presentation. Ideal for a treat.

Room Tip: In a strong wind the top floor could be noisy.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank carolmaggs
Constanta, Romania
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Planned to stop there on our way to Lefkada and we had such a wonderful experience that we stayed there again on our return trip. Exquisite place, would recommend it to everybody just to learn what hospitality really means. We congratulate ourselves for the selection. You do not see the sea which is about 15 km away but you compensate with a bright panorama and the hosts which are remarkable. Perfect resting, delicious food and when you say yourself you can't eat anymore than the sweets or a special dish are coming! A pitty we stayed so short!

Room Tip: Just pick any room! You can not make mistakes, all of them are good!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucian I
Also consider these accommodations in or near Krinides
Lucy Hotel
#2 of 14 in Kavala
Hydrama Grand Hotel
Hydrama Grand Hotel
#1 of 7 in Drama

Been to Philippeio Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!