“A Good Country House”

and 1 more site!
Glangrwyney Court
Ranked #2 of 2 Glangrwyney B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We stayed here for a Saturday night only. The welcome was warm and friendly. The beds were comfortable and the room fitted our family of four easily.
The lounge and bar area were relaxing places to sit in the evening after we returned from dinner.
We got a good recommmendation for dinner in a local pub.
The only disappointment was that in the Full Welsh Breakfast, my wife only got one poached egg. Apart from that, breakfast was good.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mrthom1316
There are newer reviews for Glangrwyney Court

Reviewed 21 November 2012

We stayed at the Glangrwyney at the weekend to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. We really enjoyed our stay. The owner and other staff were very helpful and friendly.

The turning for the hotel was easy to miss in the dark and rain but we soon found it. We were very impressed when driving through the grounds up to the house with the beautiful autumn trees lining the drive.

Our room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. We stayed in the jacuzzi room which meant our private bathroom was located just down the hallway. The shower was a bit difficult to use as the clip for it wasn't very tight so it slipped down, subsequently spraying on the wall. The views from our room in the morning of the Brecons was an amazing sight to wake up to.

There was a lot of choice for breakfast, cereals, fruit and yoghurt and then a full english, toast and jams etc. The only thing that was slightly off putting was the big fluffy cat in the dining room which seemed hungry as it watched us eat breakfast and then tried to climb up on to our laps.

It was the perfect, relaxing break for us. We would visit again and would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 217Lucy
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed for 2 nights - Saturday and Sunday in November - it really is in a beautiful location, the house feels like staying in a small stately home - the breakfast was hot and delicious. the honesty bar in such a place is a really good idea. To me it is a real shame that there is no food - on both nights i walked to the local pub - 10 minutes away but if there were even a limited menu I would have eaten in.

Room Tip: I stayed on Room 8 - The Rose room which was on thesecond floor - there is no lift but it was really...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Mary S
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I have stayed at Glangrwyney Court for at least 15 years and I keep coming back for the style, ambience, company and excellent value Christina and her family have to offer. The house is spotless, beds superbly comfortable, bathrooms luxurious, staff professional and the breakfast delicious. I have stayed at other hotels in the area for as long and I have been bitterly disappointed to see how standards have fallen so I will not waste my money. Not here, it is simply fantastic. The suggestion that the animals are not well behaved is ridiculous, they are all absolutely lovely and if Henry pops in the breakfast room he is quickly removed. I would recommend Glangrwyney Court to anyone. I feel welcome, relaxed and at home every time I stay and yes I will be staying again - the sooner the better. I was actually staying just before the wedding party which has given such fabulous reviews, even though there was an air of business carrying on I was as always treated as a good and valued friend. If all hotels took their business as seriously a lot of people would be happier!

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic and quiet as set so far back from the road.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank 2009Elle
Reviewed 1 October 2012

on arrival at the hotel ,we made ourselves know by ringing the bell as we walk inside.A young girl came out(not to greet us and ask if we had a good trip and what was our names)only after i introduced myself,she asked me to fill in an arrivals form,then disappeared whilst i filled in the form.On her return she showed us the lounge then the bar then the dinning area,all in one foul swoop and left us,oh and then she told us the breakfast time which were wrong when we checked the information pack in our room.Our room was great(West Room No 4)no complaints at all.good views and warm.The Hotel has lots of nick knacks and is clean through out,the reception hall makes you feel warm and cosy.Breakfast in the morning was ok,all tables occupied.There was a visiter in the room, and that was the cat Henry.Not all agreed that he should be there whilst having breakfast,one table did ask the waitress to put him out which she did ,but he returned within 5 mins.later to there distaste.On leaving the breakfast room we encounted the big black labrador lying on the floor by the breakfast room door,opposite was the door to the kitchen where we saw a rottwellier dangling over a stair way dripping and making quite growling noises.The owner does state in there description of the hotel that there animals wandering about, and that if you are not happy with this ,then there hotel in not for you.Apart the above,our stay was enjoyable Would we stay there again,dont think so.The reason we stayed at the hotel was the fact that we had seen it on t.v.(The Hotel Inspector)

Room Tip: All rooms are good...For a really good experience ask for the West Room number 4
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Trevor M
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This place is beyond good. Driving up to it you think you have taken a wrong turning and driven into someone's private house. Walking around the reception rooms which you are invited to do when you arrive is amazing. You certainly do not feel you are in a hotel. There were four of us and we had chosen to stay in the farmhouse. I didn't think this would actually be a house just a small cottage with two small bedrooms. How wrong I was it was indeed a house with two stunning bedrooms, two bathrooms a kitchen with a Rayburn and a lovely homey sitting room. We had only booked the farmhouse for one night but went for breakfast in the morning thinking we would be charged extra for breakfast as we were essentially self catering. Our wonderful hostess said she would never let anyone leave without breakfast and we were not charged. The breakfast by the way was superb all served in the most wonderful style with gorgeous china and glassware. I could have been in a Jane Austen novel. Booking again soon and for longer. Personally I don't think I have ever stayed anywhere quite so perfect.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travelchild094
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My wife and I stayed for two nights and could not find any thing bad to say . The room was clean and had lovely furniture and the bed was lovely , a great nights sleep . The breakfast was great , lots of choice and lovely views from you table. The hotel is set way back from the road (not very busy) and the surrounding countryside is beautiful . The family pets and host (lol) were very welcoming .

Room Tip: rooms at from offer great view
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank renee1reece
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glangrwyney
The Old Rectory Country Hotel and Golf Club
#1 of 3 in Abergavenny
Ty Croeso Bed & Breakfast
Ty Croeso Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 2 in Llangattock

Been to Glangrwyney Court? Share your experiences!