“Perfect for a relaxing long weekend”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
mike_cash...
Liverpool
“Perfect for a relaxing long weekend”
Reviewed 6 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018

Great stay in a really relaxing and comfortable lodge. The owners were very welcoming and friendly, and the extra touches (local produce, wine, beer, etc.) were an excellent touch. The hot tub was brilliant - we will definitely be back!

8 Aug 2018
Thank you for your lovely review, we look forward to seeing you again.
MrsMcD16
Scotland
“Stunning lodge but management left a sour taste”
Reviewed 9 July 2018 for a stay in April 2018

This is a really difficult review as the lodge is stunning. Everything was finished to a very high standard. We were pleasantly surprised by the goodies that were left for us. Adele walked us through the lodge explaining how the heating etc worked. She told us she would come back later with a bucket for my friend who smokes for cigarette butts and to show us how to work the hot tub. However neither of these things happened. The lodge is a lot closer to the house than it looks in the photos. This is also a working farm with ducks, geese, lambs etc that are very noisy, I had to buy earplugs to get to sleep, but I'm a very light sleeper. Our main problem started when we went on the second day to inform the owner that we had noticed a crack on one side of the arm on the hot tub. She came over to check telling us she hoped it wasn't the last guests who had left the place in such a state. When she checked the part we had reported, she decided that it must of been something we had done and informed us she would need to get in touch with hot tub company and would come back later that day to let us know what they said. Yet again this never happened but first thing the next morning she appeared at the door with a bit of folded paper in her hand, she then told me the engineer could only come that day or the following week. I was handed the bit of paper and told the engineer was going to replace the damaged part and if I had any questions I was to speak to the contact on the paper. I nearly died when I opened the paper to find an invoice for £375 for the work that was to be carried out. Although I knew that we had most definitely not caused the damage I stupidly paid the £375 . As well as this issue we had a problem over payment for the lodge. I booked through booking.com and it stated we had to pay the owner direct. We brought the cash to Adele when we arrived but she told me the payment had been taken. I asked her to contact the company to confirm this as I hadn't noticed the payment coming off my bank. I was told it had definitely been paid, so you can imagine my disgust when I got home to an email informing me I had left the property without paying. So what was supposed to have been a relaxing girly reunion with 2 of my best friends, ended up being a very expensive and upsetting weekend. I was disgusted to be accused of damaging someone's property and leaving somewhere without paying.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
10 Jul 2018
The hot tub is cleaned, refilled & checked for damage prior to the arrival & departure of each guest(thus a damage deposit is taken with every booking.The tub was perfect for the arrival of these guests, whom had stated they had used hot tubs before, if that had not been the case they would have been informed it was out of order.As this booking proceeded an Easter booking, the company fortunately had a replacement part (an American hot tub)& had to be replaced prior to the arrival of the next guests, for Easter an itemized email was given to the party, who contacted the company & paid.On arrival the party were unsure if they had paid, a payment was duly taken unfortunately it transpired it did not go through, Booking .com were contacted & asked if the party whom had made the booking could contact us, as they had already left & we did not have any contact details.We were unaware of the content of the email which had been sent, & would not have used this content & we would have been upset with its content However on departure when the party returned the keys to the lodge, nothing of the above complaints & content were mentioned, so why did they contact the company & pay for the damage!
Four months earlier we had refreshed & replaced the hot tub cover, & lifter so were very aware of its condition.
sarahelle...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“One word fabulous”
Reviewed 9 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for our first anniversary together. What can I say there was a lovely hamper with a balloon fresh fruit champagne......
We relaxed underneath the stars in the hot tub which was lovely.
Went on lovely walks with amazing scenery.
The owners were very helpful and pleasant. Will definitely be going back

11 Apr 2018
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, look forward to seeing you both soon.
nsw12018
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Honeymoon”
Reviewed 5 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

My husband,son and I stayed here for 2nights as part of our honeymoon. The lodge is excellent, very clean and decorated to a high standard. The owners went the extra mile for our arrival with rose petals on the bed a luxury hamper and a bottle of prosecco chilling. We Would highly recommend.

7 Apr 2018
Tank you for your lovely review, so please you enjoyed your stay.
Mr & Mrs Taylor
Sandra H
Ramsbottom, United Kingdom
“Luxury Lodge”
Reviewed 5 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

This is a truly luxuriously kitted out lodge, everything is wonderful in this lodge. The beds are so comfortable and warm. The lodge was lovely and toasty and the hot tub was great. The welcome hamper on arrival was extremely generous, with a giant Easter egg, prosecco, local goodies, cheese and stick toffee pudding and a fresh fruit basket. It is quite clear the owners pay this lodge a lot of care and attention and it is perfect for a quiet relaxing get away. Remember this lodge is on a working farm so you will be awoken by the cockerills, however I feel this all adds to the charm. Highly recommended.

17 Apr 2018
Thank very much for your fabulous review.
Regards
Indy P
“Excellent”
Reviewed 12 March 2018 for a stay in February 2018

I had a 10 day stay due to a family emergency, the Lodge was a Godsend. From the start I was warmly greeted by the owner, the welcome hamper was a fabulous surprise. The lodge was beautifully decorated, the bed and quilts were heaven after stressful days. I only braved the hot tub but what bliss. The chickens and ducks kept me amused and the WiFi kept me in touch with family members.

12 Mar 2018
Thank you for your fabulous review,hope to see you again under different circumstances.
Owen & Adele Taylor
Emma H
“Best place to relax!”
Reviewed 28 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

We decided for our first wedding anniversary that we wanted to find a remote lodge to escape from everything and everyone and we certainly found that at Pheasant Lodge!
Upon arrival we were invited into the farmhouse by Mr & Mrs Taylor for a much needed cuppa after the 7hr journey we’d had, seeing the lodge for the first time made every minute of that journey worth while.
Little touches made our stay very special. There was a hamper of goodies, fresh fruit, flowers, handmade chocolates, fudge, prosecco, a present and a card from our lovely hosts.
The lodge is furnished and styled to a very high standard, every little detail has been thought of for the guests stay, extremely clean, comfortable-the beds are like sleeping on clouds! The double headed shower is bliss. Underfloor heating throughout is the best thing, especially on a very chilly February morning as you step out of bed or the shower. Out the back on the decking are table and chairs to sit and enjoy the sunset and a drink or to place your robe and slippers on whilst you take a dip in the hot tub!
The lodge is surrounded by animals and I was so lucky to get to handle a newborn lamb, totally amazing! Also, Shetland ponies, donkeys, chickens, geese, sheep, lambs all reside on the land around the lodge, and the household cats that love to come and say hello on the decking.
If you can visit then do, you won’t be disappointed!
We will be back very soon.
Emma & Stephen Harrison

3 Mar 2018
We are so pleased we were able help make your first anniversary one to remember. looking forward to seeing you soon.
Mr & Mrs Taylor
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing