“The kindness of strangers”
Review of Breeze Inn B&B

Breeze Inn B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Kidd's Beach B&B and Inns
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“The kindness of strangers”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Malcolm and Terri could not have been kinder/more helpful. They even arranged for one of their guests to collect me from the airport. I initially stayed for 1x night then went back and stayed for 2x more at the end of my tour.Lovely rooms and excellent food. I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Best room available
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank lizb46186298
BreezeInn4, Owner at Breeze Inn B&B, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Hi Liz. Thanks for the lovely comments. It was a great pleasure hosting you at Breeze Inn, even though we were not there on that first stay . It was super getting to know you on your return. We shall long remember the time together and Look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Guildford, Surrey, UK
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I stayed at Breeze Inn for a week in late February and had the most relaxing chilled time. Malcolm and Terri are fantastic hosts. My room was beautifully decorated with antique furniture and crisp fresh linen. I had a lovely little en suite shower room, and a door to the garden from my room, so that I could walk straight from the beach to my room. Breakfast was excellent with fruit salad, juice, full English, toast and the nicest coffee ever. Everyone I met whilst staying there was friendly and interesting and many evenings Malcolm and Terri would invite me to an evening meal which was delicious. I really can't fault my stay. My room had a super silent ceiling fan which was lovely and so much nicer than air con. The beach (which you can see from the breakfast room) is lovely and deserted and great for walks.

Room Tip: I was in the yellow room.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank katrina40
BreezeInn4, Owner at Breeze Inn B&B, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Hi Katrina. Thanks for the lovely comments. It was a great pleasure hosting you at Breeze Inn as well as during our tour of the Cape Province. We shall long remember the time together and all the great things we did. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Hants UK
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights - excellent host and hostess in Malcolm and Terri - wonderful breakfast - an impromptu dinner of steenbrass caught that very day - the location is out of this world - a stroll to the almost empty beach to look for shells - home made scones and cream at the one and only cafe for 17 rand! Locally grown pineapples from the farm stall - what better way to re charge your batteries

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LMJHantsUK
BreezeInn4, Owner at Breeze Inn B&B, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Thanks for the kind words about us and our lovely Village.
It was a pleasure meeting you and having you stay with us.
We hope to see you next time you are in this area.
Reviewed 25 February 2012

i was here for three days with my girlfriend and i must say we had a GREAT!!!!! host in Malcom, Great!!! staff, Good food and Fantastic views of the peaceful beach which is just seconds away from the patio. I found that coming from the rat race in Joburg, this was the perfect place to kick back and relax. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank sthukzavic
BreezeInn4, Owner at Breeze Inn B&B, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
It was great having you stay and sharing our piece of paradise with your special Lady.
The conversations were evry enjoyable, boyh to us and our other guests.
Hope to see you again soon.
Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 7 February 2012

What a weekend!!!! Breeze Inn you will see me again, the room was so welcoming and a peaceful home, the view and spot are perfect for a breakaway or holiday, Malcolm thank you for your hospitality, and being our tour guide your knowledge sharing of the Eastern Cape, all the nice places and the environment, we had the most amazing time, it was spectacular the scenery was breathtakingly beautiful, the restaurants, pubs, the lighthouse, and ocean with its constant dramatic change of the sea, the play of the dolphins eating their lunch the amazing beaches, awesome thank you once again for a one amazing weekend at Kidds Beach Breeze Inn Guest House.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Charlene O
BreezeInn4, Owner at Breeze Inn B&B, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
This was a special pleasure looking after two wonderful ladies for a whole weekend of fun and travel. It is always special to share this lovely part of our country with special people.
Hope to see you again soon.
Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I visited the Breeze Inn during the months of July and August. There were a lot of activities for me and my family to enjoy. The accommodations were really comfortable and made me feel like I was at home. Malcolm and Terri know the area very well and were able to set up a lot of adventures and trips for us to take. The views are amazing from the Breeze Inn and the walks on the beach are spectacular. I had the best time of my life, and I miss it everyday! Thank you Malcolm and Terri!

Room Tip: All the rooms are truly amazing. Each has it's own touch, but all maximize personalized luxury...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Salgal397
BreezeInn4, Owner at Breeze Inn B&B, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
Thank you! We look forward to seeing you again.
Farmington, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Coming from overseas, I felt both safe and comfortable as soon as I arrived at Breeze Inn. The B&B has a fitting nautical theme and the rooms are very clean. Terri and Malcolm are gracious hosts that welcome you like family. They are very knowledgeable of the area and I felt I wouldn't have been able to fully experience the Eastern Cape without them. After long days exploring the beautiful and uncrowded beaches around Kidd's Beach, you won't find better food (or company!) in the area. If you're lucky enough to be there after Malcolm has been fishing that day (and he is a terrific fisherman as indicated by the fish which hangs above the bar) , you'll be treated to more fresh fish than you can eat! But save some room for breakfast in the morning because to this day, I have never had a better or more filling breakfast (after numerous attempts upon returning home, I still can't replicate it)!

If you have the opportunity, Malcolm also offers a charter fishing service, which I can't recommend enough. Out of East London, we must have seen 4 or 5 humpback whales breaching around pods of dolphins as soon as we left the harbor. Malcolm is a terrific guide and knows exactly where to be for the conditions. There was definitely no lack of fish and everyone left happy.

Anyone who is looking for a clean and comfortable place to stay in the East London area should definitely visit Breeze Inn! Thank you again Terri and Malcolm!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank jdub5
BreezeInn4, Owner at Breeze Inn B&B, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Yes, it was a great time together. It was our pleasuer to share all this area has to offer, with you.
We will l ong retain the super memories and hope that you will be back to make new ones.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kidd's Beach
Premier Hotel EL ICC
Premier Hotel EL ICC
#3 of 13 in East London
The Coelacanth Bed and Breakfast
Milkwood on Main
Milkwood on Main
#1 of 3 in Kidd's Beach

Been to Breeze Inn B&B? Share your experiences!