“Decent food for the money and friendly staff”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Graham Arms Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 5 Restaurants in Longtown
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sheffield
“Decent food for the money and friendly staff”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Along with 3 friends, turned up at this establishment just as a large party of old folks were leaving and boarding their bus. We were greeted by a friendly member of staff who explained that the party leaving had filled the restaurant, so no tables were set up, but if we cared to wait and have a drink in the bar they would set a fresh table up. This was quickly set up. The service was good and the food, whilst basic pub grub, was fine and appropriately priced.

• Visited October 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Found by accident”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Just been to Gretna for a wedding, not having been in the area before I was unsure of where to stay, having two dogs choices are limited.

Found the Graham Arms in a general search and booked it for one night only (this was due to other domestic arrangements)

Phoned up a few days prior to our stay wanting a room early to get changed for a wedding, no problem at all was told the room would be ready by 12 noon. The wedding was at 4 pm.

Check in was simple and the car park at the rear was a little quirky but handy and I didn't have to unload my dogs on the main road.

The room was on the 2nd floor on the corner of the hotel, it was large clean tidy, spacious and overall very well presented. The ensuite was a shower room again adequate for our needs again clean, neat and tidy.

The staff were very helpful and pointed out a walk a hundred meters or so from the hotel along the River Esk to exercise the dogs, nice day and the hours walk was excellent. Got ready and went to the wedding in Gretna Green returning at about 10pm. We were both very tired and went straight to the room, the bar looked inviting but just too tired.

We live in a very quiet cul de sac and the only down side was that being on the main A7 there was a steady passge of traffic through the night which did have an impact but we did manage to drop off eventually. (A few tots may have cured that issue)

We did not eat in the hotel but Breakfast the following morning was very good.

I would consider a revisit if I find myself in the area again

• Visited August 2013
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Great local food, and pleasant staff”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Having read some of the reviews I felt the had to put my own view of my experience in writing.
I am a local business owner who entertains customer's and suppliers from all over the UK, and I always recommend them staying at this hotel. People need to understand the this hotel is not the Savoy, nor is it a Michelin star restaurant, but the ambience is appealing and staff are always very welcoming. The food is always of a good standard and service staff are pleasant and accommodating. I have always found if I need to raise a question with a member of staff, they are very easy to approach and will do whatever they can to ensure your time in the hotel is a seamless experience, all you have to do is ask.

• Visited June 2013
Mt Prospect, IL
“Restaurant is uneven (to give them the benefit of the doubt)!”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The restaurant setting is nice and the servers friendly. But we would give only 2 stars to the food. We had one of their specials for dinner, a fish encrusted with herbs. It turned out to be little more than fish with bread crumbs mixed with some herbs. Very bland and tasteless! If you have to eat at this restaurant (the other options in Longtown are takeaway places), you may want to order from the regular menu full of English classics which are getting good reviews.

• Visited June 2013
Kelso
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Accommodating”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I am vegetarian, there was a vegetarian curry on menu or a baked potato as I cannot eat curry I asked what else they could offer message from chef was curry that was it. This is first time I have been in a restaurant where I have been told this very poor.

• Visited September 2012